Page 694 of 883 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696704744794 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 8822

Thread: Funny CW moments page 694

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    I tasted one Krispy Kreme once back when they were such a big deal. Gagged it was so sweet.
    Yeah, it's amazing.

A few years ago I was in the states and the woman wanted to goto Cheesecake Factory (barf), so I took her. The triple heart attack fudge cake desert was so large, and soo sweet we couldn't even believe it was real. No human needs, nor should ever consume, something that sweet. It's just plain unnatural. This was like lab fructose instant diabetes sweet. My old boss in the states used to bring in homemade fudge that was the same way. Nobody else in the world does that.

Americans taste buds are fried.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Cheesecake Factory (barf), so I took her. The triple heart attack fudge cake desert was so large, and soo sweet we couldn't even believe it was real. No human needs, nor should ever consume, something that sweet.
    Cheesecake Factory was my last stop before becoming primal. I had a simple dinner of salmon, roasted veggies and potatoes, and then a slice of Dulce du Leche cheesecake. I didn't even eat half the cheesecake. I came home and my skin was just crawling and I felt toxic for 2 days. It felt like "whoa...I've been poisoned." And I will tell you, at the time, I could put down some sweets, so it wasn't like a new thing to have a dessert or a bunch of sugar.

I don't know what they put in their food- to this day, I make cheesecake and will eat it. Of all desserts you can make from scratch it is pretty primal and doesn't have a ton of sugar in it. I have no idea what the hell was in that food, but in a way, I'm glad I ate it, because it was the final sign that the foods I was eating was going to kill me. It felt like acid in my veins. Very disturbing.

I HIGHLY suggest if you travel to America that you do not eat at chains. There are some amazing local restaurants everywhere. I mean, if you ate at Olive Garden, Appleby's and Cheesecake Factory I can see where you might assume we all lack taste buds. But every town has some local options worth trying.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

PBNewby is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerfaced View Post
    Lady at work this morning brought in a dozen Krispy Kremes - I overheard someone saying well ok, they'll have one, but gimme the apple and custard one so its healthier.
    Now THAT is funny!
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    a slice of Dulce du Leche cheesecake. I came home and my skin was just crawling and I felt toxic for 2 days. It felt like "whoa...I've been poisoned." And I will tell you, at the time, I could put down some sweets, so it wasn't like a new thing to have a dessert or a bunch of sugar.
    Hehe I know right? I still remember we talked about that fudge cake for like an hour afterwards; about our weird sugar rush feeling and about why anyone would serve such a crazy thing? And hell, why we ate it?

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I HIGHLY suggest if you travel to America that you do not eat at chains. There are some amazing local restaurants everywhere. I mean, if you ate at Olive Garden, Appleby's and Cheesecake Factory I can see where you might assume we all lack taste buds. But every town has some local options worth trying.
    This is just a good rule in general. Whenever I go on road trips with friends back to where I'm from, I have a rule that we don't eat at any chains during the trip.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    I tasted one Krispy Kreme once back when they were such a big deal. Gagged it was so sweet. Could never understand the big deal about them.
    I have a friend who I used to work with, and he started going to the gas station across the street every day at lunch and buying a box of Krispy Kremes. When he first started this he was very thin, and about 3 months later he had put on a bit of weight and grown quite the set of man boobs. Freaked him out enough to stop eating them.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Teacher: "the school goes on about how healthy it is - but have you tasted their biscuits?"

I looked up in hope...

"yeah, you can literally taste the butter in them." she sighed.

...only to put my head back down

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I'm not an emo, I swear

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    So, we got the National Geographic in the mail, and on the front is a .... CUPCAKE! BUT!!!!!! It was an article on how bad sugar is for you and how much us Americans love to eat it.

Pointedly pushed it under my daughter and husband's nose. But I must say mu DH was the one who pointed it out to me.

Sugar

Maybe... maybe people will start to believe.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for linking to that article. On the way to the gym just now I was listening to NPR and the author was being interviewed along with another doc. Planned to buy the magazine.

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    My parents were over and Mom was about to bake apple crisp. Finding only butter and not margarine, she freaked a little, and muttered under her breath that all that butter is gonna give me a heart attack. Chemical margarine? No thanks. It doesn't even taste good.

She's also subtly suggested Weight Watchers to help me lose the baby flab. And she's also quick to tell me how fat I am, what the newest research is on health/ weight loss and trying to get me to eat fat free yogurt and Crystal Light.

I can't really snap back at her regarding PB, as I've just started and haven't lost more than a few pounds.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)