Page 693 of 924 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743793 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 9239

Thread: Funny CW moments

Shop Now
    The monthly 'Health Wellness' newsletter is full of gems this month:

"Recent studies on sunscreens have suggested they may contain harmful ingredients, including retinyl palmitate, nanoparticles and oxybenzone. The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and the FDA have reviewed the studies and determined the ingredients in question are not harmful."

Hmmm. Riiiiiiight.

Then this, an item on a checklist: "I fill one quarter of my plate with grains at every meal. At least half of the grains I eat daily are whole grain"

*Hits delete

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I decided to go off plan today and get a sandwich from Subway as my one meal. But I had already filled my backpack with other things that I needed from around the neighborhood. This meant that I walked into my apt complex with a bag that had a big Subway logo on it. I was actually embarrassed. LOL
    I know, it's crazy. When I lived in the states for a year, there weren't many healthy food options at all. So I ate Subway every second day for lunch, feeling virtuous that I had managed to find ONE healthy option out there.

It still feels weird to not think of subway as a good option.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Overweight lady co-worker is telling me about her struggles with her calorie restricted diet. I try to keep it to myself, but the whole "If you ate real foods, you might be able to lose weight, not be hungry, and not count calories" thing comes out. "Look at me. I eat almost exclusively single-ingredient foods. Steak, eggs, vegetables, potatoes, cheese, and a little bit of bacon. And I'm struggling to put on weight.

But she tells me she can't eat cheese because it has too much fat. And then she proceeds to ask me whether she should buy the regular salad dressing or the low fat version which has more sodium. Umm, what did I just say?

Lady at work this morning brought in a dozen Krispy Kremes - the done thing when you fly to the Eastern States as there are no KK shops in Western Australia. I overheard someone saying well ok, they'll have one, but gimme the apple and custard one so its healthier.

I tasted one Krispy Kreme once back when they were such a big deal. Gagged it was so sweet. Could never understand the big deal about them.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    I tasted one Krispy Kreme once back when they were such a big deal. Gagged it was so sweet.
    Yeah, it's amazing.

A few years ago I was in the states and the woman wanted to goto Cheesecake Factory (barf), so I took her. The triple heart attack fudge cake desert was so large, and soo sweet we couldn't even believe it was real. No human needs, nor should ever consume, something that sweet. It's just plain unnatural. This was like lab fructose instant diabetes sweet. My old boss in the states used to bring in homemade fudge that was the same way. Nobody else in the world does that.

Americans taste buds are fried.

Cheesecake Factory (barf), so I took her. The triple heart attack fudge cake desert was so large, and soo sweet we couldn't even believe it was real. No human needs, nor should ever consume, something that sweet.
    Cheesecake Factory was my last stop before becoming primal. I had a simple dinner of salmon, roasted veggies and potatoes, and then a slice of Dulce du Leche cheesecake. I didn't even eat half the cheesecake. I came home and my skin was just crawling and I felt toxic for 2 days. It felt like "whoa...I've been poisoned." And I will tell you, at the time, I could put down some sweets, so it wasn't like a new thing to have a dessert or a bunch of sugar.

I don't know what they put in their food- to this day, I make cheesecake and will eat it. Of all desserts you can make from scratch it is pretty primal and doesn't have a ton of sugar in it. I have no idea what the hell was in that food, but in a way, I'm glad I ate it, because it was the final sign that the foods I was eating was going to kill me. It felt like acid in my veins. Very disturbing.

I HIGHLY suggest if you travel to America that you do not eat at chains. There are some amazing local restaurants everywhere. I mean, if you ate at Olive Garden, Appleby's and Cheesecake Factory I can see where you might assume we all lack taste buds. But every town has some local options worth trying.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerfaced View Post
    Lady at work this morning brought in a dozen Krispy Kremes - I overheard someone saying well ok, they'll have one, but gimme the apple and custard one so its healthier.
    Now THAT is funny!
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    a slice of Dulce du Leche cheesecake. I came home and my skin was just crawling and I felt toxic for 2 days. It felt like "whoa...I've been poisoned." And I will tell you, at the time, I could put down some sweets, so it wasn't like a new thing to have a dessert or a bunch of sugar.
    Hehe I know right? I still remember we talked about that fudge cake for like an hour afterwards; about our weird sugar rush feeling and about why anyone would serve such a crazy thing? And hell, why we ate it?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I HIGHLY suggest if you travel to America that you do not eat at chains. There are some amazing local restaurants everywhere. I mean, if you ate at Olive Garden, Appleby's and Cheesecake Factory I can see where you might assume we all lack taste buds. But every town has some local options worth trying.
    This is just a good rule in general. Whenever I go on road trips with friends back to where I'm from, I have a rule that we don't eat at any chains during the trip.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.