Page 693 of 901 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743793 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 693

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I was waiting in line at Walmart. My attention was drawn to the cover photo of a magazine, where there was something wrapped in bacon, and some other things. It looked like a banana wrapped in bacon.

Actually, it was corn on the cob. But now I can't stop thinking about wrapping a banana in bacon and roasting it.

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member
    1. I made a 7 hour slow cooked beef cheek stew, with onion and red wine. The sauce was a little thin, and I said I'd probably just make some cauliflower mash to soak it up. A colleague I was telling suggested adding some instant mash powder to thicken it..

2. At work, with my enormous bowl of lamb stew with veg and stock, and the girl across from me is eating a pack of 2 minute noodles microwaved with some carrot. Everyone applauds her on her healthy choice and assumes a look of disgust at my greed.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    That number 2 is truly sad.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    So, went to a friend's house for dinner last night. All homemade: Potato salad, watermelon salad, ribs in barbecue sauce, peach cobbler and store bought ice cream. Today, my gut is killing me. The commercial ribs and store bought ice cream are tearing through me like crazy and I feel like crap because there was not one item in the meal that didn't have sugar in it in one form or another. No wonder they are all obese (friend has had gastric bypass and lost her pancreas because she got violently ill not long after and almost died). He makes almost all his own bread and their adult daughter has put on a good 40 pounds in the last year. And my friend has problems with alcohol (sugar addiction). He's lucky because even though he's in the military, he is a good 6 feet tall and carries much of his weight in his frame. Sigh. Nice to be with them, hard to see their choices.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Not a CW, but a 'caught by the CW faileo trap'

Was out shopping yesterday. One child at a birthday party. The other at home with Dad. An afternoon to wander about Bed Bath and Beyond with no one nagging, whining, running to the restroom. Bliss. Adjacent to BB&B is a smoothie place, Robeks. Why not, says I. I had done my 'move at slow pace for a long time', my house was clean, laundry done, a warm afternoon. And a smoothie is better than a sweet, correct?

I enter, contemplate the kale, carrot, beet, apple juice (Too sweet! says I) and then see the 'greek yogurt and strawberry'. Hmm. That sounds great! Offered with 'less carbs' and 'semi-sweet' taste. OK. It is tangy, and delicious, but on the sweet side. That did not stop me from sucking down a medium size.

Today the curiosity killed the cat, and I checked the website for nutrition breakdown. Good God, I just sucked down 86 grams of carbs in ONE SMOOTHIE!!! No wonder I was jittery in the afternoon!

KatieCHI is offline Member
    The monthly 'Health Wellness' newsletter is full of gems this month:

"Recent studies on sunscreens have suggested they may contain harmful ingredients, including retinyl palmitate, nanoparticles and oxybenzone. The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and the FDA have reviewed the studies and determined the ingredients in question are not harmful."

Hmmm. Riiiiiiight.

Then this, an item on a checklist: "I fill one quarter of my plate with grains at every meal. At least half of the grains I eat daily are whole grain"

*Hits delete

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I decided to go off plan today and get a sandwich from Subway as my one meal. But I had already filled my backpack with other things that I needed from around the neighborhood. This meant that I walked into my apt complex with a bag that had a big Subway logo on it. I was actually embarrassed. LOL
    I know, it's crazy. When I lived in the states for a year, there weren't many healthy food options at all. So I ate Subway every second day for lunch, feeling virtuous that I had managed to find ONE healthy option out there.

It still feels weird to not think of subway as a good option.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Overweight lady co-worker is telling me about her struggles with her calorie restricted diet. I try to keep it to myself, but the whole "If you ate real foods, you might be able to lose weight, not be hungry, and not count calories" thing comes out. "Look at me. I eat almost exclusively single-ingredient foods. Steak, eggs, vegetables, potatoes, cheese, and a little bit of bacon. And I'm struggling to put on weight.

But she tells me she can't eat cheese because it has too much fat. And then she proceeds to ask me whether she should buy the regular salad dressing or the low fat version which has more sodium. Umm, what did I just say?

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member
    Lady at work this morning brought in a dozen Krispy Kremes - the done thing when you fly to the Eastern States as there are no KK shops in Western Australia. I overheard someone saying well ok, they'll have one, but gimme the apple and custard one so its healthier.

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I tasted one Krispy Kreme once back when they were such a big deal. Gagged it was so sweet. Could never understand the big deal about them.