Page 690 of 899 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700740790 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 8990

Thread: Funny CW moments page 690

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It is.
    I believe Shakeology is also, a MLM anyway. There are supposed to be subtle differences between a pyramid scheme and multi-level marketing but I can't tell what they are.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    I believe Shakeology is also, a MLM anyway. There are supposed to be subtle differences between a pyramid scheme and multi-level marketing but I can't tell what they are.
    The difference is that one is legal and one is not. Chain letters are illegal pyramid schemes because there is no product. Businesses that sell crappy weight loss shakes are legal MLMs.
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

Paleobird Guest
    Coming back to California from Utah the other day I passed a building that struck me as funny. It was a commercial building on the outskirts of a small town that housed only two businesses. One half of the building was the local pharmacy. The other half was the local mortuary. I bet there is a lot of overlap in the client base of the two.

OK, it was more sad than funny.

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Coming back to California from Utah the other day I passed a building that struck me as funny. It was a commercial building on the outskirts of a small town that housed only two businesses. One half of the building was the local pharmacy. The other half was the local mortuary. I bet there is a lot of overlap in the client base of the two.

OK, it was more sad than funny.
    Was it sad or just SAD? hee hee.

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Me making dark chocolate coconut cream chocolate drops- these are gonna be so good!
    roommate- you should add pretzels!
    me- you want me to ruin a perfectly good bar of green and black dark chocolate with pretzels?
    roommate- well not when you put it like that...

Sol blackcat is online now Senior Member
    I was in Cairo stocking up on food prior to the June 30th rallies against the president, it was expected to get bad and it did, not as bad as it could have been.

Anyway, people were packed in the market stocking up on food prior to that date. It looked like the grocery stores in the Southern USA when a hurricane is coming. People had their carts piled high with pastas, breads and boxes, literally large boxes, of some type of potato chips (crisps).

I just stocked up on my meats, eggs and a few veggies and snuck out.
    I was in the supermarket (different one this time) and a lady was promoting coca cola. Had a little stand with all the advertising and everything. Hundreds of little plastic cups were being offered. People were drinking that stuff. Going back for more. I seen a woman encouraging her kids to go and get some. Deary me!
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    MLM I s not sales, it recruiting, hiring, and training the people under you. You -might- make some sales, but if you don't recruit, you don't make the big bucks promised.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    MLM I s not sales, it recruiting, hiring, and training the people under you. You -might- make some sales, but if you don't recruit, you don't make the big bucks promised.
    Actually, that's not true. You can make very good amounts of money by doing only sales. You just make more when you get more people to do the same... the model is much like a franchise. Vi's crap is a pyramid from what I also understand.

I have been in two MLM's (still in one) that I make good money from. At this point I am not working in sales or promotion of either and still get a residual check. Like the cable company. And the products in those companies that I have chosen to do business with are ALWAYS better than SAD stuff.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Primal-V is offline Member
    Funny moment:

Morbidly obese woman on train talking to friend and drinking soda
    "she's eating steak for breakfast, STEAK! I mean that's just not right is it?"

Sooo hard not joining in someone else's conversation.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Coworker observes me eating a spoonful of Kerrygold butter while I wait for my cauliflower and beef roast to heat up in the microwave.

Coworker: "Don't you know butter is BAD for you?"
    Me: "No, I don't know that. Butter is good for me."
    Coworker: <shakes her head in disbelief as she dumps a package of ramen noodles into a big bowl of water in preparation for microwaving>

Me: healthy weight, exercises regularly, very seldom gets sick.
    Coworker: obese, diabetic, uses a cane because she has "bad knees", can't walk 100 feet without getting winded, often out sick for a variety of illnesses.

We are the same age.