Page 687 of 869 FirstFirst ... 187587637677685686687688689697737787 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 8685

Thread: Funny CW moments page 687

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by summerbreeze View Post
    Of course, some people who argue that humans are herbivores also argue that we should be eating raw vegan diets, which often lead women to be unable to menstruate or conceive. I'm going to say that something that decrease fertility is probably not healthy.
    Isn't unintentionally removing oneself from the breeding pool one qualification for for a Darwin Award?

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Canola is indeed GMO. It's Monsanto's cash cow.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I got told that it is unhealthy that I don't eat during my 8 hour shift at work. I guess it would have been better that I had McDonalds like everyone else.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    My friend told me this the other day:

"Granola bars are just flakes of dead hippie skin."

Pure epicness.

Samphis is offline Member
    I was at a Folk Festival yesterday and ordered some barbecue without a bun. Two of the ladies at the stand decided that I was some kind of crAzy person, because they stopped what they were doing to mock me. No, not wanting a shitty white bread burger bun doesn't make me crazy or deserving of mockery.

People really get offended if you don't want bread. I just don't get it. I was more than fine with just the meat, onions and sauerkraut.

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Samphis View Post
    I was at a Folk Festival yesterday and ordered some barbecue without a bun. Two of the ladies at the stand decided that I was some kind of crAzy person, because they stopped what they were doing to mock me. No, not wanting a shitty white bread burger bun doesn't make me crazy or deserving of mockery.

People really get offended if you don't want bread. I just don't get it. I was more than fine with just the meat, onions and sauerkraut.
    I went to my favorite barbecue joint two days ago, and asked the girl at the register if they could just give me the meat from a sandwich without the bun. She didn't bat an eye, and I think they gave me extra brisket instead. Win!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    My friend told me this the other day:

"Granola bars are just flakes of dead hippie skin."

Pure epicness.
    Wow, dead hippie skin tastes weirdly good. I'm freaked out now. o_o

niles is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BZM View Post
    I went to my favorite barbecue joint two days ago, and asked the girl at the register if they could just give me the meat from a sandwich without the bun. She didn't bat an eye, and I think they gave me extra brisket instead. Win!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    At a farmers market last summer I asked the same thing. The kid who took my money gave me a weird look, but the cook told me he gave me extra meat to make up for the 'lack' of bread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Took a chemistry test today.

A whole section on oils. "sunflower oil is full of healthy, unsaturated fats." "saturated fats clog in your arteries" "does adding hydrogen to olive oil make it more healthy?"

Walking out of class, my friends were saying "Wow, I didn't know that adding hydrogen to oils made them less fattening!" my other friend said, "no, it doesn't, it makes it more saturated, which is unhealthy"

Chemistry is one of my worst subjects, and even I know this is bad science! I knew I was going to fail anyway, so I answered the question of "What is better to use: vegetable oil or butter?" (seriously, wtf is their problem with butter?) with "Butter. It's a safer fat to cook with and does not require loads of unnatural processing. Also, vegetable oils have been linked with heart disease, whereas saturated fats have not."

Failing science in the name of science
    That isn't chemistry - chemistry is real science.
    They have attempted to use a nutritional application in the oils chemistry section - for whatever reason. They know the structure of the oils (that's chemistry, not nutrition).

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, I was perusing a label, and the ingredients included this:
    "sugar, sunflower oil (canola oil, soy lecithin, natural flavor), salt..."

Seriously? your "sunflower oil" is FAKE sunflower oil? It's really SUNFLOWER FLAVORED CANOLA OIL. With soy added.