Page 684 of 894 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686694734784 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 8933

Thread: Funny CW moments page 684

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Where exactly is the healthy food item in this 100 calorie pack? Why do people think these are healthy?
    No one thinks they're healthy... at least, I never did. They're just supposed to be a treat like a chocolate bar but guaranteed to be only 100 calories. But they're still a treat.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    They're just supposed to be a treat like a chocolate bar but guaranteed to be only 100 calories. But they're still a treat.
    Yeah, I know the 100 calorie pack routine. You eat one, it doesn't satisfy you on any level, so you end up eating 2 more, then grabbing a Snickers Bar.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    I'm guilty trying weight watchers a few times. Also guilty of discovering something like 100 calorie packs were 2 points, but if you ate 2 packs, only 3 points! Bonus!!

Then I would eat a snickers bar

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Yeah, I know the 100 calorie pack routine. You eat one, it doesn't satisfy you on any level, so you end up eating 2 more, then grabbing a Snickers Bar.
    Or just eat an entire bag of micro-sized Snickers Bars.

summerbreeze is offline Junior Member
    The snacking thing drives me crazy. I've actually had people tell me that it's unsafe and unhealthy for me to not snack. They always ask "what about your blood sugar???" which is silly, because I just don't eat foods that spike my blood sugar to begin with. Strangely enough, my snack happy friends are always the ones who get incredibly grumpy and ravenous before meals, whereas I can almost always wait longer.

I used to work in a research lab that had toddlers come in for ~30 minute experiments. I found it unbelievable that almost every mom carried around ziplock baggies full of Cheerios and crackers so that their children could eat all day long. It was hard enough to get the kids to stop eating just for the length of the actual experiment. No wonder these kids won't eat anything except chicken nuggets: they're never hungry enough to actually try something new. I know these moms think they're doing the right thing, but Cheerios are one of the worst things you can feed your child. I wish I could tell them to start introducing a wide variety of vegetables, fruits, and meats to get their palette developing, but of course I only give advice when asked for it.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Took a chemistry test today.

A whole section on oils. "sunflower oil is full of healthy, unsaturated fats." "saturated fats clog in your arteries" "does adding hydrogen to olive oil make it more healthy?"

Walking out of class, my friends were saying "Wow, I didn't know that adding hydrogen to oils made them less fattening!" my other friend said, "no, it doesn't, it makes it more saturated, which is unhealthy"

Chemistry is one of my worst subjects, and even I know this is bad science! I knew I was going to fail anyway, so I answered the question of "What is better to use: vegetable oil or butter?" (seriously, wtf is their problem with butter?) with "Butter. It's a safer fat to cook with and does not require loads of unnatural processing. Also, vegetable oils have been linked with heart disease, whereas saturated fats have not."

Failing science in the name of science

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Failing science in the name of science
    Bravo! You're brave and that's a good thing.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Bravo! You're brave and that's a good thing.
    Thanks It won't change anything (apart from my grade) but I just couldn't resit :P

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Co-worker: "Going to eat a bunch of cannoli on my trip"
    Me: "Just eat some juicy steaks too, it will balance out"
    Another co-worker: "You just want to do him in, don't you?"

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Co-worker on leaner muscle gain: "So what kind of food should I eat more of?"
    Me: "Protein intake should be high. Fat intake as high as you want. Enough carbs to fuel workouts and recovery"
    Co-worker: "...Wait so I should eat a lot of fat?"
    Me: "It won't hurt. Just keep the protein high, and eat enough carbs too."
    Co-worker: "But fat will make me fat"
    Me: "Calories make people fat. Fat doesn't make people fat."
    Co-worker: "...It doesn't?!"