Page 683 of 901 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683684685693733783 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 9005

Thread: Funny CW moments page 683

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I would assume not much if one could find a cheap supply of Timothy hay.
    Can't find any Timothy hay, but Bubba has hay across the street that's pretty cheap!

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    My dog eats primally pretty much. she mostly just eats our table scraps, both meat and vegetable.

JenCRNA is offline Junior Member
    Newbie here, just wanted to share my experience today which I know will make you all groan.

Went to see a new Nurse Practitioner today for a physical and to review blood work. My labs were all very good, even though I was eating crap when they were taken. Thyroid numbers all normal, fasting blood glucose of 98. I need to lose a substantial amount of weight (about 100 lbs) so I was interested to hear their advice (without me mentioning Primal). Here was the advice I was given -

-Follow the American Diabetes Association diet (no coconut oil, butter, lots of whole wheat bs, only the leanest of meats etc)

-Eat 6-7 small meals a day to "regulate glucose and avoid wild swings"

-NEVER skip a meal

-Keep lots of "healthy" snacks around - the infamous "100 calorie packs" was brought up several times. She encouraged "grazing" throughout the day.

-She recommended 2 supplements - green coffee and "some kind of berry" that she doesn't know much about, but Dr. Oz (!!) had them on his show and endorses them as safe metabolism enhancers! I almost fell out of my chair.

She also wrote me a prescription for Metformin.....it will go unfilled.

I was trying out this practice but now see it is not for me. What a waste of time!

~ Jen

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenCRNA View Post
    -Follow the American Diabetes Association diet (no coconut oil, butter, lots of whole wheat bs, only the leanest of meats etc)

-Eat 6-7 small meals a day to "regulate glucose and avoid wild swings"

-NEVER skip a meal

-Keep lots of "healthy" snacks around - the infamous "100 calorie packs" was brought up several times. She encouraged "grazing" throughout the day.

-She recommended 2 supplements - green coffee and "some kind of berry" that she doesn't know much about, but Dr. Oz (!!) had them on his show and endorses them as safe metabolism enhancers!
    I don't know - you might want to stick with her.

And just do the exact opposite of what she says.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Yup, but most people could not afford to feed that to dog(s). Heck yeah, good meat is cheaper than junk food, but hands down, a vegetarian diet be it for people or dogs is the cheapest option.
    Oops sorry, don't know how I missed the doggy theme to this conversation.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    thats only one of many themes.. they change all the time
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), WHOLE WHEAT, SOYBEAN AND/OR PALM OIL, SUGAR, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, SALT, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, MALTED BARLEY SYRUP, LEAVENING (CALCIUM PHOSPHATE AND/OR BAKING SODA AND/OR YEAST), CHEDDAR CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES, ANNATTO EXTRACT COLOR), DEXTROSE, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, COLOR ADDED, SPICES (CONTAINS: CELERY, PAPRIKA), DRIED GARLIC, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE (FLAVOR ENHANCER), SOY LECITHIN, DRIED SOY SAUCE (SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), SODIUM CASEINATE, LACTIC ACID, TAMARINDS, ACETIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVOR. CONTAINS: WHEAT, MILK, SOY.

Where exactly is the healthy food item in this 100 calorie pack? Why do people think these are healthy?

UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, SOYBEAN OIL, FUDGE COATING (SUGAR, PALM KERNEL AND/OR PALM OIL, COCOA {PROCESSED WITH ALKALI}, SKIM MILK, WHEY, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLA), SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS (SUGAR, CHOCOLATE, COCOA BUTTER, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLA), COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL, FRUCTOSE, BAKING SODA, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, DEXTROSE, VANILLIN--AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR. CONTAINS: WHEAT, MILK, SOY.

Are these healthier?

Seriously. No wonder people are fat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Where exactly is the healthy food item in this 100 calorie pack? Why do people think these are healthy?
    Because some people are fat partially because of what I call the package syndrome - I open the package, I eat the package or simply The serving size is the package. This is obviously not the case as a bag of chips could be 6 or 10 servings, but if the bag is open, well, you can't stop at just one right? So you eat the whole bag. With a 100 calorie pack you eat the whole pack - it is 100 calories. It is not 1600 calories. Of course, you can only fool yourself for so long and chances are you will eat a ton later but in that moment you are making a 'healthier' choice.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Dried Garlic.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JenCRNA View Post
    ...Went to see a new Nurse Practitioner today for a physical and to review blood work...

She recommended 2 supplements...She also wrote me a prescription for Metformin...

I was trying out this practice but now see it is not for me. What a waste of time!
    I have a problem with the writing of the prescription for Metforming with your fasting blood glucose number in the normal range.

I'd make a big deal about that one.

Also, you should track your diet and go back to them when you've reached your weight loss goal. Have a meeting with them to teach 'em a thing or two.

The more you learn about the conventional healthcare system the scarier and more broken it seems to be. Also, good luck with your journey! You're going to do great.