Page 682 of 895 FirstFirst ... 182582632672680681682683684692732782 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 8948

Thread: Funny CW moments page 682

  1. #6811
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Because you don't want to support the meat industry and don't have the money/resources to feed humane options. The cheapest beef I can find locally that I know is humanely raised and processed is $6 a lb and not in a consistent supply.
    I get mine a lot cheaper than that by buying in large quantities (1/4 cow) but I know that's not an option for everyone.

  2. #6812
    Annieh's Avatar
    Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,485
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Because you don't want to support the meat industry and don't have the money/resources to feed humane options. The cheapest beef I can find locally that I know is humanely raised and processed is $6 a lb and not in a consistent supply.
    Well that's still only $12 a kilo which should either feed you for several days, or feed a whole family. You couldn't buy takeaways for that. Or maybe you could, but I wouldnt' be able to.

  3. #6813
    magnolia1973's Avatar
    magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,041
    Well that's still only $12 a kilo which should either feed you for several days, or feed a whole family. You couldn't buy takeaways for that. Or maybe you could, but I wouldnt' be able to.
    Yup, but most people could not afford to feed that to dog(s). Heck yeah, good meat is cheaper than junk food, but hands down, a vegetarian diet be it for people or dogs is the cheapest option.

    http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

  4. #6814
    Jorjor's Avatar
    Jorjor is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Yup, but most people could not afford to feed that to dog(s). Heck yeah, good meat is cheaper than junk food, but hands down, a vegetarian diet be it for people or dogs is the cheapest option.
    Then perhaps they should've gotten a rabbit...
    Last edited by Jorjor; 06-24-2013 at 01:33 PM.

  5. #6815
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorjor View Post
    Then perhaps they should've gotten a rabbit...
    Which later on they could eat and thus further not support the meat industry...sounds like win-win.

  6. #6816
    quelsen's Avatar
    quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lexington Kentucky
    Posts
    2,972
    but how much would one spend on raising rabbits for food stuffs
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

    CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

  7. #6817
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    but how much would one spend on raising rabbits for food stuffs
    I would assume not much if one could find a cheap supply of Timothy hay.

  8. #6818
    Jorjor's Avatar
    Jorjor is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Which later on they could eat and thus further not support the meat industry...sounds like win-win.
    Not exactly what I had in mind, LMAO!

  9. #6819
    ilovesteak's Avatar
    ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    but how much would one spend on raising rabbits for food stuffs
    Knowing how fast rabbits multiply, you'd probably have a few weeks of meat supply before you got home from the pet store with the first bag of bunny chow.

  10. #6820
    OutdoorAmy's Avatar
    OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    284
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    Knowing how fast rabbits multiply, you'd probably have a few weeks of meat supply before you got home from the pet store with the first bag of bunny chow.

    Not far from the truth there - it's their ability to breed quickly without being to demanding in terms of diet that has made them very popular meat sources for urban homesteaders. In WWII, British homes were encouraged to raise meat rabbits because of rationing.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"



    Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •