Page 681 of 873 FirstFirst ... 181581631671679680681682683691731781 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,810 of 8725

Thread: Funny CW moments page 681

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I see where you are coming from. However, as a science geek, the soda thing is kinda cool.
    Is ok, it works with beer too! Oh, and water
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Dogs can be vegetarian or vegan, but cats can not.

I had a dog with severe skin issues and it turned out to be an allergy to chicken. He did fine on Duck and Potato food and eventually Lamb and Rice, but a vegetarian diet was thrown out as an option.
    I saw a story on Living Green (which I recently stopped following because it was only vegan supporting) about feeding dogs a vegan diet and I went off on the author. I said that for someone who was so concerned about the CAFO cows going into pet food the author clearly didn't give two flying flips about the health and well being of her dog! Yes, it is true that dogs are more able to digest carbohydrates than their ancestor wolves - that is one of the thing ONLY things that has changed about them from domestication that isn't aesthetic. Their digestion is still that of a wolf in every other way. So while they can tolerate some leafy greens and sweet potatoes - they were domesticated long before farming, so they aren't meant to eat legumes or grains as sources of carbs any more than humans are - and certainly not meant to eat VEGAN diets. As inhumane as it is to force feed cows corn, etc. in CAFOs and all the resultant health problems for that industrial system - it is equally inhumane to force dogs to eat vegan diets! Twice as inhumane to do so for cats who don't even have the ability to digest carbs that domesticated dogs have acquired.

Just makes you want to punch those hippies in the throat.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
    quoted for truth
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    If you ONLY knew how close I've come on numerous occasions to do just that. But it's not worth it, it takes weeks to scrub the smell off your knuckles (so I've heard).

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTII View Post
    My girlfriend and I were deciding on what to feed our puppy and we saw vegan dog food. I thought the same thing...that's animal abuse.
    oh but think of all the animals that didn't have to die to feed your, uh, carnivore....
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    The diet was suggested by my vet. Actually, a friend of mine fed her dog a home made vegetarian diet for years. That dog went from skinny/hair falling out to a beautiful dog with a thick coat and she lived to 14, pretty good for a dog her size. I'm not saying dogs should be vegetarian, but it just may be better than feeding them Alpo. I'd say the dog thrived on the diet (now she did eat eggs, not vegan). If it was abuse, that dog sure thrived.

I know we all love meat here, but having toured a hog confinement operation and seeing chicken houses, I can't really fault the "hippies" for trying to eliminate their contact with that industry. I actually feel kind of weird feeding my dog dog food, knowing what I take lengths to avoid.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    The diet was suggested by my vet. Actually, a friend of mine fed her dog a home made vegetarian diet for years. That dog went from skinny/hair falling out to a beautiful dog with a thick coat and she lived to 14, pretty good for a dog her size. I'm not saying dogs should be vegetarian, but it just may be better than feeding them Alpo. I'd say the dog thrived on the diet (now she did eat eggs, not vegan). If it was abuse, that dog sure thrived.

I know we all love meat here, but having toured a hog confinement operation and seeing chicken houses, I can't really fault the "hippies" for trying to eliminate their contact with that industry. I actually feel kind of weird feeding my dog dog food, knowing what I take lengths to avoid.
    It's the illogical lengths that vegans take it to that I have a problem with - I completely share their concerns about CAFO meats - and that's why I avoid it, while still eating ecologically and biologically appropriate diet for me as an omnivore. (And my dog eats a lot of what I eat, so for the most part she does too).
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Paleobird Guest
    A dog going from Alpo to a vegetarian home made diet is like a person going from the SAD to a whole foods vegetarian diet. They are going to be miles better off. But it is not because of getting rid of the meat. It is getting rid of the junk.

Why not ditch the junk but keep the meat?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    It's the illogical lengths that vegans take it to that I have a problem with
    that's my problem with it as well, vegan cats and babies starving to death on soy milk
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Why not ditch the junk but keep the meat?
    Because you don't want to support the meat industry and don't have the money/resources to feed humane options. The cheapest beef I can find locally that I know is humanely raised and processed is $6 a lb and not in a consistent supply.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!