Page 680 of 881 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 680

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I decline a donut every Friday, because every Friday the PHB brings in donuts. Each Friday, I say I don't eat wheat and don't trust their oil not to be a known allergen. This Friday, he bumbles into my office with a triumphant grin on his face: "It's peanut oil! You can have a donut!"
    "I still can't eat wheat, but thank you for checking."
    "It's flour, not wheat."
    *facepalm*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primbel is offline Junior Member
    Hi! First time posting in this thread (but it's my favorite one to read!!)

I had a discussion with a friend about healthy eating for the first time. It went kinda like this:

Me: I know it's popular belief that eating loads of meat isn't healthy, but when you think about it, it has tons of nutrients and I've never heard of anyone being allergic to meat either. So especially when coming from pastured cattle it's seems like a safe nutrient-dense source of food.... (etc. etc. I might have added sth about WAPF and his studies, organ meats...)

Her: But... no! (shaking her head in confusion) I really think eating loads of meat is not healthy.. really not!
    Me: Why?
    Her: It can't be healthy
    Me: ...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Dogs can be vegetarian or vegan, but cats can not.

I had a dog with severe skin issues and it turned out to be an allergy to chicken. He did fine on Duck and Potato food and eventually Lamb and Rice, but a vegetarian diet was thrown out as an option.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

summerbreeze is offline Junior Member
    I was at a restaurant recently that advertised "Eggs from 100% vegetarian chickens!" Why advertise the fact that these eggs are from chickens that are raised in factories and prevented from eating the grubs found in their natural diet?

Stratford_Man is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I was buying dogfood today. The Wolf Cub gets the really pricey grain free stuff from a little boutique pet store cuz he's worth it. Anyway, to my shock and horror, they were also selling this stuff

Natural Balance Vegetarian Formula Ultra Premium Dog Food at PETCO

Natural Balance Vegetarian Dog Food. What is wrong with some people's minds? If you want to wreck your own health by being veg, that is your choice but when you force an animal to eat an unnatural diet for its species, that is abusive, IMO.

The owner said he totally agreed with me but that the vegetarian clients are willing to pay big bucks for that stuff.

SMH.
    Our dogs are on a raw diet. Up until recently, they still had some grains in the form of treats, but we've since replaced those with dehydrated liver.

Huge smelly BM's and room clearing farts are a thing of the past.

The diet we feed them now is purchased at the market, along with our own food. They get regular ground beef, beef bones, pork bones, chicken carcasses, romaine lettuce, pure pumpkin, eggs (with the shells!) and fish oil.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Dogs and cats can have grain intolerances, too.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primbel View Post
    Me: I know it's popular belief that eating loads of meat isn't healthy, but when you think about it, it has tons of nutrients and I've never heard of anyone being allergic to meat either.
    Interesting news story I heard this past week - apparently a certain tick's bite has been linked to actually make you allergic to meat.

Meat Allergy in Kids Tied to Tick Bites - ABC News

They had reactions anywhere from a rash to anaphylactic shock a few hours after eating meat. They're still looking for the direct link between the two things. According to the story:

Most of the kids in the study developed a rash at the site of the tick bite before reacting to red meat, and all but six of them also tested positive for alpha-gal antibodies -- blood proteins that react to a sugar found in meat. But Commins said it's tough to make a definitive link between the tick and the allergy.

"We're still searching for the mechanism," he said, describing plans to test the theory in mice that were genetically altered to lack alpha-gal. "It's hard to prove."
    The reaction does lessen and then disappear after several months. Just an interesting story, though.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Dogs can be vegetarian or vegan, but cats can not.
    I had a dog with severe skin issues and it turned out to be an allergy to chicken. He did fine on Duck and Potato food and eventually Lamb and Rice, but a vegetarian diet was thrown out as an option.
    True. Cats are "obligate carnivores" while dogs are not but they are still primarily carnivores. They can scrounge a living on other stuff (kinda like us) but it's not natural for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratford_Man View Post
    Huge smelly BM's and room clearing farts are a thing of the past.
    Yep. I noticed the same thing with my dog

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Dogs and cats can have grain intolerances, too.
    I'm sure they can. And, given that they don't know how to explain to their dense humans what is wrong, this could do a lot of damage before people figure out that denying biology is not a good idea.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Interesting news story I heard this past week - apparently a certain tick's bite has been linked to actually make you allergic to meat.
    it made me laugh so bad when i read it here America panics as tick causes vegetarianism to sweep nation |
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Boresville is offline Junior Member
    I transitioned my cat to a raw meat and bone diet a couple of weeks after adopting him. When I first brought him home he was a gassy, stinky little bastard; ever since starting the raw diet, as mentioned a couple of times already, that's all been a thing of the past. I do use a wheat-based cat litter, though, which only seems fitting.