Page 68 of 881 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168568 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 68

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by angorarabbit View Post
    regarding a trip to france next summer and my past pastry obsession...

Dh: You know honey, since you've given up bread what are you going to do when we go to france? You won't be able to any croissants!

Me: Are you kidding? If i make it to france i'm eating my way through every patisserie i can find. I'll be horribly miserable and bloated and gassy and pimply and probably drunk but you'll just have to deal with me.

Dh: You'll be drunk?

Me: Well since i can only bring one bottle of wine back with me, i'll just have to drink all the wine when i'm there!

Dh: So i'll be touring france with my fat, drunk and flatulent wife.

Me: Exactly!

Dh: Now there's the wife i married!

10 minutes later...

Me: Are you calling me a fat drunk?
    i lol'd!!!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    Not when it's -20 to - 40 for 6 months..
    I BBQ year round in those conditions. Parka and mitts on, touque & hood snugged. Most of the time I can still get the steaks to the proper doneness while figuring in the effects of the temperatures on cooking time. Only time it doesn't work so well is when it's too windy.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I BBQ year round in those conditions. Parka and mitts on, touque & hood snugged. Most of the time I can still get the steaks to the proper doneness while figuring in the effects of the temperatures on cooking time. Only time it doesn't work so well is when it's too windy.
    In Awe... I hibernate in those weathers..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    My diagnosis: she's practicing Munchausen by proxy.
    Nope, regular Munchausen. Munchausen by proxy is hurting someone else for pity (the "proxy"), and, as she is harming herself, it is regular Munchausen.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Same goes for white stuff on the ground.
    My fault, sorry.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Nope, regular Munchausen. Munchausen by proxy is hurting someone else for pity (the "proxy"), and, as she is harming herself, it is regular Munchausen.
    Ah, see, my sexist assumption was that she was shopping for her family. But it hurts her too, true enough.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My fault, sorry.
    *PFFFTTT* Classic! Get a towel...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    My fault, sorry.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I saw a woman contemplating the bucket of Lard in the grocery. She didnt want to buy a big bucket because her recipe only called for 3T of lard. I said to just use bacon grease. Filter it if the bacon taste would interfere in the recipe. She looked at me like I was nuts, said "but bacon grease is soooooooo unhealthy" <WTF? EVEN if you think that ...how is lard different?> "...I'll just use Crisco".
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    Yesterday I saw a woman contemplating the bucket of Lard in the grocery. She didnt want to buy a big bucket because her recipe only called for 3T of lard. I said to just use bacon grease. Filter it if the bacon taste would interfere in the recipe. She looked at me like I was nuts, said "but bacon grease is soooooooo unhealthy" <WTF? EVEN if you think that ...how is lard different?> "...I'll just use Crisco".
    LOL. Yowza. You know when I was young (way back when) I used to mock the bucket of lard at the asian market. Now I'm slapping myself! I was watching Fathead (again) yesterday at work (listening) and it just irritates me that they used to use lard for french fries and Coconut Oil for movie popcorn and because dumb people did dumb stuff, now everybody uses crap. We are a crazy country.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid