Page 679 of 880 FirstFirst ... 179579629669677678679680681689729779 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 679

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My mother used to live on a farm, and I used to drive out to buy eggs from a fairly large local producer that sold most of their non-standard-sized eggs out of their store.

My understanding is that new layers lay smaller eggs (peewee or pullet sized), while the longer they have been laying, the larger the eggs become, until they are jumbo or super-jumbo. Double yolk eggs are most common in the spring, and most double yolk eggs are jumbo or super jumbo. Most eggs sold in the store are now large or extra-large. If you buy your eggs in a supermarket, you probably never see the larger sizes that would have double yolks.

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Had a customer come out and offer me home made cookies. I politely declined, saying I was allergic to wheat. He denied that there was wheat in the cookies and started listing off the ingredients, starting with flour.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    Had a customer come out and offer me home made cookies. I politely declined, saying I was allergic to wheat. He denied that there was wheat in the cookies and started listing off the ingredients, starting with flour.
    constantly amazes me.. when people ask what I do not eat I after I say grains, I have to clarify that means bread etc. Always a shock..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    ...He denied that there was wheat in the cookies and started listing off the ingredients, starting with flour.
    That's similar to my story. It's amazing how people don't make that connection. What do people think makes flour? Or do they consider it to be its own magical substance?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    That's similar to my story. It's amazing how people don't make that connection. What do people think makes flour? Or do they consider it to be its own magical substance?
    Yep. The confusion is because there is "100% whole wheat" bread, "whole wheat" bread (where whole wheat need only be the first grain listed in the ingredients list), "white" bread (made from refined wheat flour), and "wheat" bread (made from refined wheat flour with coloring added to make it look like whole grain). "Wheat bread" exists to scam people who want to buy whole wheat bread into thinking that the brown colored white bread they are buying is different from white bread without coloring added.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    I want chickens! How many chickens would you need for say 5 dozen eggs a week?
    We have 30 free roaming/pastured chickens. The older they get the less often they lay an egg. Right now we get about 16 to 24 eggs per day.
    Our Red Star girls are little machines and lay the most. The buff orpingtons and the brahmas lay huge, extra large eggs. The only time we get 'double olkers' (that's what my youngest called them), is when they first start to lay eggs.

Paleobird Guest
    I was buying dogfood today. The Wolf Cub gets the really pricey grain free stuff from a little boutique pet store cuz he's worth it. Anyway, to my shock and horror, they were also selling this stuff

Natural Balance Vegetarian Formula Ultra Premium Dog Food at PETCO

Natural Balance Vegetarian Dog Food. What is wrong with some people's minds? If you want to wreck your own health by being veg, that is your choice but when you force an animal to eat an unnatural diet for its species, that is abusive, IMO.

The owner said he totally agreed with me but that the vegetarian clients are willing to pay big bucks for that stuff.

SMH.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    My girlfriend and I were deciding on what to feed our puppy and we saw vegan dog food. I thought the same thing...that's animal abuse.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I was buying dogfood today. The Wolf Cub gets the really pricey grain free stuff from a little boutique pet store cuz he's worth it. Anyway, to my shock and horror, they were also selling this stuff

Natural Balance Vegetarian Formula Ultra Premium Dog Food at PETCO

Natural Balance Vegetarian Dog Food. What is wrong with some people's minds? If you want to wreck your own health by being veg, that is your choice but when you force an animal to eat an unnatural diet for its species, that is abusive, IMO.

The owner said he totally agreed with me but that the vegetarian clients are willing to pay big bucks for that stuff.

SMH.
    my dogs pushing at each other to get the first chicken wing must be anomalous

i mean, has anyone ever really seen canines eat meat in the wild?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    my dogs pushing at each other to get the first chicken wing must be anomalous

i mean, has anyone ever really seen canines eat meat in the wild?
    Well, we all know that vegetarianism is a more highly evolved state of humanity. Don't you want your doggies to be highly evolved too?