Page 671 of 883 FirstFirst ... 171571621661669670671672673681721771 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,710 of 8823

Thread: Funny CW moments page 671

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Got a flyer in the mailbox from a restaurant that declared in large letters "We only cook in vegetable oil!"

Yup, one place I'll never go ever.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    I called a couple of Mexican restaurants in town because I had heard they sometimes cook with lard. I was assured me they only use vegetable oil.

I decided not to go!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    The commercial for life alert was interesting.. this elderly woman was saying that she would give up bread, beer and wine if she had to so she could keep her life alert system. ummm....
    Bahahahaaa!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    Sushi is really unhealthy....dipped in soy sauce.

Speaking of soy sauce, this lady was arguing with me about how soy is healthy for you, and that when she was living in Japan, she ate out every day, and ate tons of soy. I guess the Japanese can apparently eat tons of soy and remain healthy (I asked her how many Japanese people realistically eat out every. damn. day. ) This lady was clearly overweight, It was *so* hard to refrain from asking her to please look in the mirror before she tells me eating soy is good for me. Ugh.
    Japanese people produce lots of equol, so they handle it vastly different than someone of a different non-Asian descent. It may even be beneficial to someone who produce lots of this enzyme. Maybe.

Equol: History, Chemistry, and Formation
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Sushi is really unhealthy....dipped in soy sauce.
    I bring my own gluten-free soy sauce. Only a tiny percentage of soy sauce is soy. It is mostly water, wheat, and salt.

Speaking of soy sauce, this lady was arguing with me about how soy is healthy for you, and that when she was living in Japan, she ate out every day, and ate tons of soy. I guess the Japanese can apparently eat tons of soy and remain healthy (I asked her how many Japanese people realistically eat out every. damn. day. ) This lady was clearly overweight, It was *so* hard to refrain from asking her to please look in the mirror before she tells me eating soy is good for me. Ugh.
    Traditional Asian people eat soy products in moderation. They don't eat them 3 meals a day while also drinking down a gallon of soy milk.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    The gluten free soy sauce blows my mind, because I never suspected they would put wheat in soy sauce. I'm allergic to both, so it doesn't really matter. But when I see stuff like "gluten free soy sauce" or "gluten free chocolate," I really start to wonder...

Sushi tastes better *not* dipped in salty soy sauce, IMO.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Paleobird Guest
    I've been using coconut aminos lately for my sashimi. Tastes like soy sauce but less intensely salty. Good stuff.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    I use coconut sugar in my sushi rice. I should try some coconut aminos next time I make it. I don't use soy sauce but my girlfriend does, and I try to adapt to what she likes as well as I can.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Sushi tastes better *not* dipped in salty soy sauce, IMO.
    Traditionally sushi is made with seasoned rice. The fish side only of the sushi is dipped in the sauce.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I called a couple of Mexican restaurants in town because I had heard they sometimes cook with lard. I was assured me they only use vegetable oil.

I decided not to go!
    We have one out here that has a sign in their drive-thru window saying they cook with lard. Thrilled the heck out of me, but I think some people saw it as a warning. Go figure.

Sometimes you can do a quick drive through the alley behind a restaurant and see what oil they use. HUGE cartons with giant bottle of soybean oil most of the time, and they use so much of it that there tends to be a lot of boxes. Can you tell my work has be hanging out in alleys a lot?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    I worked at pizza hut for awhile as a 2nd job. Part of the job was prepping the froze for the next day. Generous squirts of vegetable oil of some kind or another into the pan, followed by the frozen dough. It was kinda swimming in there. I don't know if the dough absorbed some of the oil as it thawed, but wouldn't be surprised.