Page 669 of 888 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679719769 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 8873

Thread: Funny CW moments page 669

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    ...If you're hungry and you have only 3 points left for the day, good luck... It felt like a mind game.
    I had to look up info on WW and saw their zero-point options. Assuming that 2 portions would be equal to 1-point, you could have had a decent meal if you used all three points.

However, if a person is using their WW points on grains and other poor choices to begin with instead of nutrient dense foods that satiate hunger, cravings return and we all know how great our choices are when that happens.

With PB/Paleo, education is part of our new way of eating. We learn why certain foods are detrimental to us, then we make our decisions. We learn the why's, while CW seems to stick to, Why learn?

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Weight Watchers will be problematic as long as it fails to discern between chemical foods and real foods.
    I can see the points, if only assigned to whole foods, being kind of helpful for people trying to get their arms around what to eat.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    My mom buys the Weight Watchers icecream bar things. The sheer number of ingredients in those things is disturbing enough. Do you know they put soybean oil in them? WTF? What ever happened to ice cream being iced cream with some sweetener in it? Why the need for 23409823423 ingredients? On that note, Breyer's Natural Vanilla ice cream has only 4 ingredients. She was so kind as to buy me a tub of that to accomodate my soy allergy.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Weight Watchers will be problematic as long as it fails to discern between chemical foods and real foods.
    I can see the points, if only assigned to whole foods, being kind of helpful for people trying to get their arms around what to eat.
    WW is profit-driven. Their entire system is set up to drive people to buy their products; by implementing an inscrutable and confusing point system, they can drive people to the easy option of just buying their prepackaged foods to make point calculation easy. And that is probably why people go on and off WW constantly; trying to decipher the point values of meals for the rest of your life is an extreme pain in the rear, and does not really create actually healthy long-term food habits. Paleo is much more amenable to a life-long diet change: get over sugar addiction, then listen to your body, and don't count "points" ffs.

Next New gimmicky diet: 'The 100' Diet Claims Weight Loss by Restricting Calories From Sugar | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

It allows only 100 calories of sugar/carbs a day, which is actually pretty restrictive, so yes it will work if people stick with it. But it is good that is it low-carb at least.

And hey, if anyone needs a new source of income, I'm sure with a bit of creativity you can repackage paleo into the next new diet fad, all you need is a trendy gimmick and a book deal...

You could also lose weight on an all-McDonalds diet, pretty easily since they post the calorie counts in all their restaurants now. Not saying it would be very healthy but it can be done. There you go, something everyone can get behind: The McDonalds diet !
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    In all fairness, my mom DID lose 27 pounds on Weight Watchers. Nasty soybean oil icecream aside, she makes some pretty healthy choices and homecooks almost all of her meals.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Friend: "Do you run a ton to stay that lean?"
    Me: "Not too much; usually around 600 meters a week or so."
    Friend: "What? That's, like, not any running at all!"
    Me: "Well, I'm running really FAST."

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    My neighbor's weightloss efforts "I ate two bags of popcorn and two honey buns. Skipped the third honeybun". I'm trying to get my mind around her other thoughts "sausage biscuit from McDonald's is a good breakfast".

I'm trying to at least get her to stop the damn fast food. Her kid is getting chubby and wants to lose weight. Not going to happen if she keeps eating fast food.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Friend: "Do you walk a ton to stay that lean?"
    Me: "Not too much; usually around 300 meters or so per week."
    Friend: "What? That's not any walking at all!"
    Me: "Well, I walk it on a slackline."
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

kot
    kot is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Downloadable printable pamphlet .pdf.
    Let me google that for you

primalfoodie is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've tried to do WW a couple of times on different point systems. No dice. I was hungry ALL the time, even when I used my points only for meat and vegetables. All I could think about was food and when I got to eat again. It was torture and I ended up pigging out on refined carbs whenever it became too much. My sister-in-law wanted me to join WW with her in 2010, but the monthly fee was so high, we wouldn't have been able to buy actual food! So, I guess it would have worked in a way. She lost about 100lbs over the course of a year, but never exercised and became flabby skinnier. That's like skinny fat, but when you don't actually get down to skinny. She looked much better, but turned it into a huge competition, telling me "I've almost caught you!" and "I beat you! Now I weigh less than you!". Yes, yes you do. Congrats. I hope your goals in life are higher than beating me in everything. Anyway, I digress. WW changes their point system almost every year and you can't attend meetings or follow the plan without switching over. If you're a lifetime member, you can switch over for a discount, but it's always money-money-money. Their ready made meals are disgusting, btw.