Page 668 of 871 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678718768 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 668

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Yes, that's true. I actually think Weight Watchers is getting better... they're trying to nudge people away from things like bread by upping the point count for htem.
    Well that is good news actually, because my mom still thinks she has to sign up to WW before she can lose weight; as in, she has to pay for and be involved with their system to be accountable and make an effort to lose weight, and doesn't have the motivation or discipline to lose it on her own otherwise. But it doesn't have to be that difficult, nor is there any need for her to waste money on WW; I can tell you right now, if she just stopped bringing home bakery sweets and didn't take more than 1 serving at dinner time, she would lose weight just fine. But she has had a big sweet tooth all her life, and usually always has some candy/cookies/etc on hand or somewhere in the house - even if she hides it from my dad, it's still around continually. However, Dad lost all his extra weight awhile ago and is very healthy now, while mom is still overweight. They eat "healthy" in the CW way - low salt and low fat, but last time I visited I was for the first time coming into direct conflict with my mom over saturated fat. Thankfully, even if mom freaks out, Dad will still give what I make a try on the sly... but after learning about paleo, her carb addiction and fat phobia are really aggravating to me, and fighting 20+ years of CW advice (fat = bad, carbs = fine) is no easy task.
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Tonight, as I was eating a muffin, my brother noticed and said, "I thought y'all weren't supposed to have bread," referring to our parents and me.

I told him it was made with almond flour and incorrectly said that it wasn't bread. As he was walking away I changed my answer and said, "Well, technically it is bread...just not made with wheat."

He asked, "Is it because wheat has more fat in it?"

Yeah. Let that CW moment sink in nice and slowly. Mmm, doesn't that feel nice?

I replied, "It's not about the fat. Wheat has a protein in it that causes a lot of problems." He then asked about flour. My mom and I said it was made from wheat.

At this point I could see the wheels turning as he processed the information and had a suspicion of where he was heading next.

"For some reason I thought corn was used." At the same time he and I said, "No, that's corn meal."

"What about white bread?"

"That's made from wheat too."

"So why do they have white bread and wheat bread?"

Before my answer he was walking away to continue getting ready to go out for the night.

"The white bread is bleached."

He turned to look at me as my mom added, "It's just processed even more."

The look on his face was comparable to, "The fuh?!"

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ^^^ HAHA!! LOVE it.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Downloadable printable pamphlet .pdf.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Actually sad that my 80yo relative a) believes red meat is bad for you, but b) only eats it once a week, and c) thinks that having a mcdonalds burger amounts to eating beef.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Actually sad that my 80yo relative a) believes red meat is bad for you, but b) only eats it once a week, and c) thinks that having a mcdonalds burger amounts to eating beef.
    Where's the beef?

Hey, that burger saw a cow once!
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

VADogWalker is offline Member
    My neighbor is on Weight Watchers, and I overheard her giving another neighbor a recipe for "healthy ice cream sandwiches".

Two graham crackers
    Cool whip mixed with frozen strawberries
    Layer like a sandwich, and HEY IT'S HEALTHY!!!

My tongue nearly bled from biting it so hard since I was eavesdropping anyway .

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VADogWalker View Post
    My neighbor is on Weight Watchers, and I overheard her giving another neighbor a recipe for "healthy ice cream sandwiches".

Two graham crackers
    Cool whip mixed with frozen strawberries
    Layer like a sandwich, and HEY IT'S HEALTHY!!!

My tongue nearly bled from biting it so hard since I was eavesdropping anyway .
    And, even worse, I guarantee they meant using "Cool Whip LITE"
    Ughhhhhh.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The points formula is complex so as to make it much more convenient simply to eat processed foods.
    This. I tried it for a couple weeks. I couldn't figure out how to calculate points on anything homemade. It was much easier to buy the WW brand food or meals from national chain restaurants. Also, it made me think about food and points all the time. If you're hungry and you have only 3 points left for the day, good luck... It felt like a mind game.