Page 667 of 872 FirstFirst ... 167567617657665666667668669677717767 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 8718

Thread: Funny CW moments page 667

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It is true, non-starchy vegetables and fruits are 0 points. You are allowed to have as many as you want. Some people found out really fast that some fruit like bananas are not so free.
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Yeah, Weight Watchers sucks. I overheard several middle-aged women in the locker room at my gym discussing it the other day. They all had weight problems, and I just felt so bad for them! They were all complaining about how a bagel is 3 points now instead of 1, and how they had to change their entire meal plan for the week just so they could eat a bagel without going over their points. I don't really know what the caloric equivalent of a weight watchers point is, but I'm guessing that if they replaced their bagels with a starchy vegetable or a satiating whole food, they'd be a lot better off! I wanted to tell them that it didn't have to be that way, and that Weight Watchers is such a big company because it's geared toward making money, not making people healthy.

Also, I heard that WW doesn't count raw vegetables as anything? So, you could eat like 5lbs of raw carrots without counting them toward anything.... that doesn't make sense! Is that true? *smh*

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    Fruit has one of them there 'health halos' around it. Sure it has fiber and nutrients and all that jazz, but natural sugar is still sugar.

This reminds me of an experience I had at college a couple of weeks ago. I was explaining some stuff about my lifestyle when I didn't go to town on an open candy bowl, and my workout routine (including intermittent fasting) came up.
    Paraphrasing, this one girl said 'you need to eat something to keep your metabolism up. Just have some fruit or something if you don't want carbs".
    Wat.
    I just continually smiled and nodded and said "hey, it's working out for me".

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Yeah, Weight Watchers sucks. I overheard several middle-aged women in the locker room at my gym discussing it the other day. They all had weight problems, and I just felt so bad for them! They were all complaining about how a bagel is 3 points now instead of 1, and how they had to change their entire meal plan for the week just so they could eat a bagel without going over their points. I don't really know what the caloric equivalent of a weight watchers point is, but I'm guessing that if they replaced their bagels with a starchy vegetable or a satiating whole food, they'd be a lot better off! I wanted to tell them that it didn't have to be that way, and that Weight Watchers is such a big company because it's geared toward making money, not making people healthy.

Also, I heard that WW doesn't count raw vegetables as anything? So, you could eat like 5lbs of raw carrots without counting them toward anything.... that doesn't make sense! Is that true? *smh*
    Yes, that's true. I actually think Weight Watchers is getting better... they're trying to nudge people away from things like bread by upping the point count for htem. And yes, veggies have no points at all. They're trying to encourage the people following WW to eat them. It works, even before we went primal my mother always had a salad with some meat for lunch...

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    I know that if I eat too much fruit, I will stay and not lose any weight. How can you not count all that sugar?
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well, when I did WW back in the day (10+ years ago) I can honestly say that not a single person in that 40 person group was there because they ate too much fruit. Not a single person was failing to meet their goals because, "Well, I just ate too many carrots and apples this week!" So yes, while it may not be ideal if it gets someone to eat a banana instead of a snickers bar it is probably a net win. The problem I noticed was that people were not keeping track of points correctly - "Oh, I had a bite of my son's donut but just a bite so I didn't count it. Oh, and I finished Susie's ice cream cone. You know so as not to waste it, but it was only a little bit so I didn't count that. Yeah, and I had a couple of hershey kisses at work, but I walked to the copy machine so that doesn't count..." Yeah, so lets not count the 10 points you grazed on during the day.

It didn't work for me (after losing 40 pounds) because there was just not enough food. I felt as if I were starving all day due to the lack of amount of food and the lack of fat.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The points formula is complex so as to make it much more convenient simply to eat processed foods.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I felt as if I were starving all day due to the fact that I was starving all day
    Fixed it for ya.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    There are so many reasons why I cyber crush on you. Like that right there^^^.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

VADogWalker is offline Member
    I'm an ex-WW devotee, and I used to SING their praises. After baby #1 I did WW and lost the weight and then some. However I was ALWAYS.FRIGGIN.STARVING. Always. I'd get to my point limit at like 5:30 pm and think to myself, "there is NO WAY I can go until the morning without something significant to eat". It was awful, I kept thinking if it was working it must be the right thing to do and my appetite would eventually adjust.

While I don't think anyone should eat fruit willy-nilly, I do appreciate that fruits and vegetables are "free" foods now. Sometimes I'd just want a big, juicy apple on a summer day and to see that it was 2-3 points (depending on the size) was utterly disappointing, especially when your points for the day max out at 21 or so. That's why people resorted to crappy Fiber One bars or worse, 100-Calorie packs because they could get something more "junky" for the same amount of points.

When my arch nemesis, Hungry Girl, started linking her "recipes" to WW and getting some backing from them, it occurred to me that something was very, very wrong with this picture.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    There are so many reasons why I cyber crush on you. Like that right there^^^.
    quiet you, he's mine...in a totally heterosexual bro kind of way.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony