Page 665 of 888 FirstFirst ... 165565615655663664665666667675715765 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 8879

Thread: Funny CW moments page 665

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Let me rephrase that. 'Which "proper" English lacks'. Then again, very little except professional speeches and papers uses "proper" English anymore. Here in Texas, even a high level professional speech can contain the word "y'all" with a second thought by the audience.
    I know the New Jersey area has "youse" and "youse guyse", and I think the Midwest uses "all you." It's a vernacular, as opposed to official version.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal-V is offline Member
    I watched my colleague (skinny fat and on daily meds for migraines) eat 2 iced doughnuts, 3 ginger biscuits, a twix and 3 rice cakes at work today (plus whatever she had for lunch). Her mum keeps telling her she should cut her fat intake!

Most days she eats 'healthy' muesli bars (2 or 3), she says she'd do anything to not take migraine meds- this apparently does not include facing up to her awful diet.

You can lead a horse to water...

In the Pittsburgh area, the vernacular is pronounced "youns" ("you ones," as opposed to "you all"), but the way it comes out sounds more like "yinz." Pittsburghers often refer to themselves as "yinzers."

One of those annoying "suggested posts" on my Facebook feed today is from Yoplait. It's a meme: "Sorry for what I said when I was hungry." Made me think immediately of this thread. Yeah, you will bite people's heads off... if you eat Yoplait and wait two hours. EAT REGULAR FOOD. Geez.

Green Deane Guest
    Okay... I'll ask. What is CW? (If it is not clean I prefer to remain in the dark.)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Deane View Post
    Okay... I'll ask. What is CW? (If it is not clean I prefer to remain in the dark.)
    Common Wisdom- such as eat "low fat", "healthy whole grains", and "canola oil instead of butter"
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Not the vernacular I was raised with. "All y'all" is redundant and therefore redneck. Y'all is plural second person, which English lacks.
    In my little world, y'all is a closely knit group and all y'all is a crowd. For reference, I live 20-30 miles from NK.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    in my neck of the woods-

y'all - singular
    y'all - plural
    all y'all - singular
    all y'all - plural
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    In my little world, y'all is a closely knit group and all y'all is a crowd. For reference, I live 20-30 miles from NK.
    Raised in approximately 350 mi apart though. (Same state.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Where I grew up (Rhode Island), you is singular and plural, both, and you just have to figure it out depending on context. Up there, anyone saying "y'all" would get some pretty strange looks.
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal