Page 662 of 841 FirstFirst ... 162562612652660661662663664672712762 ... LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 8407

Thread: Funny CW moments page 662

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I bought some yummy medjool dates for my carb refeed. I cut two in half, wrapped each half in bacon, and baked them as a treat for my (non-primal) boyfriend. Afterwards he is acting like he's in sugar shock from them, so I suggested I take his blood sugar with my glucose meter. NO NEEDLES, NO WAY, NEVER!

So what did he do? Ran to the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of code red. Um, hello?
    Bacon wrapped dates are great if you stuff an almond in them before baking. It adds a nice texture to them. They are one of my favorite snacks!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    Bacon wrapped dates are great if you stuff an almond in them before baking. It adds a nice texture to them. They are one of my favorite snacks!
    I like a funky wad of blue cheese in the middle!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I like a funky wad of blue cheese in the middle!
    mmmmm... blue cheese!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Boresville is offline Junior Member
    I was at a wedding where one the of the hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail reception was a bacon wrapped date stuffed with chorizo. They were pretty fantastic.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinF View Post
    Thanks all for the hamburger=mince explanation!

My grandfather used to get as a Christmas treat, fat juicy stone-in dates. Remove the stone and replace with a brazil nut. They were my favourite Christmas treat!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ahhhh can you imagine living in a country that does NOT know what hamburger helper is as well as other instant fake food? I would love it.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat that stuff a couple times a week.

VADogWalker is offline Member
    A good friend of mine goes to a fitness center that offers a lot of classes (Zumba, Bodypump, Pilates, etc). She went to a kickboxing class at around 1 PM one afternoon and struck up a conversation with a 20-something gal, who told my friend that the kickboxing class was her THIRD CLASS THAT DAY. It was only 1 PM.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    Large amount of girl scout cookies brought into work today. They didn't last very long. Pretty sad considering I work in the military.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Woman I sort of know from high school has been posting about all her horrible health problems (she had gastric bypass years ago, is still really heavy, has a hospital trip once a month it seems), and the latest is that she was hospitalized and diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Low level chemo or something follows, meds, etc.

I sent her a message that was like "sorry to hear all that; have you looked into paleo? There's tons of research you might want to look at." Attached some links showing how helpful paleo is for tons of people with RA. She said thanks and that she would research it since she wanted to treat it without medicine if at all possible.

Next series of posts by her is how she feels so much better--well enough to make tons of fresh homemade bread, breaded pork chops, and fresh rolls for the whole family...

Sent via A-10 Warthog