Page 660 of 879 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660661662670710760 ... LastLast
Results 6,591 to 6,600 of 8782

Thread: Funny CW moments page 660

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    While at my butcher today waiting for him to custom cut me some good thick pork chops a young fit looking guy perusing the organic ground meet section asks me, "So the lean is better right?"

And I respond with "Ohh no! For burgers you always want the fattier stuff, get the ground chuck, it stays beautifully juicy."

And he says, "...but which is healthier? Less fat right?"

And I say "Well, IMO you're buying good quality organic beef so they are both good."
    And he looks at me confused.
    Then says "Well I wasn't making a burger anyway, I was going to put it in Hamburger Helper."

>>> this is me >>>
    I raised an eyebrow and said "Well, then you probably should have just grabbed your burger at Publix too then.

WTF?
    Going out of your way to a premium butcher to put the stuff in Hamburger Helper!!!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    If you actually read the scale on the chart, though, the people in this study lost half a pound over 4 years.
    What, you mean that's not good? That means you can lose those extra 20 "vanity pounds" in... 160 years!

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Then says "Well I wasn't making a burger anyway, I was going to put it in Hamburger Helper."
    And that's just sacrilege.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just walk. It may not be considered as good as lifting something heavy on occasion 'round these parts, but the goddess of exercise to me is walking. Unless you are disabled, you can do it your whole life. It doesn't hurt. Do it barefoot or do it in the most supportive non-grok shoes available and anything in between, but walk.

Fat, thin, (and anything in between); young, old, (and anything in between); couch potato to exercise junkie (and anything in between), just go outside and walk. Your core gets worked because you have to keep yourself upright. Your ass and legs get used. Your heart will thank you. Walk, children, walk.

If you can walk, you can walk back to health. Grok didn't go to a gym.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    ^^And your dog will really enjoy it too.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Hamburger Helper
    Googled it. Ewww, looks like puke!

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VADogWalker View Post
    That level of denial is just PAINFUL.
    '

I had a discussion along these same lines with my SO who is about 100 lbs. over. She has constant hip pain. Likely degenerative. I mentioned that losing weight would help with that. She said that the problem would still be there.

I pointed out that losing weight, while it may not cure the problem, would reduce the amount of impact on the problem when she was walking.

But, she said, I would still have the problem.

Never mind.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    '

I had a discussion along these same lines with my SO who is about 100 lbs. over. She has constant hip pain. Likely degenerative. I mentioned that losing weight would help with that. She said that the problem would still be there.

I pointed out that losing weight, while it may not cure the problem, would reduce the amount of impact on the problem when she was walking.

But, she said, I would still have the problem.

Never mind.
    This is sad. I am sure it is painful to love someone who see's things this way. Perhaps though one day the message will get through.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

amyeek is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I bought some yummy medjool dates for my carb refeed. I cut two in half, wrapped each half in bacon, and baked them as a treat for my (non-primal) boyfriend. Afterwards he is acting like he's in sugar shock from them, so I suggested I take his blood sugar with my glucose meter. NO NEEDLES, NO WAY, NEVER!

So what did he do? Ran to the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of code red. Um, hello?
    That is getting added to my list of meaty recipes to try...
    6 May 2014 - 149lbs
    15 May 2014 - 143lbs
    Goal - Healthy, lean, happy, somewhere around 9 stone.

amyeek is offline Member
    This is addictive reading. If you want CW junk, you reaaally need to look at Slimming World recipes. I rebelled against Slimming World when I was on it with my OH, I just couldn't eat that much crap. This is hands down the grossest thing I have ever eaten - Slimming World Recipes: Slimming World - Macaroni and Broccoli Cheese
    6 May 2014 - 149lbs
    15 May 2014 - 143lbs
    Goal - Healthy, lean, happy, somewhere around 9 stone.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    If you can walk, you can walk back to health. Grok didn't go to a gym.
    Yeah.... but I'm trying to look good in a bikini. My health was fine 40lbs ago.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!