Page 66 of 888 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166566 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 66

gini is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And I quote:

"I really need to lose some weight before I go on vacation with my family in May. So, I gave up bread for lent, but now I think I'm going to do Nutrisystem because lots of people lose weight on it and it's cheaper than buying a salad every day."

Rehydrating boxed noodles for the win, obviously.

lorilr is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    And I quote:

" So, I gave up bread for lent, but now I think I'm going to do Nutrisystem because lots of people lose weight on it and it's cheaper than buying a salad every day." .
    What's funny to me is how many people use "Lent" as an excuse to conjure up some magical burst of willpower. As in "I wouldn't normally cut out -insert unhealthy habit - but in the name of Lent I'm going to. I'm going to tell you all how pious I am when I turn down that toast".

FULL DISCLOSURE: my husband gave up beer on Friday nights (means more when you realise we host neighborhood happy hour every Friday) But.... he's training for his first marathon in 4 years and now has a convenient excuse to not drink before his long run.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Enamel View Post
    I like to imagine her as some sort of self-destructive vigilante - she is concerned for the well-being of all of us, but the sins of her past do not permit her to partake in the flighty pleasures of good-health and vegetables

Hmmm...for some reason I do not think the movie version of this would sell too well. Though I can totally see Eastwood in the role.

milly3 is offline Member
    giving stuff up for Lent does work. I'm not sure why... a combination of guilt (if you're a serious Christian you do consider it promise before God, I suppose) and public accountability, since you explain to other people why you're not eating chocolate/soda/etc.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I do find it interesting that I'd get radically different reactions to these two phrases:
    "I gave up wheat for Lent."
    "I gave up wheat for my health."
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I do find it interesting that I'd get radically different reactions to these two phrases:
    "I gave up wheat for Lent."
    "I gave up wheat for my health."

Lent is about sacrifice (at least how I understood it way back in the day in Catholic school) and sacrificing 'wholesome, yummy, so good for you and in so many tasty things' wheat is a big sacrifice. Big sacrifice = good.

But health? You are crazy because wheat is so wholesome, yummy, so good for you and in so many tasty things OMGWTFBBQ!!!1!!!

yeah, people are stupid.

milly3 is offline Member
    Giving up wheat WAS a sacrifice for me. I really like sandwiches and pasta, I just don't think the cost justifies the benefits. I'm sure I'm not the only person who LIKES sugar and bread, I just choose not to partake. Which is actually similar to the idea of sacrificing for Lent, since the idea is you give up something that will be painful to miss, and reflect on the meaning of sacrifice.

Anyway, did anyone see House last week? They figure out that this guy is allergic to vegetable protein or something, and House's line is "his healthy vegetarian diet is making him sick!"

haha.
    Last edited by milly3; 04-07-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    but health? You are crazy because wheat is so wholesome, yummy, so good for you and in so many tasty things omgwtfbbq!!!1!!!

Yeah, people are stupid.

mmmmmm bbq season !!!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    so i'm at costco tonight, buying 18-count cartons of free-range locally farmed eggs (with the boosted o3s, of course, and the dark-orange yolks). I get to three cartons (what i needed) in my cart, and notice that this lady across the aisle is just staring at me, round-eyed. I look at her and smile as i set the third carton down and make sure it won't tip over. She says, "do you work at a restaurant or something?"

"no," i say.

The silence stretches, and she can't stand it. "what are all those eggs for, then?" she finally asks.

"oh, they're for me," i say.

She's stunned. "uh... How long do eggs last?"

"oh, about a week," i say, getting ready to walk away.

"i thought eggs were good for a few weeks past their due date. Do eggs really only last for a week?" she says, checking her box of "egg product" for its expiration date in a near-panic.

"they do in my house," i say, and walk away chuckling.

She follows me - i kid you not. "you eat that many eggs in a week? What about your cholesterol?"

i shrug. "i don't worry about my cholesterol. You shouldn't, either." and i walk away, grinning, leaving her staring after me in shock and confusion.

It's such fun to mess with the cw brain.

lol
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    mmmmmm bbq season !!!!
    I thought the season on it was year-round...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly