Page 659 of 894 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669709759 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 8934

Thread: Funny CW moments page 659

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I bought some yummy medjool dates for my carb refeed. I cut two in half, wrapped each half in bacon, and baked them as a treat for my (non-primal) boyfriend. Afterwards he is acting like he's in sugar shock from them, so I suggested I take his blood sugar with my glucose meter. NO NEEDLES, NO WAY, NEVER!

So what did he do? Ran to the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of code red. Um, hello?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I bought some yummy medjool dates for my carb refeed. I cut two in half, wrapped each half in bacon, and baked them as a treat for my (non-primal) boyfriend. Afterwards he is acting like he's in sugar shock from them, so I suggested I take his blood sugar with my glucose meter. NO NEEDLES, NO WAY, NEVER!

So what did he do? Ran to the refrigerator and poured himself a glass of code red. Um, hello?
    Sitting here baffled...wow
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I love my inlaws and SO... seriously, they are now worried about me doing CrossFit. I come home sore on occasion. Yes, it is hard. But my back feels better than it has in years.

"When you are in your 60's you'll need a new hip or knees". You know what, I'm fine with that. I'd rather need my knee cleaned out or a new hip than need a new heart, diabetes meds. And you know what, I'd rather look better than I did at 20 as a 40 year old and need some new joints a few years down the road. Second, guess what.... my joints don't hurt.

I love it when people use the need to have hip or knee surgery down the road as an excuse not to exercise.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

I love it when people use the need to have hip or knee surgery down the road as an excuse not to exercise.
    Whoa! That's a new one for me. Isn't, um...exercise...supposed to be good for you?

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    On that same note....

I have a standing desk at work which can adjust to also sit, but I mostly stand. A co-worker used the excuse she doesn't want varicose veins from standing all day when asked why she doesn't have one.

Beats the fat a$$ from sitting all day.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post

Well in his defense, it was an emergency.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Isn't, um...exercise...supposed to be good for you?
    Anything other than yoga and walking slowly will tear you up, per my inlaws.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

VADogWalker is offline Member

My closest friend's mother-in-law is having knee replacement surgery TODAY. She is at least 100 pounds overweight and diabetic. She blames the bum knee on having to scrub floors on her hands and knees when she was a teenager.

That level of denial is just PAINFUL.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The need for hip or knee replacement surgery is good things to avoid, especially when you are young, because a joint replacement is only good for 20 years or so. However, doing nothing is really not a strategy for avoiding it.

People should do moderate amounts of exercise throughout their lives (kind of like our goal), rather than massive amounts of "the more the better" extreme exercise.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by VADogWalker View Post
    My closest friend's mother-in-law is having knee replacement surgery TODAY. She is at least 100 pounds overweight and diabetic. She blames the bum knee on having to scrub floors on her hands and knees when she was a teenager.

That level of denial is just PAINFUL.
    My sister (at 54) has already had a hip replacement and a spinal fusion operation. She blames the fact that her job for many years was in yacht maintenance so she was jumping off boats onto docks. Of course the fact that she was jumping off boats onto docks while being seriously overweight is ignored completely.

Now the 6 million dollar woman replacement parts become a continued reason for not getting fit.

Self perpetuating denial.