Page 654 of 839 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664704754 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 8388

Thread: Funny CW moments page 654

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by dacec View Post
    I was in Costco the other day, and saw a woman handing out samples that caught my eye.

Me, with great interest " is that Greek Sour Cream?"

Her, enthusiastically "Yes! And it only has half the fat!!"

Me, disappointed " what a shame" shakes head and walks away.
    I tried some drink at Whole Foods today. It had a bunch of stuff in it that's supposed to be good for you and keep you from wanting a snack. It tasted weird.

Me, "Does this have artificial sweetener in it?"
    Perky WF employee, "Nothing in our store has artificial sweetener. We only carry products that come from the earth! It does have stevia."

Ha! I knew it was something nasty. I swear stevia tastes worse than aspartame. By a lot. I'd rather suck it up and deal with the calories in a "real" natural sweetener.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

AvatarAbe is offline Junior Member
    One of my Facebook friends just discovered coconut oil and how awesome it is. One of his friends wrote a panicked reply about how he shouldn't eat coconut oil because of all the saturated fat, and to use canola oil instead. Sigh.

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    I like that Red Robin has a lettuce wrapped burger. Forgot the fake bun stuff.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ^^personal fav of mine
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    So I foolishly got involved in a facebook debate about nutrition, (I really should know better), and this little gem of an argument came up, "Lots of people pay for studies that support the way they think. Remember, Atkins died of a heart attack. I'm not saying meat is bad, but too much of it is. And I'm tired of people being so negative about carbs. Yes shitty food is shitty food but I eat good carbs and I'm 10x healthier than the average person."

Now aside from all the other wrong things in this statement (it hasn't been proven that Atkins died of a heart attack, I never said carbs were bad, etc), the last bit really made me chuckle. Now this person is a good friend of mine and I would never call her out this way in public, but the response in my head is:

"You may be thin and run marathons, but how many times a year do you get sick? Enough that you keep Z packs in your medicine cabinet the way most people keep aspirin? THAT is 10x healthier than average? Yeesh."
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    It hasn't been proven that Atkins died of a heart attack...
    There was an autopsy. He died of a head injury from falling on a patch of ice.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    There was an autopsy. He died of a head injury from falling on a patch of ice.
    I've read conflicting things about this. He family declined an autopsy, he had an autopsy and results were accidentally released and showed he had heart disease, the damage to his heart was due to an infection unrelated to diet, etc etc. Frankly, I don't really care how he died, I don't think the death of one person makes a strong argument against eating a lower carb diet than what CW standards recommend.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    So I foolishly got involved in a facebook debate about nutrition, (I really should know better), and this little gem of an argument came up, "Lots of people pay for studies that support the way they think. Remember, Atkins died of a heart attack. I'm not saying meat is bad, but too much of it is. And I'm tired of people being so negative about carbs. Yes shitty food is shitty food but I eat good carbs and I'm 10x healthier than the average person."
    "you set a very low bar" would have been my reply...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I've read conflicting things about this. He family declined an autopsy, he had an autopsy and results were accidentally released and showed he had heart disease, the damage to his heart was due to an infection unrelated to diet, etc etc. Frankly, I don't really care how he died, I don't think the death of one person makes a strong argument against eating a lower carb diet than what CW standards recommend.
    That is a fabrication by anti-Atkins people that he had heart disease when he died. Or that he was morbidly obese. It all comes from the same source. The fact is that he slipped and fell on the ice, hitting his head, and never recovered. He was never released from the hospital, and died a month later.

And even if he did have some sort of heart disease, he was an old man. It happens. A previous thread mentioned that the fact the he died was proof that the diet didn't work, as though lack of immortality is proof of anything.

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    can someone explain to me where the farce about atkins croaking from heart attack came from. although atkins is a low carb diet different in many ways from our paleo lifestyles, i still hate hearing people believe the most famous low carb advocate died of a heart attack. old man slipped on ice and died a couple weeks later from the injuries. stupid
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal