Page 652 of 881 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652653654662702752 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 8801

Thread: Funny CW moments page 652

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wrong Portland.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Here in New Orleans, we can have four chickens per household (which is pretty cool for a city). If I ever look to move, I'll be asking if I can have chickens.
    SD just recently passed an urban agriculture ordinance. We can have chickens and goats now.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    They buy everything skinless, boneless, and completely devoid of anything nasty like connective tissue. (All the stuff that makes a good soup stock.) It's like that way they can eat meat but pretend that it doesn't really have anything to do with a dead animal.
    I used to be like that. And I've noticed that the selection of bone-in meats in the grocery store is really crummy.

We have been getting a lot of meat from a local farm lately. 14yo DD was with me last time I picked up a bunch. We saw the chickens, pigs and sheep, heard a funny story about the cow who supplied the current batch of beef. One the way home DD says, "I don't want to hear stories about my meat. I don't want to meet the animals I'm going to eat!". I gave her the bit about the happy life these animals had, the miserable lives of the animals who end up in the supermarket. Her response? "It's better to put those poor animals out their misery and eat them, than to kill perfectly happy animals for food." Erm...OK. Well, those animals are miserable because someone made them miserable. But, I know better than to argue with an indignant 14yo, lol. She still loved the burgers from that happy cow, though.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

momrn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    I used to be like that. And I've noticed that the selection of bone-in meats in the grocery store is really crummy.

We have been getting a lot of meat from a local farm lately. 14yo DD was with me last time I picked up a bunch. We saw the chickens, pigs and sheep, heard a funny story about the cow who supplied the current batch of beef. One the way home DD says, "I don't want to hear stories about my meat. I don't want to meet the animals I'm going to eat!". I gave her the bit about the happy life these animals had, the miserable lives of the animals who end up in the supermarket. Her response? "It's better to put those poor animals out their misery and eat them, than to kill perfectly happy animals for food." Erm...OK. Well, those animals are miserable because someone made them miserable. But, I know better than to argue with an indignant 14yo, lol. She still loved the burgers from that happy cow, though.
    Reasoning with a 14 yo girl? Step away. Step far, far away. Gotta love them and smush their little faces with kisses or otherwise you might have to put them out on the side of the road.

Mine is so anti-vegetarian I have to remind her to be respectful of others choices.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post

Mine is so anti-vegetarian I have to remind her to be respectful of others choices.
    That's funny my 15 yr old son is the same way. His best friends are vegetarians, he's careful not to say anything in front of them but he thinks tofu pups are an abomination.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    chemically ridden fast food chicken--
    I actually wanted to be bad and get some KFC when I was visiting a bigger city recently. I was gonna get the Double Down sandwich but they don't sell that anymore, so I just got some chicken strips and brown gravy. It was a deeply, deeply unsatisfying meal and far too expensive for what it was imo also. (the gravy = brownish salt slurry, no real taste). Even fast food these days is far too overpriced for what you get really; when you start getting up into $7-8 per "meal", you might as well go to a local sit-down restaurant at that rate (if you have the time). Fast food only has the advantage of getting the food out relatively quick, and outside of the dollar menu it isn't cheaper than any other average restaurant anymore either. If I go with my SO to eat and am spending $20 for the two of us at a fast food place, I'm like WTF! And they wonder why their sales are dropping. $20 can buy us a week of groceries (meat, eggs, veggies)... unfortunately our biggest discretionary expense is still eating out ><

I balk at $4+ fast food items; at that rate I could get a pound of steak at the supermarket :/ Oh and, McD's is coming out with a few new menu items - "premium" chicken wraps, no-yolk egg mcmuffins (I saved 30 calories today! (and lost a bunch of nutrition) /facepalm), and another flavor of smoothie ($4 per smoothie? gtfo... I'd rather get 4 dollar menu sandwiches, at least I can get some protein out of them). But I went to look at the nutrition info of the chicken wraps - they are WORSE than a Big Mac (the fried ones anyway). But you know, a bunch of people are going to get them thinking they are "healthier!!!" than a burger... sigh :/
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    SD just recently passed an urban agriculture ordinance. We can have chickens and goats now.
    That's really great! I'm so glad some cities are being progressive about it and not tight-assed jerks about people growing their own food. I really want to rent a house where I can have chickens or ducks in the backyard, at least for eggs if not meat. Although I do want to get to the point of raising and killing my own poultry. Long term I want to have goats also.
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Confession.... I love a really good cheeseburger on a bun. And I feel like that guy does "DAYUM".

I've eaten like 3 cheeseburgers on buns with real beef in the last...20 years (from vegetarian to primal). They really are DAYUM. LIke my favorite food. As in, my last supper would be a giant cheeseburger on a bun with bacon, ketchup, pickles and duke;s mayo.
    Guilty admission...I made bacon cheeseburger mac & cheese (thanks Rachael Ray!) for dinner tonight for the family. It was freaking fantastic. But break it down...the only non-primal ingredients were the noodles and a little flour and ketchup. I can feel my ankles swelling as I type.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    That's funny my 15 yr old son is the same way. His best friends are vegetarians, he's careful not to say anything in front of them but he thinks tofu pups are an abomination.
    I was a vegan, and Tofu Pups ARE an abomination.

Today, in a store, I overheard a couple of older, chubby in the middle (diabetic shape) women discussing how great it was that the store carried "the good, vegetarian fat-free" canned chili.

Uhg.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    You know whats been bothering me lately? CW's fascination with greek yogurt. Like, I bet if you asked someone why its better than regular yogurt, they couldn't tell you. Also, if you're just going to add that fruit compote nonsense to it YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST HAVE YOPLAIT.
    just make sure its fat free!
    *facepalm*