Page 650 of 871 FirstFirst ... 150550600640648649650651652660700750 ... LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 650

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post
    Do you think that even when dieting people never experience hunger? It has been my experience that people know what they're eating and know what is good or bad. I have met a few who seem clueless but they often don't seem to care to lose weight. Like Kochin said, I think its their hunger that is a result from the CW diet they are trying to follow that leads them to overeat. They get hungry enough they don't care about the consequences of eating junk. Just my thoughts on it...
    That's the reason why dieters so often fail immediately. The first hunger they have experienced in months totals them and they are helpless to resist. Of course the weight loss diet they have chosen inevitably leads to hunger.

momrn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    They don't just eat because they are continually hungry. Most people nowadays never experience hunger. They eat because they are programmed to fear hunger by companies that want us to eat snacks constantly. They are surrounded as well by other, well-meaning people who have been brainwashed to believe that hunger is painful and a very bad thing to experience that must be avoided at all costs. The fact that if they do miss a snack and become hungry merely serves to reinforced their perceived need to avoid hunger pre-emptively.

Not hungry? You'd better eat something, because if you get hungry you'll be going into the STARVATION MODE!
    I'm conflicted about this. When I was eating SAD (LFHC), I would get shaky and sick if I went without eating. I would eat something, some lowfat, high fiber thing, and be okay. Some I believe was the programming you speak of, but there was a real need there as well. I never feel that way now. It takes me a long, long time to get hungry. Even then, it isn't that shaky, freak-out feeling. It's more a deep gnawing that I need food. I can put it off for a while and it doesn't feel urgent. I think that other feeling is what people think is hunger when it's really low blood sugar. But how would they know it isn't hunger? It's satisfied by eating. They won't ever figure it out unless they can somehow level out their blood sugar. CW says do that by frequent LFHC snacks. Round and round they go!

Dropping grains and sugar killed my constant hunger. I would have told you before I was always hungry, no matter what or how much I ate. Now I could easily go 36 hours without food.

I try to answer my hunger cues pretty readily because of other health issues, but I often wonder how long I could go before that didn't go away without food.

Paleobird Guest
    I think that video did have some very valid points about people kidding themselves about the real quantities involved.

That said, I really think the experience of the sensation of hunger is different when one has a fat adapted as opposed to exclusively sugar burning metabolism. It changes from being a panicky, painful thing to be avoided at all costs to just being a notification from your stomach that you can get around to answering when you have time.

It's the difference between a fire alarm bell and a polite memo.

Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post
    I'm conflicted about this. When I was eating SAD (LFHC), I would get shaky and sick if I went without eating. I would eat something, some lowfat, high fiber thing, and be okay. Some I believe was the programming you speak of, but there was a real need there as well. I never feel that way now. It takes me a long, long time to get hungry. Even then, it isn't that shaky, freak-out feeling. It's more a deep gnawing that I need food. I can put it off for a while and it doesn't feel urgent. I think that other feeling is what people think is hunger when it's really low blood sugar. But how would they know it isn't hunger? It's satisfied by eating. They won't ever figure it out unless they can somehow level out their blood sugar. CW says do that by frequent LFHC snacks. Round and round they go!

Dropping grains and sugar killed my constant hunger. I would have told you before I was always hungry, no matter what or how much I ate. Now I could easily go 36 hours without food.

I try to answer my hunger cues pretty readily because of other health issues, but I often wonder how long I could go before that didn't go away without food.
    Most Americans eat the SAD, which means they are constantly overfeeding. They are never without food at arm's reach. If they do experience hunger of even the least sort, it is taken as a cue to eat quickly, as though something horrible might happen if they were to wait until the next mealtime. If they go on a diet, they will immediately be confronted with that hunger, and it gets progressively worse. And since they have no feeling for the different nuances of hunger, as far as they're concerned, it's all bad.

The fact that they are eating a high carb diet only makes it worse, because when hunger strikes it is more intense than if they had last eaten a meal of meat and fat. And so if they decide to diet, they may fall for some sort of a scam that tells them it's possible to lose weight without ever being hungry.

I have not eaten since last night. At this moment I am not hungry. Isn't this liberating? But how could a person locked in the "if I get hungry something horrible will happen" CW mindset even consider making changes? Their options for weight loss are CW dieting and willpower. Didn't work? More willpower!

momrn is offline Member
    Yes, liberating is the word.

I have celiac disease and I used to worry if there would be something I could eat when I went parties and functions. Now, I just don't care. If there is, great. If not, I'll eat later. I would have never imagined that was possible.

The willpower thing is pretty torturous. Bad things DID happen to me when I didn't eat. I would shake and get pale and nauseated. I was weak if I did something (eat!) to make that feeling go away.

It makes me sad. I wasted a lot of brain power on that sh*t when I could have just had a steak and been done with it.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I definitely have noticed the shift in hunger feelings from "zomg hungry food NAO!!!" to a deeper, slower sort of, "Yeah, wow, I could totally eat, but I'll get around to it later."

One thing I HAVE been noticing (and everyone around me has noticed as well) since going paleo is that when I havent eaten in awhile, even when im not feeling even my low-grade levels of hunger, I get REALLY moody and irritable. Not shaky or weak or anything, just really irritable. I never really had this BEFORE going paleo, or at least, not nearly to the same degree. My boyfriend thinks it might be some form of low-grade, neurologically-specific hypoglycemia. It's been concerning me lately but I dont know how to go about diagnosing/treating it.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post

I so agree with you. Back when I ate grains and bread, my hunger could be acutely painful. Now it's just 'meh, maybe I should eat something'. And I don't get shakey the way I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    One thing I HAVE been noticing (and everyone around me has noticed as well) since going paleo is that when I havent eaten in awhile, even when im not feeling even my low-grade levels of hunger, I get REALLY moody and irritable. Not shaky or weak or anything, just really irritable. I never really had this BEFORE going paleo, or at least, not nearly to the same degree. My boyfriend thinks it might be some form of low-grade, neurologically-specific hypoglycemia. It's been concerning me lately but I dont know how to go about diagnosing/treating it.
    Your body is preparing you to go out and kill something. That means you are by nature a huntress. Congratulations!

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Your body is preparing you to go out and kill something.
    Mind. Blown.

Seiously!

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I definitely have noticed the shift in hunger feelings from "zomg hungry food NAO!!!" to a deeper, slower sort of, "Yeah, wow, I could totally eat, but I'll get around to it later."

I usually eat lunch between 1:30-2 during the week. Breakfast is at 6 am.

Yesterday I didn't get to go to lunch until 2:30. It was not pretty. I was really irritable because I was very hungry by then. I think it was a hypoglycemic episode. Even after I ate I still felt hungry which is so unusual for me.