Page 65 of 879 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165565 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 65

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    I had a read of that and just about cracked up at one part.

The author claims that the Inuit people had the highest incidence of hip fractures in the world due to eating too much meat. Talk about confusing correlation with causation. This totally ignores something so obvious it's ridiculous....

They walk around on ice/snow all day!!!
    I love when people play with statistics. A report came out a few years ago that showed the % of deaths per ER/ERadmit patient at each of the area hospitals. The one closest to us got the worst rating. People were freaked and vowed never to go there. If you looked closely at the breakdown the category that really skewed things was cardiac deaths.

DUH! The community that hospital serves has an extraordinarily high number of nursing homes and senior facilities. At one point over 50% of our town was over 65. Add to that most of the facilities around here do not want deaths to occur on their turf, so even if the resident is ice cold they call an ambulance and send them to the ER rather than call in the doc who can pronounce. I was told by one nurse that unless you are on hospice you WILL NOT officially die in the nursing home. So is it any wonder that the hospital that serves this population has a slightly higher death rate?
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Earlier today, I was out buying marshmallows (not for me), and this lady, who wasn't exactly what you'd call healthy-looking, said 'they're all fattening' as she walked past. Very sage wisdom coming from someone whose cart is full of pasta, sugar-free candy and a giant jar of sugary, soybean oil-filled peanut butter.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enamel View Post
    Earlier today, I was out buying marshmallows (not for me), and this lady, who wasn't exactly what you'd call healthy-looking, said 'they're all fattening' as she walked past. Very sage wisdom coming from someone whose cart is full of pasta, sugar-free candy and a giant jar of sugary, soybean oil-filled peanut butter.

Well, to be fair, given the contents of her cart she sounds like a subject matter expert on things that are not good for you.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, to be fair, given the contents of her cart she sounds like a subject matter expert on things that are not good for you.
    I like to imagine her as some sort of self-destructive vigilante - she is concerned for the well-being of all of us, but the sins of her past do not permit her to partake in the flighty pleasures of good-health and vegetables

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    At the supermarket yesterday - powdered Fructose as a sugar replacement! 'better' because you only need to use half!!!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Very sage wisdom coming from someone whose cart is full of pasta, sugar-free candy and a giant jar of sugary, soybean oil-filled peanut butter.
    My diagnosis: she's practicing Munchausen by proxy.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Earlier today, I was out buying marshmallows (not for me)
    It's all right. I don't judge.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    It's all right. I don't judge.
    I like a lot of terrible foods, but marshmallows just don't do much for me. If I ever post about buying Ben & Jerry's for someone else, then you'll know it's a lie.

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    maybe she was referring to the contents of her cart? she just wanted to reach out to you and admit her guilt.
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Tawny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    She couldn't explain why, but someone told her this when she was younger and she just kind of took it as fact
    That. Right there. That is what's wrong with us as a human race. That you can hold on so tight to a belief when you don't even know WHERE you got the damn thing, and you have NO proof or research or anything to tell you it's any more true than any other crap someone says somewhere.

As someone with a good education/research background, working with people with similar backgrounds, it amazes me how easily my co-workers buy into CW. I'm the one who gets branded as the conspiracy theorist-go figure. Maybe someday, someone will see the irony...