Page 649 of 841 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649650651659699749 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,490 of 8407

Thread: Funny CW moments page 649

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My fiancé made an (amazing) monstrosity for lunch. 2 boneless & skinless chicken thighs, drowned in pizza sauce, covered in mozzarella cheese & pepperoni, then baked. As I stared at it in horror, he said to me, "It's paleo!" I laughed. While the components may be paleo (technically primal, but I wasn't about to try and sort that out with him), that was definitely NOT paleo.
    I do kind of the same thing with breasts, cause husband hates thighs. I pound them even, season them well with garlic and herbs and grill them. Then I top them with FRESH mozzarella and pop it in the oven under the low broiler until it begins to ooze, then top with a BIG heap of chopped tomato into which an obscene amount of finely chopped garlic, chopped basil, and some fresh cracked black pepper has been added along with some olive oil to bring things together. Back under the broiler for a few until good and warm.

Of course... season with sea salt to taste both before grilling the chicken and by sprinkling on top when serving.

Less monstrosity... very delicious!
    That's my clean version of the "bruschetta chicken" recipes that are out there.
    They all have crap ingredients, and not enough of the good stuff IMO.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I facepalm'ed the hell out of this one:
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member

@12:53 If you cant kick the chocolate habit apparently the best lowest calorie choice you can make is Milky Way. Has no one heard of dark chocolate? Anyone? Also, this whole shows premise is that we're fat because we're all "secretly eating". Yeah. That's why.

Facepalm

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...y-facepalm.gif

Have to admit though its pretty amusing in a people watching kind of way. That came out creeper than I thought it would...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post

@12:53 If you cant kick the chocolate habit apparently the best lowest calorie choice you can make is Milky Way. Has no one heard of dark chocolate? Anyone? Also, this whole shows premise is that we're fat because we're all "secretly eating". Yeah. That's why.

Facepalm

Have to admit though its pretty amusing in a people watching kind of way. That came out creeper than I thought it would...
    Oh, My. I watched that and sat looking at all the carbs, refined sugars and reprocessed synthetic oils and thought, "DOES SHE ACTUALLY HAVE TASTE BUDS???" How can one eat that massive amount of crap and not taste the crappiness?
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Horses have really different teeth than people..... really, an entirely unique structure, as well as a different digestive system. Their teeth go back really far.

Vegetarians, LOL.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I facepalm'ed the hell out of this one:
    I agree. If anyone did just thought about it for a few minutes, they'd throw this argument that dentition is tied to species-appropriate diet out the window. Sure, there's SOME adaptation, but look at gorillas. They have gigantic canines, but they are almost exclusively herbivorous.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eig View Post

Facepalm

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...y-facepalm.gif

But, the thing is, most people there ARE underestimating what they're eating. And, when they eat less, they lose weight. The problem is: they continually eat because they're continually hungry. And they're continually hungry because they're eating CW or, worse, SAD.
    The process of weight-loss for the average CW-er:
    -realize how much they are eating
    -realize how little they are doing
    -exert ridiculous willpower and "go on a diet"
    -exert even more willpower over your starving body and work out
    -lose weight
    -put it back on again when you go back to eating "normally"

The process of weight-loss on the average Primal or Paleo diet:
    -eat as much as your body wants
    -exercise with the newfound energy
    -lose weight
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    But, the thing is, most people there ARE underestimating what they're eating. And, when they eat less, they lose weight. The problem is: they continually eat because they're continually hungry. And they're continually hungry because they're eating CW or, worse, SAD.
    They don't just eat because they are continually hungry. Most people nowadays never experience hunger. They eat because they are programmed to fear hunger by companies that want us to eat snacks constantly. They are surrounded as well by other, well-meaning people who have been brainwashed to believe that hunger is painful and a very bad thing to experience that must be avoided at all costs. The fact that if they do miss a snack and become hungry merely serves to reinforced their perceived need to avoid hunger pre-emptively.

Not hungry? You'd better eat something, because if you get hungry you'll be going into the STARVATION MODE!

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My fiancé made an (amazing) monstrosity for lunch. 2 boneless & skinless chicken thighs, drowned in pizza sauce, covered in mozzarella cheese & pepperoni, then baked. ...
    HAH - I watched an episode of Chopped (food network) where one of the ingredients in the basket was pizza sauce, and one of the judges or contestants (I honestly can't remember which) was kinda like "what exactly IS pizza sauce, anyway?" I think I snorted out loud and said "I know, right?!"

The chicken meatza (with fresh veggies & mozz) actually sounds kind of good!

and on a funny CW moment... I was chatting with a friend about kids today and recalling that Jamie Oliver series where he goes to an elementary school and kids literally don't know what vegetables are what... they don't know a tomato from an onion, etc... she mentioned there was an episode where he showed the kids all the stuff in a chicken nugget... and they were TOTALLY grossed out, but nonetheless still wanted to eat it... I looked up the video - and all I could think is "but wait, the bones and organs and scraps are AWESOME, and this is like a freshly made nugget from a non-4D animal, and Jamie made this in front of their faces, and it's not really that much like the commercially produced nugget slurries, 'cause they add all kinds of chemicals (he tossed some powder in to simulate that, but I'm not really sure what it was?)that's probably the best/freshest chicken nugget EVAR!"
    mmmm.... bones & guts. lol.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    They don't just eat because they are continually hungry. Most people nowadays never experience hunger.
    Do you think that even when dieting people never experience hunger? It has been my experience that people know what they're eating and know what is good or bad. I have met a few who seem clueless but they often don't seem to care to lose weight. Like Kochin said, I think its their hunger that is a result from the CW diet they are trying to follow that leads them to overeat. They get hungry enough they don't care about the consequences of eating junk. Just my thoughts on it...
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00