Page 648 of 900 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658698748 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 8999

Thread: Funny CW moments page 648

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primitiva View Post
    I was looking at the frozen section of my local Walmart and a "new" sign caught my atention, for a new product called 'Fresh Frozen Foods'. I bought some awsome things like sliced squash, california blend, summer blend, fajita blend, stew mix and then this:

I was wondering "What's this doing in the CW thread..?" until I (finally) noticed the star on top. All I was thinking was "Mmmm! Yam!"

PS: Yes, I checked the ingredients and was disappointed, but the IDEA of a yam-patty is actually kinda cool.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps they were freshly frozen, as in, frozen within the last week?

I was deeply saddened the other day when I went to Trader Joes. I found a bag of frozen sweet potato fries, but was sorely disappointed to find they contained soybean oil. Instead, I purchased a bag of sweet potatoes, cut one into fries, and threw them in the oven. Sweet potato fries taste great without the added nasty.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    Again, I don't intend to cast judgement on anyone who chooses to work. Unfortunately it's becoming harder and harder in our society, with our hectic lifestyles, to afford having one parent stay home. I'm just saying that when a parent has the opportunity to stay home, it naturally becomes easier to dedicate the time to shop and cook from scratch with fresh quality ingredients.

I applaud anyone who manages to accomplish that feat while also holding down a full-time job.
    There doesn't seem to be any relationship between whether a woman works outside the home and how hard she tries to cook healthy meals for her family. If a woman is motivated to cook healthy meals, she will find a way whether she is employed or not. Even back then, all the housewives in the neighborhood served tv dinners to their families regularly, and nobody thought there was anything wrong with that.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any relationship between whether a woman works outside the home and how hard she tries to cook healthy meals for her family. If a woman is motivated to cook healthy meals, she will find a way whether she is employed or not. Even back then, all the housewives in the neighborhood served tv dinners to their families regularly, and nobody thought there was anything wrong with that.
    Okie dokie, I stand corrected.

pfair143 is offline Member
    Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I also cooked real food for my family while holding a full time job that included shift work, holidays and weekends.
    My Mama didn't work but we always had a sit down supper that could have passed for Sunday Dinner. It seems she usually started cooking about 30 minutes before Daddy got home at 5 and he liked supper on the table when he came in. That's how I grew up and it was all that I knew so that's what I did.
    My kids used to complain that we never had pizza like their friends and why did we have stupid vegetables all the time? After they left home to live on their own they headed straight to the hamburger joints. After a couple of months spent main lining junk food, they started showing up at the door around supper time just to visit and "oh wow is that vegetable soup"; and yes, of course, they could stay and eat.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    I work a full time job that tops 60 hours a week sometimes, I'm getting my MBA, I still try to have an active social life (that just means as much time with my girlfriend as possible!), I've been walking an hour a day and I cook just about every meal I ever eat. What did I give up? Television.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Some people suck at cooking or hate it. I swear, my mom hates to cook. She needed help with hard boiled eggs. Now she would prepare us meals, but for the most part they weren't very good unless dad was manning the grill. So yeah, pizza night, hot dog night and TV dinner night were the bomb. Her meals were usually way overcooked protein with way overcooked frozen vegetables. I make the same meals today- chicken breast with asparagus, but mine is cooked right.

I can see easily where she would have fallen victim to the "healthier" pre-prepared foods on the market today.

That said, the sad thing is you can use the preprepared foods to make great meals- rotissierie chickens, bagged lettuces etc. especially if you don't care about soy oil. Literally, instead of McNuggets and Mac and Cheese, grab a bag of cut veggies, a rotossierie chicken and a baguette. But I don't know. That's just me.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTII View Post
    I work a full time job that tops 60 hours a week sometimes, I'm getting my MBA, I still try to have an active social life (that just means as much time with my girlfriend as possible!), I've been walking an hour a day and I cook just about every meal I ever eat. What did I give up? Television.
    +1

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I was 8 or 9 when Mom went back to work, with a brother 3 years older than me. Mom's solutions? You can read, find directions to make something that sounds good, and oh-btw, you're each making something you haven't made each week. Now, Mom or Dad would help with cutting and cooking when they got home, if needed, but we learned pretty quickly how to follow the Southern Living cookbooks. I made sweet and sour chicken from scratch! With help, but still. I know that won't for everyone, but it worked for us. There were a few flood, I'm sure, but that meant we made mac and cheese or ordered pizza, so we weren't too worried.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My fiancÚ made an (amazing) monstrosity for lunch. 2 boneless & skinless chicken thighs, drowned in pizza sauce, covered in mozzarella cheese & pepperoni, then baked. As I stared at it in horror, he said to me, "It's paleo!" I laughed. While the components may be paleo (technically primal, but I wasn't about to try and sort that out with him), that was definitely NOT paleo.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.