Page 641 of 880 FirstFirst ... 141541591631639640641642643651691741 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,410 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 641

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yes I know what you mean, my CW eating buddies all joke about me eating 'mung beans, tofu and seaweed lol' despite the fact they've never seen me eat any of that stuff. I don't even bother explaining what I do eat. The other comment, when I made some significant money was "you'll be able to afford to buy proper food now (lol)" again despite spending lots more than any of them do

so yup it's not up for discussion with CW believers, even my friends

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    yup it's not up for discussion with CW believers, even my friends
    I may come across as crass or insensitive but I made a point to only tell people what they want to hear. When asked what I do to stay in such good shape I just say: "You know, low-fat, high fiber, and lots of exercise". That way I get a big thumbs up and we can all go our merry ways. I'm way beyond the point of trying to convince anyone to better themselves. As a matter of fact, I kind of enjoy knowing something they don't, and they would denounce my choices anyway if I ever told them.

When offered something that I don't want to eat I say: "Thanks but that's not for me". If they persist I nod towards the product and say: "Go ahead, YOU eat it". Sometimes that makes them stop in their tracks and think. Sometimes.

Yeah, I'm definitely crass sometimes, but it's my life and my body, and I'm definitely not going to change CW fanatics anytime soon.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    I only say I eat "high quality meat and veg, and no processed food" when asked

which in CW world means vegan garbage, soy products and rabbit food seeds and lettuce leaves

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    "Whole foods prepared from natural ingredients." I would never tell anyone I was eating low fat.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    I may come across as crass or insensitive but I made a point to only tell people what they want to hear. When asked what I do to stay in such good shape I just say: "You know, low-fat, high fiber, and lots of exercise". That way I get a big thumbs up and we can all go our merry ways. I'm way beyond the point of trying to convince anyone to better themselves. As a matter of fact, I kind of enjoy knowing something they don't, and they would denounce my choices anyway if I ever told them.

When offered something that I don't want to eat I say: "Thanks but that's not for me". If they persist I nod towards the product and say: "Go ahead, YOU eat it". Sometimes that makes them stop in their tracks and think. Sometimes.

Yeah, I'm definitely crass sometimes, but it's my life and my body, and I'm definitely not going to change CW fanatics anytime soon.
    I as interviewed by a PE student last week, and when I said that I only ate 'meat and vegetables', his answer was 'isn't that what everyone eats?"

No. No it is not.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    So my MIL is totally a CW fanatic, she is a perfectly healthy weight fortunately - probably due to her not allowing anything slightly delicious cross her lips in the last 15 years (she does have BP and cholesterol issues). Anyhow the other day we were discussing my BIL who has recently married into the family. He's unfortunately rather overweight and slowly gaining more, he's also 6ft 6in and as we say in these parts 'built like a brick sh*t house', so he's huge in more ways than one. We are all quite concerned about his health, and the fact that his ability to work depends on regular medical clearances (he's a pilot).

My MIL can't work out why he's gaining so much weight as both he and his new wife do eat a CW diet. I briefly talked about the way I eat (Primal) and said that I wondered if he might benefit from this type of lifestyle too. MIL totally ignored what I just said and proclaimed that it must be the quantity of food he eats and that if he simply ate less then he'd loose weight.

Seriously, she wants to tell this giant of a man to eat less? If only they could all see that it doesn't need to be that way, that actually I do eat as much as I want (and I have a healthy appetite) but I maintain a healthy weight. So frustrating but its not my fight.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I as interviewed by a PE student last week, and when I said that I only ate 'meat and vegetables', his answer was 'isn't that what everyone eats?"

No. No it is not.
    lol, man, we only wish! I bet that PE student is healthy though.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    My SO, bless him, was telling a friend of his that I lost 50 lbs in months on paleo (not accurate, but gotta love him). He misses details at times. But the guy says it is too expensive and is doing WeightWatchers instead and.... not losing. Yet they drink beer out at a bar 2-3 times a week. But Paleo and Crossfit too expensive. $100 a week sitting on their asses drinking beer could be applied to buying good foods and a $125 a month Crossfit package.

The funny thing is the guy loves meat- he BBQ's all the damn time. Just ditch the grains and he'd be golden!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

BoldAsLove is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhiko the Rolfer View Post
    yes I know what you mean, my CW eating buddies all joke about me eating 'mung beans, tofu and seaweed lol' despite the fact they've never seen me eat any of that stuff. I don't even bother explaining what I do eat. The other comment, when I made some significant money was "you'll be able to afford to buy proper food now (lol)" again despite spending lots more than any of them do

so yup it's not up for discussion with CW believers, even my friends
    This reminds me of my sister, who tells her friends that I'm on "some hippy diet." Um, no offense to hippies, but when has eating tons of meat and BACON ever been seen as hippy-ish? Ha.

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    another *facepalm* on facebook:

Preheat oven to 350; smoosh refrigerated cookie dough into the bottom of each well. Place Reese cup upside down on top of cookie dough (or an Oreo!). Top with prepared box brownie mix, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 18 minutes! HEAVEN!

A must (SHARE) if you love the people on your friends list!

No, you know what? I love the people on my friends list and that's exactly why I WON'T share it. *headdesk*