Page 640 of 895 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650690740 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 8941

Thread: Funny CW moments page 640

pfair143 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was invited by friends to attended a hospital sponsored initiative on women's health last month. I was afraid of the usual but really interested to see if the thinking of the medical field had changed at all. Apparently not.
    Coffee was accompanied with HFCS syrups substituting for coffee cream. The lunch salad was actually a mixture of organic lettuces (good) topped with honey flavored sweetened chicken pieces, sweetened dried cranberries, sugar coated soy nuts, and the only dressing available was a very sweet berry flavored something all accompanied with a tan colored roll. The dessert was some sort of a white tasteless goop (was hoping for at the very least yoghurt, but no, not even that) sprinkled with sweet granola and 3 fresh raspberries. Eureka! After one bite of salad drenched in something, a bite of chicken, and a tentative bite of goop sans granola along with 3 raspberries; my conclusion: low fat, low nutrients, high sugar (HFSC).
    By a show of hands, there were many women in attendance with diabetes and high blood pressure. This lunch did not do them any favors.
    One of the discussions consisted of a talk about living with (not preventing) diabetes. The speaker had taken control of her problem of diabetes and weight with surgery. Literature available.
    I was inside an infomercial and leaving felt like an escape.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Was at a lunch meeting (at a hospital, with a bunch of oncologists) and lunch is provided by one of the drug reps. All food was provided in the industrial size aluminum containers.

(My changes capitalized.)

Salad with caesar dressing TAKE OFF THE CROUTONS
    sliced white italian bread
    baked ziti type pasta (for the vegetarians!!)
    chicken tenders GRILL 'EM INSTEAD OF BREADING some disgusting sauce PUT THE SAUCE ON THE SIDE
    MEATBALLS INSTEAD OF RAVIOLI
    choc chip cookies
    Choice of soda: coke, diet coke, or fresca, SPARKLING WATERS.

They'll only keep giving you this if no one ever comments. Look how easy, and the expense almost the same, with just a few tweaks. You could have chosen something half-way(ok, maybe quarter-way) with these changes. You should let them know that while you appreciate their providing food, these changes would make it more enjoyable for more of you.

Changing CW, one person at a time!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes the right thing to do is run screaming from the room. You have to save yourself.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I went to the American Heart Association website to check out their nutritional recommendations. Wow! They are still recommending 6-8 servings of grains per day and vegetable oils and magarine over butter. What does 8 servings of grain look like - that would be 8 slices of bread or 4 cups of Rice...Unbelievable

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I went to the American Heart Association website to check out their nutritional recommendations. Wow! They are still recommending 6-8 servings of grains per day and vegetable oils and magarine over butter. What does 8 servings of grain look like - that would be 8 slices of bread or 4 cups of Rice...Unbelievable
    So, 800-900 calories per day from just bread or rice.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Not necessarily CW funny, but funny nonetheless.

My son (23) went to the store for me to pick up a spaghetti squash. He called me from the store because he couldn't find squash noodles in the pasta aisle. I had to explain to him that it was a vegetable.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Explaining to my Dad that no, I won't eat non-green legumes, but yes, sweet potatoes are fine.
    He's read through "The Primal Blueprint", so he has no excuses.
    (PS: Also explaining how real chili doesn't have beans in it anyway.)
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Hey Canuck 416 ! Just wanted to remark on how easy it must be for you to stay primal, considering the number of great animal and produce farms in or near Sebastopol. You're lucky (or was it by design?)

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    CW conundrum here...

A diabetic friend of mine keeps posting things on Facebook about GMOs, and the GMO law issues, how important it is to grow your veggies and spices in your garden, etc. etc. She is diabetic, overweight, and actually had a miscarriage due to her diabetes. Sometimes she posts recipes, which most of the time seem fairly healthy. I usually ignore most of them because she likes nuts, and I am allergic to those.

The other day she posted a "healthy" recipe for pancakes using all organic ingredients. One of the ingredients was, of course, wheat flour. I pointed out to her that all wheat is GMO, and has been since the 60s. That maybe she should consider not eating it, and instead using coconut flour.

Well my comment was deleted. Diabetic and in denial? I'm sure her "healthy" "organic" oats and cereal every morning for breakfast are really helping her situation...
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    People are going to eat what they're going to eat. They tend to take any suggestions as criticism of their current diet (which sometimes it is). I have one friend I can't even tell her what I'm doing so far as diet/exercise (like, if I just want to talk about it) because she takes it as a direct attack on her even though all I really intend to do is tell her what I've been up to. I've kind of added it to my list that you just don't talk about, along with religion and gun control. You know?
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012