Page 638 of 888 FirstFirst ... 138538588628636637638639640648688738 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 8879

Thread: Funny CW moments page 638

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Surely there was butter?
    Yes, there was butter! I had buttered coffee with breakfast each morning.

I was looking for coconut oil specifically for a sunburn. Works better than anything in the world.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    NK does not leave garlic alone long enough for botulism. Having been in her kitchen while she was cooking, I wouldn't put just swigging the stuff straight from the bottle past her...
    Nah, I haven't done that (yet.) We tend to use it mostly for cooking. And Twibble's right, the garlic oil lasts, at most, a couple weeks.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Nah, I haven't done that (yet.) We tend to use it mostly for cooking. And Twibble's right, the garlic oil lasts, at most, a couple weeks.
    NK, have you met my friend Skordalia...?
    Skordalia Recipe - Food.com - 29583
    (I use more garlic than that recipe calls for... but I like it thoroughly skunked/hot. I blender the EVOO, garlic, and lemon... then mix into the potatoes with a food processor on pulse. )

A delightful Greek concoction of potato, olive oil, lemon juice, and raw garlic... and it's NOT shy on the garlic!
    As with most things Greek it's a bit 'in your face' in the BEST possible way. If you really like garlic that is.
    I introduced my brother/sis-in-law to it recently and they loved it.

She made some soup that was too bland for me while I was there, but otherwise a win because it fit my eating requirements, so I popped a BIG spoon of the skordalia into it and stirred... Winning. Instant flavor.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Easter at my friend's parents' house (do most holidays there), Dad has had gastric bypass, Mom is overweight and rattling off the medical conditions she's having (fibromyalgia, all kinds of inflammation, swollen legs, lots of doctor visits)--when she notices I'm eating piles of ham, eggs, and bacon but not the pancakes and rolls and pies she says, "You should be careful of your health!"

Nevermind the six-pack and good bloodwork numbers...

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I was cruising recipe blogs and came across a recipe for banana split cake. The author mentioned being afraid of raw eggs, so she had to change the creamy filling. Afraid to use raw eggs, but OK with using 2 tubs of cool whip:
    WATER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SKIM MILK, LIGHT CREAM, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK.
    Cool whip contains milk? I remember looking at it one time and going 'there's no MILK in here!'

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cori, thanks for the Skordalia link. Sounds awesome.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Skordalia sounds like it could be good with a cubic shit ton more garlic. 1 lb potato and a head of garlic and we'd be talking.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    There's a Tapas place I frequent that has beet skordalia - I'm assuming it's a similar recipe, but with beets instead of potatoes... YUM!

The ease of making infused oils at home totally led me to wonder why tf anyone would buy that product... but hey, that's just me...

Oh, and FWIW, those infusions will be fine for quite awhile in the fridge... but I'm one of those nutty "look (/smell/taste) at what's in front of you instead of going by an arbitrary number" types... I know, I know, you can't see/smell/taste botulism... shhh!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I saw one of those "food" trailers today; this one sells cupcakes. On the side, it said "A portion of our profits goes to educate children about the dangers of drug and alcohol addiction". On the front, at the top of the open-hours sign, it said, "Get your sugar fix!"

*facepalm*

I'll try to get a picture the next time I see it.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Skordalia sounds like it could be good with a cubic shit ton more garlic. 1 lb potato and a head of garlic and we'd be talking.
    That's how I do it... I like it garlic-HOT!

But not how I intro it to raw garlic noobs/lightweights.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.