Page 637 of 888 FirstFirst ... 137537587627635636637638639647687737 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 8879

Thread: Funny CW moments page 637

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Garlic olive oil is WAYYY too easy to make for me to justify buying it. Smash garlic cloves, drop in olive oil, and let sit for a minimum of 24 hrs. I generally have a thing of olive oil and a thing of garlic olive oil at any given time (I just let the garlic stay in there until the jar is used up.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    We sat through the cooking demo & galley tour onboard our cruise ship...

Head chef kept talking about "healthy low-fat" crap...that go with his "healthy whole grain" other crap...

And I could not get coconut oil onboard. They don't use it in the galley... but the head chef named off corn, soy, canola, and vegetable oils...

pfair143 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    And I could not get coconut oil onboard. They don't use it in the galley... but the head chef named off corn, soy, canola, and vegetable oils...
    Thanks for the reminder. Going on a cruise in June and will definitely be taking my own.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    We sat through the cooking demo & galley tour onboard our cruise ship...

Head chef kept talking about "healthy low-fat" crap...that go with his "healthy whole grain" other crap...

Surely there was butter?

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    there's a great new product in the UK called Flora Cuisine

advertised as containing "30% less SFA than olive oil..."...

horrible

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I was cruising recipe blogs and came across a recipe for banana split cake. The author mentioned being afraid of raw eggs, so she had to change the creamy filling. Afraid to use raw eggs, but OK with using 2 tubs of cool whip:
    WATER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SKIM MILK, LIGHT CREAM, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Garlic olive oil is WAYYY too easy to make for me to justify buying it. Smash garlic cloves, drop in olive oil, and let sit for a minimum of 24 hrs. I generally have a thing of olive oil and a thing of garlic olive oil at any given time (I just let the garlic stay in there until the jar is used up.)
    Careful with the garlic olive oil if you aren't going to heat it before eating, and are storing it at room temp. Homemade garlic infused oil can put you at risk for botulism.
    Oil Infusions and the Risk of Botulism
    Last edited by s-piper; 04-01-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    I've just been out to a supermarket to do the weekly shop for a lady who is housebound

she gave me a list and asked me to to a specific store

well, I do buy most of my food online and at the market so I rarely go in the large chain superstores so it may not be surprising that I was absolutely shocked and frankly sickened by the array of 'food' (if you can call it that) - just huge piles of processed, cheap garbage in packets, boxes, freezers and all kinds. the cookie and chocolate (none good chocolate) aisle alone was about 50 yards long as was the fizzy drinks aisle. Lots of buy-one-get-one-free deals encouraging people to buy more than they need

feeling quite depressed, nothing funny about it I'm sorry to say. I'm still in shock.

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    Ruth's Chris Steak House menu: "We broil it exactly the way you like it at 1,800 degrees to lock in the corn-fed flavor."
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    Careful with the garlic olive oil if you aren't going to heat it before eating, and are storing it at room temp. Homemade garlic infused oil can put you at risk for botulism.
    Oil Infusions and the Risk of Botulism
    NK does not leave garlic alone long enough for botulism. Having been in her kitchen while she was cooking, I wouldn't put just swigging the stuff straight from the bottle past her...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly