Page 636 of 880 FirstFirst ... 136536586626634635636637638646686736 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 636

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^^yes
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I have always felt like Snickers and Milky Way bars are a scam. They pretend to be chocolate candy, but they contain so little chocolate that if someone has genuine cravings for chocolate, they could eat them forever and never satisfy that craving. They are formulated to flip the switch in the brain that demands the eater continue to input the sugar and fake fats they contain.

Yet how often do we hear a dieter say, "I was craving chocolate, so I bought a bag of Snickers, thinking I would only eat one. But I ate the whole bag. I can't believe how "bad" I was." There's a reason.
    I've experienced that myself when eating conventional candy; there is a new book explaining why that happens: Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us: Michael Moss: 9781400069804: Amazon.com: Books

the food manufacturers figure out the "bliss point" of ingredients, so that you just can't stop eating the crap.

RE: snickers salad - that is completely insane, and even more scary that people would make and eat it as if it's not a sick joke...

cypselos is offline Junior Member
    Hurrah - flapjacks banned by school

BBC News - Canvey Island school bans triangle shaped flapjacks

Oh...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Was she actually out of breath, opening that package of grated carrots? What a sad video.

I did get a kick out of the captions carefully telling us how much fat there was in everything. How about how much SUGAR!? Sweetened condensed milk in macaroni salad? Wait, how can we make it MORE carby!?

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Eating a ton of processed sugar just messes up your taste buds. Everything just is sweet, but doesn't register as cloying anymore. Every so often I have a baked good and I LOVE a good real french pastry with butter. The bakery around the corner from me uses a lot of butter, and not a lot of sugar and they are so good. There is a lot of depth of flavor to the pastries- caramelization, butter, crisp, sweet, salty and despite being a pastry, it's a "whole" flavor experience.

So many processed items are just almost anemic in their sugar. You never get any other flavor profile- no fat, no salt, no contrast. It's really just like an easy hit of a drug without complexity.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    The really sad thing is, some poor schmuck is eating that snickers crap, and going "Hey, I am healthy, I am eating a salad!"

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    a friend invited me to a "Tastefully Simple" party... didn't really know anything about it, so I checked out the website... o.m.g. people actually buy this stuff and think it's healthy!
    bunches of drink mixes, sauces, bread/cake/dessert mixes... yargh.
    it's "all natural" everything too... oy.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    a friend invited me to a "Tastefully Simple" party... didn't really know anything about it, so I checked out the website... o.m.g. people actually buy this stuff and think it's healthy!
    bunches of drink mixes, sauces, bread/cake/dessert mixes... yargh.
    it's "all natural" everything too... oy.
    Are you going?

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    yes, so I can get some "natural garlic flavored" canola oil. totally. *SNORT*
    (no. I'm not going.)

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    okay thats just gross. And I bet it costs an arm and a leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    yes, so I can get some "natural garlic flavored" canola oil. totally. *SNORT*
    (no. I'm not going.)
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs