Page 635 of 883 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637645685735 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 8822

Thread: Funny CW moments page 635

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A friend posted a link to a blogpost where he'd made "healthy" brownies. Half Splenda, half sugar, and he proudly stated that since he didn't have enough applesauce, he topped off the measuring cup with canola oil.

*twitch*
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I have always felt like Snickers and Milky Way bars are a scam. They pretend to be chocolate candy, but they contain so little chocolate that if someone has genuine cravings for chocolate, they could eat them forever and never satisfy that craving. They are formulated to flip the switch in the brain that demands the eater continue to input the sugar and fake fats they contain.

Yet how often do we hear a dieter say, "I was craving chocolate, so I bought a bag of Snickers, thinking I would only eat one. But I ate the whole bag. I can't believe how "bad" I was." There's a reason.
    I think so as well. I think that is the general issue with CW people trying to lose weight. Low fat or low sugar food does not hit the spot so in a way those people end up emotionally malnourished. Plus they feel guilty anyway about eating anything that is not CW so any enjoyment involved in eating is clouded by remorse.

I probably eat about 3 or 4 squares of dark choc a day. And that is fine for me (and I LOVE dark choc nom nom nom) - cos its decent stuff, I am satisfied with less than a poor CW person who is never satisfied. And there are no negative feelings associated with eating dark chocolate so I am able to enjoy it. I don't want to eat a snickers etc as it tastes fake.

CW people need to realise that if you want a Coca Cola and nothing else will do - have the full fat version not ten diet ones!!!!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    More sad than funny.

Day before yesterday I showed my online girlfriend (who is also working to lose weight) a new photo, and she asked me how come I look so much better than she does.

Maybe because you're eating 60% carbs, including lots of mixes, and you don't intend to stop eating the whole thing no matter how many servings they are supposed to make? Maybe because in the time I've lost 55 pounds, have done a lot of weight lifting, and have gotten visibly leaner you've lost 4 pounds and done chronic cardio? Maybe because you had a lot more weight to lose to begin with and still need to lose almost 100 pounds? Maybe because whatever you are eating is so unsatisfying to your body that you end up binging several times a week?

She doesn't want to hear about what I eat. Her doctor will take care of her pre-diabetes for her. Or she'll lose all the weight and solve that once and for all.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    UGH... someone on my FB feed is posting PAMPERED CHEF recipes, which even when I was not primal I found to be nasty (lets put ranch dressing, and processed cheese on a can of pillsbury dough and call it pizza.

This morning they posted this:
    You can't go wrong with a salad with this name, yum!

Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
    That sounds foul!

I will say though that one of my favorite baked Brie recipes is from Pampered Chef. Apples, dried cranberries and nuts. The only non-primal ingredient is a little brown sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    The funy thing is I bet they'd find my mom's waldorf salad too "high in fat" (apples, walnuts, celery, grapes, heavy whipped cream).
    Is it just whipped cream? No mayo? Sounds delish.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    You guys will love this one:

Aghast.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Far be it from me to cast aspersions on other fat people considering my own weight but if that's the kind of thing she's eating... goddamn. How do people come up with this stuff? Gah the idea of condensed milk sugar and mayo and vinegar turns my tummy.

WIChuck is offline Member
    Some of the other Sara recipes aren't that bad. Not Primal, but not all that terrible. The chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and sun-dried tomatoes aren't entirely awful, although the pork roast with a cup of brown sugar and a can of condensed orange juice makes me pretty sick.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I watched the video and thought that this was just sad.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I wanted to shake her and say, "It doesn't have to be this way."