Page 633 of 839 FirstFirst ... 133533583623631632633634635643683733 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 8389

Thread: Funny CW moments page 633

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Guilty here ... I love the sweet ones. Will take them over the dill any day! There's also a sweet relish that I found at the local grocery store that I'm in LOVE with. Ingredients are actually fairly good, which is how i first discovered them.

Anyway,

Had my own CW moment just now, as I was making my breakfast for tomorrow of fried rice. (rice/eggs) My roommate comes up to me as he's making his dinner and stares at the 4 eggs I have set out.

RM: Are you eating all those?
    Me: Yes.
    RM: All 4? With the yolks, or throwing them out?
    Me: Nope, they'll be going in as well. That's what this little bowl is for! (I heat them separately and lightly)
    RM: Wow. *Stares longingly at the eggs* Eggs are like my vice.
    Me: Well, they're good for you! (Fully knowing where this is going)
    RM: Me too, but I can only have one.
    Me: Yeah?
    RM: I mean, they have 60% of your daily cholesterol! *chuckle*
    Me: Ah right.

(I'm also trying to convince my 2nd roommate that eggs aren't bad for you and dietary cholesterol doesn't cause high cholesterol ... he's worried about his as it's "high" and is doing all the things that make me cry inside, like smart balance spread. After I told him, yes, i'm sure, and I eat 4 daily myself, it's making him go 'hmm')
    Ah, eggs.

My dad (who is on cholesterol pills and is oh-so-scared of the way I eat) gives me so much crap when he sees me eating omelets made with 5-8 whole eggs in coconut oil. He (and a lot of other folks, including some friends my own age) like to imply that the fact that I have a have a 20-year-old metabolism is the only reason I can eat so much of that arterycloggingsaturatedfat and cholesterol.

I've tried to make it clear that I know what I'm doing. They've all seen me go from over 330 pounds to a relatively muscular 210 (lost 100 pounds from conventional wisdom/low kcals/cardio, leaned out when implementing info from Mark and this forum).

But nope. All my hard work and logical choices can be explained by 'magic metabolism'.

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheIdolStevens View Post
    Ah, eggs.

My dad (who is on cholesterol pills and is oh-so-scared of the way I eat) gives me so much crap when he sees me eating omelets made with 5-8 whole eggs in coconut oil. He (and a lot of other folks, including some friends my own age) like to imply that the fact that I have a have a 20-year-old metabolism is the only reason I can eat so much of that arterycloggingsaturatedfat and cholesterol.

I've tried to make it clear that I know what I'm doing. They've all seen me go from over 330 pounds to a relatively muscular 210 (lost 100 pounds from conventional wisdom/low kcals/cardio, leaned out when implementing info from Mark and this forum).

But nope. All my hard work and logical choices can be explained by 'magic metabolism'.
    Parents are so frustrating. My Mum had a minor stroke. Of course the doctors were quick to blame fat for the stroke and informed her not to eat any fat. Even though she didn't exactly eat loads of fat anyway. But they are happily using a butter substitute cos apparently that is allowed by the doctor so its great (they never used butter really anyway and always had some minging spread but I think the doctor has managed to convince them that they were eating tonnes of the stuff). I've told them the whole sorry tale of how margarine is made and I lent my Dad "the great Cholesterol Con". He believed it but said that they still feel they had better follow what the doctors say. My Mum is terrified of my high fat diet. Even though it blatantly works they will only acknowledge that exercise is responsible - never diet.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    UGH... someone on my FB feed is posting PAMPERED CHEF recipes, which even when I was not primal I found to be nasty (lets put ranch dressing, and processed cheese on a can of pillsbury dough and call it pizza.

This morning they posted this:
    You can't go wrong with a salad with this name, yum!

Snickers Caramel Apple Salad

6 regular size Snickers Candy Bar
    6 apples I used Red Delicious... Granny Smith would also be great
    1 (5 oz.) package Vanilla Instant Pudding dry, do not prepare
    1/2 cup milk
    1 (12 oz.) tub cool whip
    1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping

Whisk vanilla pudding packet, 1/2 cup milk and cool whip together until well combined.
    Chop up apples and Snickers.
    Stir chopped apples and Snickers into pudding mixture.
    Place in a large bowl and drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.
    Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

It made my eggs come back up. Poor apples. What did they do to deserve a chemical bath? I posted that it was disgusting. People are addicted to crap.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ^^made my teeth hurt reading the recipe
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

GioMetry is offline Junior Member
    That just sounds disgusting. I (used to) like Snickers, I like apples. The rest just sounds nasty.
    ---
    F, 37, 5'7"

SW: 190 (Jan 2013)
    CW: 170.2 (3/20/13; 11 weeks; stalling a little now...Boo.)
    pregnant! - due Nov 2013
    GW: below 160, ideally below 150 - goals postponed to 2014

lowest adult weight: 145 (12/2007, low-fat, cardio-crazy)
    highest adult weight: around 200

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    That is gross! You want apples and chocolate get some nice organic dark chocolate and juicy red delicious organic apple. Why would someone need more?
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    LOL, the comments were all a bunch of women orgasming about how good that sounded.

I may go ahead and make up a fat free version of it for laughs and post the recipe. !!!111!!! ****fat free****!!!11!!!!11

The funy thing is I bet they'd find my mom's waldorf salad too "high in fat" (apples, walnuts, celery, grapes, heavy whipped cream).

dont forget the EXTRA fiber in that FF recipe!
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

The funy thing is I bet they'd find my mom's waldorf salad too "high in fat" (apples, walnuts, celery, grapes, heavy whipped cream).
    hold the nuts and it would be perfect for me, otherwise its just death salad. lol
    Karin

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    UGH... someone on my FB feed is posting PAMPERED CHEF recipes,

Snickers Caramel Apple Salad

6 regular size Snickers Candy Bar
    6 apples I used Red Delicious... Granny Smith would also be great
    1 (5 oz.) package Vanilla Instant Pudding dry, do not prepare
    1/2 cup milk
    1 (12 oz.) tub cool whip
    1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping.
    Thats...Thats just Sacrilege!
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/