Page 632 of 840 FirstFirst ... 132532582622630631632633634642682732 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 8395

Thread: Funny CW moments page 632

Shop Now
    My mother is pre-diabetic after having gestational diabetes in the past. She recently went to a diabetes class, where she was told to eat 180 grams of carbs per day. Luckily, she's been following along with me on my low-carb and now Primal diets, so she knew better. She asked them, "So, I can have 4-5 cans of regular Coke a day, as long as everything else is meat, and not spike my blood sugar?" They said, "Well, you'll want to space out your carbs through the day so you don't have too many at once." So I guess that means you can have those 5 cans of Coke, as long as you only drink one every 3 hours.
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf View Post
    Also they add lot of sugar for the taste. I personally hate when stuff that is not supposed to be dessert tastes very sweet (ketchup, all kind of marinates and bbq sauces, some can even mess up pickles with too much sugar)
    Agree, I've never liked sweet sauces on meats, hate bbq and teriyaki, can't stand sweet pickles or relish, really hate Miracle Whip, I call it Miracle Wipe, tons of hfcs in it. And currently it's near impossible to find a bottled or canned tomato sauce without sugar in it... for pizza sauce or chili base, not for pasta, but I'm pretty much resigned to just buying tomato paste and making my own sauce. My mom never put sugar in her spaghetti sauce so I never liked the overly sweet canned tomato pastas... so disgusting.

And those diabetic diets recommending 200g carbs a day sound like a recipe for death, and avoiding coconut and butter makes NO sense. Some of the CW "advice" is really really sad and depressing, and so misguided it's pretty much recommending the WORST possible diet for the disease :/

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Oh god, sweet pickles are THE WORST. I can't stand it. I love a sharp dill pickle and am forever disappointed to experience one that has been sweetened. Blech.

Most BBQ sauces seem sweet, I'd prefer them to be spicy, but is impossible to find them and the ones I make never come out good.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf View Post
    Not that funny but still...

In my country they are right now selecting best food products of the year. They have several categories, but they are all products (so it is not like an apple or cauliflower could win "fruits and vegetables" category lol ) Anyway lately seems people in our country are reading labels like hawks and trying to make better choices, many producers are avoiding artifical e-subjects etc. For example best baked goods chosen where covered with all sorts of seeds inside and out, meat products had very high contents of actual meat in them and so on. That is the good part

but they are not totally there yet - best meat product was some marinated chicken breasts (which I believe can be quite good) but the main emphasis was that it was basically fat free and the lady introducing it acted really happy when saying these words FAT FREE.

Product that won veggies category was sauerkraut in the jar (baked) and the main reason it won was that that kind of sauerkraut are usually prepared with pork or pork fat, but in this jar all the bad fat is replaced with canola oil (again the lady had blessed smile on her face saying that). Also they add lot of sugar for the taste. I personally hate when stuff that is not supposed to be dessert tastes very sweet (ketchup, all kind of marinates and bbq sauces, some can even mess up pickles with too much sugar)
    Whoah, that sounds awesome, do you have a recipe for sauerkraut with pork/pork fat?
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Oh god, sweet pickles are THE WORST. I can't stand it. I love a sharp dill pickle and am forever disappointed to experience one that has been sweetened. Blech.
    I!!!! KNOW!!!!!! WHO EATS THEM!?? WHO????? EATS????????? THEM!!!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!

At my grocery store they are shelved at EYE LEVEL and all the normal dill-style pickles are toward the FLOOR. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!??

I mean i've had some asian style pickled vegetables that are a little sweet, but usually it is sweet on top of a savory/umami base, or a salty/sweet/sour. But western style "bread and butter" pickles!!?? GAH!!!!!!!
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I!!!! KNOW!!!!!! WHO EATS THEM!?? WHO????? EATS????????? THEM!!!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!
    Guilty here ... I love the sweet ones. Will take them over the dill any day! There's also a sweet relish that I found at the local grocery store that I'm in LOVE with. Ingredients are actually fairly good, which is how i first discovered them.

Anyway,

Had my own CW moment just now, as I was making my breakfast for tomorrow of fried rice. (rice/eggs) My roommate comes up to me as he's making his dinner and stares at the 4 eggs I have set out.

RM: Are you eating all those?
    Me: Yes.
    RM: All 4? With the yolks, or throwing them out?
    Me: Nope, they'll be going in as well. That's what this little bowl is for! (I heat them separately and lightly)
    RM: Wow. *Stares longingly at the eggs* Eggs are like my vice.
    Me: Well, they're good for you! (Fully knowing where this is going)
    RM: Me too, but I can only have one.
    Me: Yeah?
    RM: I mean, they have 60% of your daily cholesterol! *chuckle*
    Me: Ah right.

(I'm also trying to convince my 2nd roommate that eggs aren't bad for you and dietary cholesterol doesn't cause high cholesterol ... he's worried about his as it's "high" and is doing all the things that make me cry inside, like smart balance spread. After I told him, yes, i'm sure, and I eat 4 daily myself, it's making him go 'hmm')

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    sweet gerkins diced in tuna, bread and butter chips by ham, turkey deli meats, dills on burger patties

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    If you want a good BBQ sauce that you can make yourself, use tomato paste, roasted garlic, jalapeņos, molasses/honey; cayenne, lemon juice or lime juice, and throw a smoked ham hock in there for smokiness. I think I'm forgetting something but that's the just of it.
    making a note of this
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

whitewolf is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Whoah, that sounds awesome, do you have a recipe for sauerkraut with pork/pork fat?
    Basically put only sauerkraut with little pork or fat in a pot and bake in the oven about 1 hour. More the fat the better. Actually it is really simple, but I manage to mess them up every time (really do not know how) that's why I would love to buy some at grocery store all ready in the jar. But they are all too sweet. My mother in law makes it really good though

tcdc135 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Then you'd be making people healthy and working yourself out of a job.
    Must stop reading and comment here...I started reading this thread about a week ago...I am on pg 414 of 633...and I will be sad when it ends! On a daily basis I have several *facepalm* moments with patients (I am a DC) and not 5 minutes ago I had a patient tell me, almost word for word the above quote. If she would cut out her bread and crackers (but they are whole wheat!), she would feel so much better, then she wouldn't need to come see me as much! And "how could she ever live without her wheat thins"! Tried to explain...my ultimate goal here is that you feel GOOD! If she feels good she will send more people...Oh.... I am so glad it is Friday...

tcdc135 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    Yeah, but they would take chickens for payment after putting the leeches to you! Now that's health care, baby!
    Wow! 2 posts from me in 1 day! I don't do leeches....but We do trade out for fresh organic chickens, eggs, grass feed beef in our office! And I have a hog farmer/patient that will not use "poisons" on/in our hog! Yes...I love living in a small Ks town!

Also..kind of a CW moment...last guy just left, he has an acute upper resp infection, has been sick since the end of Jan. Funny, or not, that's the same time his wife put him on a diet, yep you guessed it low fat, CW crap....and he is double mad cause he also get his flu shot this year. 2 *facepalms* with one comment.....AAHHHH!!!!! I had no words for him....just gonna be one of those Fridays.....