Page 631 of 901 FirstFirst ... 131531581621629630631632633641681731 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 9004

Thread: Funny CW moments page 631

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Guys, this is not a CW moment but I just had to share. You know I'm getting one!!!

Powered By Bacon T-Shirt by telepathicfrog

Strange. I'm right on the borderline of being a supertaster, but I don't find fatty foods distasteful at all. I find spicy foods or really strong flavors distasteful, because they completely overwhelm my taste buds. But things like cream and butter have a pretty mild taste and I think they're wonderful. Of course, so do bread, chicken fingers, and french fries. I'm definitely not leaner than the general population (but I'm working on it).

Maybe they mean people who are sensitive to texture or "mouth-feel"? I know plenty of people who won't drink cream because they hate the heavy, coats-your-mouth feeling of it. But that has nothing to do with the flavor at all. I think Yahoo is confused.
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

VADogWalker is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    Just saw a Facebook post that made me immediately think of this thread. A friend posted a picture of a banana trifle... with no actual bananas in it. "Fat free/sugar free pudding and topping...only naughty part is the angel food cake!"

Baffling, and also kinda gross.
    This reminds me of some of the drek that HungryGirl promotes. "Fat Free cream cheese mixed with fat free cool whip and artificial sweetener AND you can eat the whole thing for under 100 calories! Squeeee!"

I subscribe to her Facebook updates so I can interlope her status updates and post things like "I can't believe you people actually eat this stuff. You're so "hungry" because you're eating total garbage. At least you'll know who to blame your tumors on in 20 years.". Thirty people respond back with things like "I love her stuff! Her "food" changed my life and I own all her cookbooks WHHAAAAAA!!!!!". It's even more entertaining when HungryGirl herself gets in on the action and interjects with "If you are a whole foods person why are you on this page? I am about "real life" and if you don't agree please UNLIKE my page". God Forbid someone share a differing opiniion. It's entertaining for me.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VADogWalker View Post
    This reminds me of some of the drek that HungryGirl promotes. "Fat Free cream cheese mixed with fat free cool whip and artificial sweetener AND you can eat the whole thing for under 100 calories! Squeeee!"

I subscribe to her Facebook updates so I can interlope her status updates and post things like "I can't believe you people actually eat this stuff. You're so "hungry" because you're eating total garbage. At least you'll know who to blame your tumors on in 20 years.". Thirty people respond back with things like "I love her stuff! Her "food" changed my life and I own all her cookbooks WHHAAAAAA!!!!!". It's even more entertaining when HungryGirl herself gets in on the action and interjects with "If you are a whole foods person why are you on this page? I am about "real life" and if you don't agree please UNLIKE my page". God Forbid someone share a differing opiniion. It's entertaining for me.
    You are a good troll.

VADogWalker is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    I'm totally going to go "like" the HungryGirl page now just so I can get in on the fun. :P I'll back you up!
    SWEET!!! I like trolling as a team

newbieiniowa is offline Junior Member
    I work at a hospital, and there is a Weight Watchers at Work program that many of the staff are required to participate in for insurance discount purposes. Watching them try to figure that a 1 square inch of piece of cake or one slice of the personal sized pizza is only 4 points, or those awful looking "Weight Watchers" brand brownies that they bring and brag that they can eat, makes me laugh! Then they see me with my meat and veggies and say, "Oh you always eat so healthy!". Yes, and I don't have to participate in weight loss programs because..? Hmm maybe someday they will figure it out. SMH.

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys!
    Long time creeper (especially on this thread LOL), first time poster.

I checked out that Hungry Girl Facebook and found the comments on her posts absolutely hilarious. Sure, she's posting for people who live in the real world, but I live in the real world, too. I would prefer to eat real food.

In the comments for the ZOMG 40 KCALS LESS YOLK FREE MCDONALDS SANDWICH, one person said "Finally something sensible! I haven't been there since my quadruple bypass surgery in August!"
    Please tell me that it's one of you guys elaborately trolling. For the love of Grok, please tell me that is a troll.

Anyway, I once typed up a list of all my funny CW moments to post on here, I'll try to edit this post with my best ones as soon as I find it.

whitewolf is offline Junior Member
    Not that funny but still...

In my country they are right now selecting best food products of the year. They have several categories, but they are all products (so it is not like an apple or cauliflower could win "fruits and vegetables" category lol ) Anyway lately seems people in our country are reading labels like hawks and trying to make better choices, many producers are avoiding artifical e-subjects etc. For example best baked goods chosen where covered with all sorts of seeds inside and out, meat products had very high contents of actual meat in them and so on. That is the good part

but they are not totally there yet - best meat product was some marinated chicken breasts (which I believe can be quite good) but the main emphasis was that it was basically fat free and the lady introducing it acted really happy when saying these words FAT FREE.

Product that won veggies category was sauerkraut in the jar (baked) and the main reason it won was that that kind of sauerkraut are usually prepared with pork or pork fat, but in this jar all the bad fat is replaced with canola oil (again the lady had blessed smile on her face saying that). Also they add lot of sugar for the taste. I personally hate when stuff that is not supposed to be dessert tastes very sweet (ketchup, all kind of marinates and bbq sauces, some can even mess up pickles with too much sugar)

Jeri is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljphalen View Post
    I worked at Quizno's, and they don't do this. Still think it's gross food, but they never soaked anything in water.
    I watched them wring my meat out one day, you tell me what it was soaking in then. Yuck!!!

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had gestational diabetes when pregnant and had to go to a diabetes class to learn how to eat correctly.
    For the most part it was ok... That is until we were all told that we should avoid coconut oil and butter at all cost and stick with liquid vegetable oil.

Then after trying to teach everyone portion control with carbs, we get handed our meal plan sheets. Mine said I should get around 200 g of carbs a day. WHA????
    I just stuck with primal eating. I had to severely restrict my carbs to around 50 a day or else my blood sugar would've gone crazy. My daughter was born at a perfectly normal weight of 7lbs 5oz. I can't even imagine how big she would've been or the damage I could've done if I had followed their meal plan.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure