Page 630 of 901 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630631632640680730 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 9007

Thread: Funny CW moments page 630

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    My cousin is a very smart lady. Just wrapped up her thesis for a masters in clinical nursing. Currently an ER nurse. Hard working, super smart lady.

And yet.

We were in a nostalgia candy store (5th avenues, moon pies, jawbreakers, etc) and found this particular item that was like a neopolitan pressed coconut bar. So basically just tons of coconut compacted into a wide slim bar, highly sugared and flavored/dyed into strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. She totally wanted one, but then she said:

I shouldn't have this, coconut is so bad for you.

Me: *pausing, furiously thinking, is this worth getting into, especially with a medical professional?* then: Why is coconut bad for you?

Cousin: Because it's so high in fat.
    Me: I don't subscribe to the theory that fat is bad for you. If anything about it is bad for you, it's the HFCS and chemical dye.
    Cousin: *blank stare*

So she did end up buying it and enjoying it and then later bemoaned the high fat content of it. I honestly wanted to punch something.
    This story makes me want to cry. Seriously, even if you do believe saturated fat in coconut is bad for you, for a health professional these days to not even think of the sugar content...no offense to your cousin, it was her educators that failed her, but it's just inexcusible.

I can't figure out how Subway gets away with "Eat Fresh!" Their hot food is microwaved, isn't it? In what universe is that fresh?

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    (I explain that I am steadily losing 2 lbs a week)
    Friend: "Reducing carbs and stuff works, but you'll gain it all back when you go back to eating normally."
    Me: "That's true of any diet, though -- even WW. If you go back to eating what you ate befoure, you'll gain weight."
    Friend (shocked): "So you're going to do this forever?!"

I've been eating bacon and eggs for lunch every day, mind you. Yeah, I'm really suffering.
    This.
    I have experienced this exact thing.
    So well put. Exactly how it feels to be eating primally.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by PBNewby; 03-22-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    It's so weird how people seem to think we're suffering. I tell them 'no thanks' when I'm offered a sandwich or something, and they look at me with a really sad expression as if I'm missing out on the best things life has to offer.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    It's so weird how people seem to think we're suffering. I tell them 'no thanks' when I'm offered a sandwich or something, and they look at me with a really sad expression as if I'm missing out on the best things life has to offer.
    Visited my in laws last night, it was her Dad's birthday. Traditionally the whole family visit and they get Chinese takeaway. This was my first time at this event and I made myself butter chicken to bring around. The consensus from some appears to be that I was missing out when it was painfully obvious that the food I brought was tastier by a long way than anything they had!

I honesty think people are threatened by us folk who make the better choices.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    I was at a birthday party over the weekend. I overheard a couple of guests talking:

Woman 1: "The mashed potatoes you make are so good. I'd just dip bread into them!"
    Woman 2: "Ohhh, I love bread!"
    Man: "Me too. I'm a bread guy. I'll eat a ton of bread and pasta together."

All of these people were significantly overweight.

My town is holding a weight loss contest that I entered to get myself back on track after a couple months off the wagon. The "health coordinator" of my town sends every contestant emails with tips, recipes, etc. Here's what she sent in her latest email:

33 Healthier Breakfast Alternatives | Greatist

Almost all of the alternatives are just homemade versions of processed crap.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Just saw a Facebook post that made me immediately think of this thread. A friend posted a picture of a banana trifle... with no actual bananas in it. "Fat free/sugar free pudding and topping...only naughty part is the angel food cake!"

Baffling, and also kinda gross.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    This story makes me want to cry. Seriously, even if you do believe saturated fat in coconut is bad for you, for a health professional these days to not even think of the sugar content...no offense to your cousin, it was her educators that failed her, but it's just inexcusible.
    I know. I guess I could excuse it as her being dumb if it was just her, but of course it is a super common theme among medical professionals in my experience. :*( I mean FFS we were in a nostalgia candy store, it wasn't exactly the bastion of health to begin with, being a store that sells chemicals and sugar dyed and molded into digestible(?) product. :P But for everything there, for her to pick out the coconut as bad and "fattening" ahhhh I wanted to punch and cry and sigh all at once.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Just reading an article on Yahoo about a sub-group of people called "Super Tasters" who have extremely sensitive taste buds. I quote:

On the positive side, supertasters tend to be leaner than the general population, possibly because they often find fatty foods distasteful
    Argh!
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

johnmjoy is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Just reading an article on Yahoo about a sub-group of people called "Super Tasters" who have extremely sensitive taste buds.
    I thought the supertasters were the ones that didn't like broccoli.