Page 629 of 873 FirstFirst ... 129529579619627628629630631639679729 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 8727

Thread: Funny CW moments page 629

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My Mum telling me about her new doctor: "He seemed happy to carry on giving me the same pills."

What a testimonial.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ^^Hmmm I heear cash registers ringing...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Right so I caught a look at the nutritional advice sheet given to a family member newly diagnosed with diabetes...guess what was recommended..wait for it..A LOW FAT DIET and the advice that "starch should make up the majority of your intake".

WAIL!!!!

Amongst the "foods to avoid" were avocado, coconut and (this one is really stupid) CAVIAR (presumably because of those TERRIBLE fattening fish oils)! Fake spreads and dairy substitutes were advocated but CAVIAR IS EVIL. What made me laugh is - who actually eats enough caviar to worry about avoiding it even if it WERE bad for you!? Maybe the Queen does but most people don't.

Eggs were also severely restricted. I thought even CW people knew that eggs were healthy and I thought avocados had been redeemed ages ago?! I thought CW loves mono and vitamin E. WTF.

I am saddened really because I don't want the person in question to a) feel miserable about their predicament and feel they are limited to joyless bird food and b) die

AvatarAbe is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecatz View Post
    Eggs were also severely restricted. I thought even CW people knew that eggs were healthy and I thought avocados had been redeemed ages ago?! I thought CW loves mono and vitamin E. WTF.
    Yeah, I'm surprised at avocado, which CW seems to hold up as the King of the Good Fats. Eggs though, tend to still be demonized. Just yesterday, I had a friend (the same one in all my funny CW stories lol) freak out when I said that I had three eggs for breakfast because "that's a TON of cholesterol, be careful!"

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    CAVIAR (presumably because of those TERRIBLE fattening fish oils)! Fake spreads and dairy substitutes were advocated but CAVIAR IS EVIL
    That seems very random. Like telling people to really restrict their Fois Gras intake.
    If your friend is depressed....turn them on to Primal.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    My cousin is a very smart lady. Just wrapped up her thesis for a masters in clinical nursing. Currently an ER nurse. Hard working, super smart lady.

And yet.

We were in a nostalgia candy store (5th avenues, moon pies, jawbreakers, etc) and found this particular item that was like a neopolitan pressed coconut bar. So basically just tons of coconut compacted into a wide slim bar, highly sugared and flavored/dyed into strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. She totally wanted one, but then she said:

I shouldn't have this, coconut is so bad for you.

Me: *pausing, furiously thinking, is this worth getting into, especially with a medical professional?* then: Why is coconut bad for you?

Cousin: Because it's so high in fat.
    Me: I don't subscribe to the theory that fat is bad for you. If anything about it is bad for you, it's the HFCS and chemical dye.
    Cousin: *blank stare*

So she did end up buying it and enjoying it and then later bemoaned the high fat content of it. I honestly wanted to punch something.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    The gym where I most often work out just closed for a bit to be totally overhauled inside. I checked it out this morning and was trying to figure out where they moved all the heavy weight stuff, like the platform for Romanian Deadlifts, etc. Gone. But there's tons more cardio and exercise balls. One of the trainers I know there was like "I dunno, people wanted more machines, I guess." I just wanted (and told them beforehand) some more places for squats and deadlifts. Eh.

At least there's a lot more open space so I can drag some heavy weights over and set up a circuit that should terrify the grandmas doing crunches.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Status Updates like these:
    $5 footlong and a Coke Zero - eat fresh!
    with several "likes" and comments like "I love subway so much, I'm eating there every day until my maternity leave"

*facepalm* I've always thought Subway was gross (low quality ingredients) and didn't have enough meat.. and the vegetables available are neither a good selection, nor particularly fresh... the smell of their bread baking is just disgusting to me (and your average joe seems to think it smells SO YUMMY - ew!)

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    Status Updates like these:
    $5 footlong and a Coke Zero - eat fresh!
    with several "likes" and comments like "I love subway so much, I'm eating there every day until my maternity leave"

*facepalm* I've always thought Subway was gross (low quality ingredients) and didn't have enough meat.. and the vegetables available are neither a good selection, nor particularly fresh... the smell of their bread baking is just disgusting to me (and your average joe seems to think it smells SO YUMMY - ew!)
    SERIOUSLY. even when I ate bread, I thought their bread was chalky, tasteless, and gross.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Ljphalen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
    I also don't like Quiznos, they keep their meat soaking in water to keep it warm and my bread always ended up soggy, can you imagine putting that in a salad? yuck.
    I worked at Quizno's, and they don't do this. Still think it's gross food, but they never soaked anything in water.