Page 628 of 900 FirstFirst ... 128528578618626627628629630638678728 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,280 of 8991

Thread: Funny CW moments page 628

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    On the news this morning:

McDonalds is rolling out a "healthier" (according to CBS) egg McMuffin - they ditched the yolk and the english muffin is now whole grain. The canadian bacon will also be extra lean.

So now it will not only BE crap, but it will TASTE like crap, too.

Seriously, that's just pathetic.

CBS News - McDonalds Introduces the "Egg White Delight" Yolk-Free Egg McMuffin
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    If only they would offer a double yolk version! (I know, they are probably pouring it out of a carton, not cracking an egg. Still, one could dream.) I have eaten those in a pinch (tossing the muffin) and egg, Canadian bacon, with cheese is a nice little on-the-road snack.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Sabine... true that!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    If only they would offer a double yolk version! (I know, they are probably pouring it out of a carton, not cracking an egg. .
    My mom worked for MD's for a while and said that (at the time anyways-about 6 years ago) they actually used real eggs
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    My mom worked for MD's for a while and said that (at the time anyways-about 6 years ago) they actually used real eggs
    They use cracked eggs for the McMuffins (the "grill poached" eggs where there's actually a yolk and a white), but liquid or powdered eggs for everything else (liquid vs. powdered depends on the type of egg/sandwich, and I can't remember right now).

I've always preferred the McD's mcmuffin eggs over any other fast food breakfast eggs...

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    right. okay. 3 kinds of McD's eggs - Cracked Egg, Scrambled Eggs, and Folded Eggs - and that's the order of preference in which I'd eat them (ingredients below):

Egg
    Allergens: EGG, SOY LECITHIN
    USDA Grade A Eggs.

CONTAINS: EGG.

Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color).
    CONTAINS: SOY LECITHIN.

Scrambled Eggs
    Allergens: EGG, SOY LECITHIN
    Pasteurized whole eggs with sodium phosphate, citric acid and monosodium phosphate (added to preserve color), nisin preparation (preservative).

CONTAINS: EGG.

Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid soybean oil and hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oils, water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, soy lecithin, mono-and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color).

Folded Egg
    Allergens: EGG, SOY LECITHIN, SOY LECITHIN
    Pasteurized Whole Eggs, Modified Food Starch, Soybean Oil, Natural Flavors (Plant Source), Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Carrageenan, Flavor Enhancer (Salt, Maltodextrin, Natural Flavor [Plant Source], Spices, Herb, Turmeric [Color]), Monosodium Phosphate, Citric Acid, Soy Lecithin.

CONTAINS: EGG, SOY LECITHIN.

Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid Soybean Oil and Hydrogenated Cottonseed and Soybean Oils, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta Carotene (Color).

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Two things happened today that made me struggle to keep my mouth shut.

1) At Starbucks as I waited for my chai latte (made with cream) to be made, a woman's order came out: "iced caramel macchiato, extra caramel". The woman asked, "Nonfat milk, right? And double the caramel?"

2) Overhearing a coworker telling another coworker that she's no longer eating "unhealthy garbage"; instead she purchased a meal replacement powder she's drinking twice daily.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    So now it will not only BE crap, but it will TASTE like crap, too.
    LOL.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

GioMetry is offline Junior Member
    My in-laws are visiting and they told me about the "healthier" McD's breakfast as well. :eyeroll:

They are here for less than four days and brought two 12 (24?) packs of pepsi and diet pepsi. Seems like that's all they're drinking. Mind you, they have a ton of health problems. Diabetes, etc.
    What did they also bring? 6 donuts, I guess for breakfast today. Wow.

Oh, but they congratulated me on sticking to my new "diet". Not a diet, people. Haha.
    I'm just venting, they are nice, but very stuck in CW.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    (After a coworker asked why I wasn't eating the bread that came with my salad and I briefly explained that i don't eat bread and a tiny bit about why)

Him: We'll what do you do for peanut butter and jelly?
    Me: I don't eat it.
    Him: What are you, a communist?!?
    Panera has a new "hidden menu" with Primal menu items!!!! Lunch was awesome!
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II