Page 626 of 878 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628636676726 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 8774

Thread: Funny CW moments page 626

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Having Paleo/Primal called a "diet"... whilst I sat there eating TWO 150g burgers (made with butter and fatty mince, of course), two rashers of raw bacon, 100g of cheese and a banana. I'm restricting myself so much, poor me.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Hell, I don't remember where I saw it, but some insurer offered a free coupon for a Happy Meal if you got your kid vaccinated.
    my kids doctor gives coupons to Applebees.. a slightly better choice
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annierobic View Post
    Did ay one else get a letter from their health insurance co (Anthem Blue Cross) stating they wanted to help you eat healthy? Included were coupons for highly processed diet food made with grains. There was one coupon good for fresh produce...but you had to purchase cereal to make the offer good.
    Id just buy some plain granola or unsugared cereal and put it in my birdfeeder ;D
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

I'm home sick (I thought Primal was going to make me invincible?!), and I've been watching a lot of bad TV on the couch. The commercials during the day are all for injury lawyers, Life Alert, and questionable diet products. My favorite so far is a diet bar called Slimfull. The chipper skinny girl says something like, "Losing weight is no secret. You eat less, you lose weight! It's a great plan, until you get hungry. Then there's Slimfull.... Eating less is a beautiful thing!" Riiiiiight. If I ate one of those shitty chemical bars every day, MAYBE I would feel full enough to eat less actual food... but who says eating less food will necessarily make me lose weight? Why is that just assumed to be true? Millions of Americans are practically starving themselves on small amounts of low-calorie, low-nutrition, low-taste diets and not losing weight... How does it help to tell them to eat even less?! NO soda and NO packaged chemical crap, but MORE bacon! MORE butter! Food is not created equal -- it does matter WHAT that food is. Arghhhhh...

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Id just buy some plain granola or unsugared cereal and put it in my birdfeeder ;D
    love this idea
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    The commercials during the day are all for injury lawyers, Life Alert, and questionable diet products.
    I was thinking the same thing last night, actually, watching reruns of something on We TV, which is geared toward women. More than half the commercials were for diet products, diet plans, or diet websites. "I weighed a thousand pounds until I found this diet!" "Just eat this bar of chemicals and soy glue every day and you'll lose all that weight and be beautiful like the paid model spokeswoman!" "Sprinkle this crap on your food, interfere with your basic bodily functions, and you'll be skinny! Just ignore the anal leakage!" Are we really the only ones that see something wrong with this?

Oh, and my particular favorite recently is that Bunheads, an ABC family show about skinny little ballerinas, is sponsored by Weight Watchers. "Watch the show and feel bad about yourself because you're bigger than these professional dancers? Join Weight Watchers, you fat slob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    Food is not created equal -- it does matter WHAT that food is. Arghhhhh...
    Don't be silly! A calorie is a calorie is a calorie! Everyone knows that!
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    eHEMhemherm

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    - After the public workout the show gifted everyone who attended Subway gift cards. I mean, yeah, I suppose it could be worse but I feel Subway is one of those places that has somewhat of a false 'health halo.'
    I stopped liking Subway even before getting into Paleo. What finally turned me off completely about Subway was the "chicken" patties - super homogenized bird parts a la McNuggets style... and tasteless, yuck. And their super homogenized "egg" patties for the breakfast sandwiches, which in a recent rating actually had the MOST added/artificial ingredients of several comparable fast food chains: Before You Eat That Breakfast Sandwich, Read This - Forbes
    Gross. Not to mention the way-too-thin bacon... everything there is pre-made somewhere else and shipped frozen from far away, except the bread, which I don't want, so zero reason to eat there. My SO still likes it but I would rather not go at all; it's possible to get a salad version of each sandwich but it's still all overly processed scary pre-packaged meats with craptastic dressings :/ The only notable thing about Subway is that it introduces more veggies into peoples' SAD diets than they might otherwise intake.

I'd rather go to the local skanky taco shack and get carnitas (comes with pico de gallo and guacamole topping) and lengua (comes with chopped onion and cilantro topping) - freaking delicious - far more than any item at Subway, paleo friendly besides the tortilla, and way less processed / artificial stuff.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpeppersauce View Post
    "Sprinkle this crap on your food, interfere with your basic bodily functions, and you'll be skinny! Just ignore the anal leakage!" "Watch the show and feel bad about yourself because you're bigger than these professional dancers? Join Weight Watchers, you fat slob!"
    lmfao

my mom and my sister still intend to do weight watchers and I'm just like /facepalm ><

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    LOL, Subway. I don't think I really want to look like Jared, thanks.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!