Page 624 of 840 FirstFirst ... 124524574614622623624625626634674724 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 8397

Thread: Funny CW moments page 624

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    speaking of bulletproof coffee (currently in my travel mug on my desk - nobody knows there's butter in it!)... someone who always comments on how "strange" my lunch is (because I have things like avocados, hard-boiled eggs, carrots, apples, etc. instead of a sandwich) had NO CLUE that sugar was addictive... I'll give her a break 'cause she's in high school, but... c'mon, what are they teaching kids these days!?
    When I was in high school they told us that sperm could get through the 'pores' in condoms. Needless to say this was during the abstinence only programs of the Bush Era.
    So as sad as it is, the way I see it...if the horrible truth about sugar is the only huge gap in health knowledge for kids in school now, it's at least a step in the right direction.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    And lick the knife after you cut the pat of butter!
    I used to put heavy whipping cream in my coffee long ago, back when I was able to drink coffee. I prefer to eat my butter straight, savoring it like a piece of cheese, in tiny bites.

KatieCHI is offline Member
    Overheard in the Y:
    "I'm just going to run until I lose 5 pounds."

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    The gentleman who orders supplies for my office building just showed me a cabinet full of sugar in the breakroom. Literally, an entire cabinet of canisters of white sugar for employees to use in their coffee.

I asked him "We have all that sugar, but not a single grain of salt?"

His response: "I'm not allowed to order salt. H.R. says it isn't good for you."

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    The gentleman who orders supplies for my office building just showed me a cabinet full of sugar in the breakroom. Literally, an entire cabinet of canisters of white sugar for employees to use in their coffee.

I asked him "We have all that sugar, but not a single grain of salt?"

wow. Just... wow.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    That is criminal

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    wow. Just... wow.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s-piper View Post
    Most Chinese people are thin?
    That's news to the World Health Organzation:
    Reporter's Notebook: Obesity on the Rise in China | PBS NewsHour
    In China, obesity becomes a problem that?s foreign to survivors of its great famine - Washington Post

No the problem isn't nearly as bad as in the USA and certain other Western countries, but it's also been a problem in those countries longer. We have a 'head start' as it were, but China is in no way proving immune to the diseases that come with having cheap, processed food readily available.
    Yes, most Chinese people are thin. They are just now being spoiled by the slew of Western technologies that is slowly ruining the culture.

I believe in early eating and digestion. Your body needs to repair itself during sleep when it's not getting overworked by what you just ate.

I don't practice what I preach though I need to stop gaming.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I have been assured by a vegan that the Chinese people are "effectively vegan" because those who couldn't afford to eat meat on any given day are as vegan as any American vegan.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I have been assured by a vegan that the Chinese people are "effectively vegan" because those who couldn't afford to eat meat on any given day are as vegan as any American vegan.
    LOL

And I'm assured by an actual Chinese person that they most definitely are not vegan!
    He's a first generation American Chinese, but he visits his family members still in China with some frequency.
    Yeah, NOT vegan...

And does that mean that I'm "effectively vegan" for the period of time that I abstain from meat on any given day...
    I IF, so this could make me "effectively vegan" most of the time.

Also, I have a vegan friend... I may have to use this one next time she gets preachy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    The gentleman who orders supplies for my office building just showed me a cabinet full of sugar...

I asked him, "We have all that sugar, but not a single grain of salt?"

Show him and HR this: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/ma...anted=all&_r=0