Page 623 of 880 FirstFirst ... 123523573613621622623624625633673723 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 8800

Thread: Funny CW moments page 623

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Are there any agreements? Or at the very least, are there any "Show me the proof/science"? Or are they all just regurgitations of what they know/think to be true based off of biased reports and thoughts on the matter?

I mean, these are probably the people that think that metabolism only speeds up during exercise and slows back down when you're done; The people that think that your body can't expend as much or even MORE energy when dormant. Funny people.

There's got to be a reason why I feel the hottest at night, even with fans blowing and covers off. My body is shut-off, right? So I should be colder and not burning anything, and getting fatter...
    Last edited by vtphoenix; 02-28-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    YKYPW...

Friend: "...so I agreed to participate in the trial, but then I found you have to fast before the blood tests!"
    Me: "Oh, how long for?"
    Friend: "Well, the tests are mid-morning, and you can't have any breakfast!!!"
    Me: ""

...but then I realise that a few short years ago, the thought of not having breakfast within 20 minutes of getting up would have been a source of panic for me, too. I'd actually completely forgotten what it was like to be anxious about having to miss a meal.

Colloid is offline Junior Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by xlanochka View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of agreements.

And also a few rebuttals:

--Studies have shown that eating at night increases weight - this is one of the reasons that most Chinese are thin as they usually have dinner by 6 PM local time...

LOL.
    Yup! ) (that's funny right there)
    China geographically spans five different time zones, Since 1949 all of China has only had a single standard time. (UTC + 0800)

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Most Chinese people are thin?
    That's news to the World Health Organzation:
    Reporter's Notebook: Obesity on the Rise in China | PBS NewsHour
    In China, obesity becomes a problem that?s foreign to survivors of its great famine - Washington Post

No the problem isn't nearly as bad as in the USA and certain other Western countries, but it's also been a problem in those countries longer. We have a 'head start' as it were, but China is in no way proving immune to the diseases that come with having cheap, processed food readily available.

Jeri is offline Member
    My husband read this quote on facebook, not sure who originally said it.

I am a second hand vegetarian, cow eats grass, I eat cow.

Love it, this is me

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    I just grossed everyone out in the office by having a Bullet proof coffee for the first time..yum. typically they all said it will make me fat. wise words from the lot of em who drink diet coke all day ( and are all over weight)
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    I have a nasty habit of trying to sneak the butter into my bullet proof coffee because I know what all the WW ladies will say if they see me do it! "you're clogging your arteries!" "that is so gross!"

but I have a response ready if someone catches me... Its like cream only better! Hot buttered coffee!

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    I have a nasty habit of trying to sneak the butter into my bullet proof coffee because I know what all the WW ladies will say if they see me do it! "you're clogging your arteries!" "that is so gross!"

but I have a response ready if someone catches me... Its like cream only better! Hot buttered coffee!
    Don't sneak it in..do it in full view and drink it with a huge smile on your face...
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    speaking of bulletproof coffee (currently in my travel mug on my desk - nobody knows there's butter in it!)... someone who always comments on how "strange" my lunch is (because I have things like avocados, hard-boiled eggs, carrots, apples, etc. instead of a sandwich) had NO CLUE that sugar was addictive... I'll give her a break 'cause she's in high school, but... c'mon, what are they teaching kids these days!?

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Seekins View Post
    Don't sneak it in..do it in full view and drink it with a huge smile on your face...
    And lick the knife after you cut the pat of butter!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!