Page 622 of 882 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624632672722 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 8819

Thread: Funny CW moments page 622

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Funny Story: I was looking up recipes on the internet and I ran across a cauliflower mac and cheese recipe promising to slash the calories and carbs. And I was all aawwwwwesome, I have alot of cheese I need to get rid of, and yay cauliflower instead o gluten!
    I look at the recipe and see "whole wheat pasta" in the ingredients list.
    *first facepalm*
    So instead of using the cauliflower as a pasta substitute as I supposed, they used it to substitute the milk/bechamel sauce part.

*second facepalm*

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    Funny Story: I was looking up recipes on the internet and I ran across a cauliflower mac and cheese recipe promising to slash the calories and carbs. And I was all aawwwwwesome, I have alot of cheese I need to get rid of, and yay cauliflower instead o gluten!
    I look at the recipe and see "whole wheat pasta" in the ingredients list.
    *first facepalm*
    So instead of using the cauliflower as a pasta substitute as I supposed, they used it to substitute the milk/bechamel sauce part.

*second facepalm*
    "Cauliflower cheese" is a traditional British dish...

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Went to a wedding on Saturday, a waitress came round shouted my name and handed me a 'gluten free roll', I decided not to eat it, so another guy on my table asked if he could have it, to which I was more than happy to, he then put some kind of spread/marg/butter, (couldn't tell you what it was, but it was yellow(ish) onto the roll and the roll disolved into a sort of pulp on his plate, what made me laugh was that he still ate it!

Cheers

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I was at a divey burger bar this weekend that specifically advertised a "diet" burger with the only difference that it came with no bun. I figured it would be easier to order that than to order a regular burger and try to explain that I didnt want a bun. So it comes, neatly placed on the plate next to the toppings, which is fine, but next to the toppings were...two packages of saltines crackers.

Great, thanks.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I was at a divey burger bar this weekend that specifically advertised a "diet" burger with the only difference that it came with no bun. I figured it would be easier to order that than to order a regular burger and try to explain that I didnt want a bun. So it comes, neatly placed on the plate next to the toppings, which is fine, but next to the toppings were...two packages of saltines crackers.

Great, thanks.
    omg this happens to me ALL the time when i get salads and such from downstairs. i have them painstakingly trained to make my perfect salad (romaine, tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives, hard boiled eggs, chicken, asiago cheese, no dressing) and NO CROUTONS EVERRRRRRRRR.

And every single salad comes as ordered... with 2 packs of saltine crackers.

I know it's probably some sort of habitual thing the cooks or whatever do but do none of them spot the irony? I mean hell, I'd much rather eat a garlic butter crouton than a saltine cracker any time, but I deliberately request no crouton so they give me cracker? Oy.

Who eats crackers with salad anyway, even grain eaters? Seems weird to me!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Who eats crackers with salad anyway, even grain eaters? Seems weird to me!
    Well, while I have always disliked croutons (they are too hard and taste like crap), I did eat crackers back in the day. Personally, I liked eating a salad and then dipping the crackers in left over ranch dressing. Of course, I never tried to fool myself into thinking this was healthy.

warrdogg is offline Member
    We have a guy at work that just turned vegan about 6 months ago. He is usually sick 1 week out of every month on average and has some new ailment or injury it's hard to keep track. He is always making comments about what I eat like "Where's the beans in your chili" and "All that saturated fat is going to kill you." I just ignore him usually.

One day he was telling everyone he is like a Ferrari. Well maintained and highly tuned, but when he breaks down its costly. (Where do people come up with this stuff?) I told him "If you're supposed to be a Ferrari I would trade you in for a Yugo because it's more reliable."

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    A: "What do you *eat* for breakfast?"

B: "This morning I had bacon and eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes"

A: "Can I come and live at your house?"
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    My friend from the East coast had never heard of crackers with salads until she moved to the Midwest. Most people crumble them up on the salad, I guess like a sub for croutons.
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    As Sheldon Cooper said on Big Bang Theory: If its got beans, then it isn't chili. It may be delicious but its not chili.