Page 62 of 882 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny CW moments page 62

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Two links for you, courtesy of the excellent blog at Gnolls:

Danish food industry sources slam 'fat tax'
    Bruce Friedrich: A "Sin Tax" on Meat Would Improve Our Health and Environment

There is this strange head-shaped dent in my wall. I can't remember how it got there.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Oh look! I have a head-shaped dent in my wall too! When did that happen? Probably while I reading those links...
    At least the comments were good. I loved the
    "In the US, before vitamin was added to all milk, it was common for omnivorous children to develop rickets. An omnivorous diet is, by necessity, heavily supplement*ed. And, in the case of vitamin D, it's a plant based supplement that prevented the deficiency*."

I lawled.
    Calm the f**k down.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Talking with my roommate last night about running, he was horrified at the idea of me sprinting in my vibrams, and said he thought running in well-supported shoes with long strides and rolling heel-strikes was the best way to run.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    So did he have any actual rationale for thinking that's the best way to run?

At least the vibram enthusiasts have put some thought into why it might work better for them...

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    No, like so many, he just doesn't question CW about fitness and nutrition. If Nike says it's the way to run, it must be the way to run.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Ah, and like so much of the fitness industry, the key to their financial viability is convincing people that you need special high-tech equipment to stay healthy. (see also: gym machines)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Had one earlier that qualified under "well, at least they're trying to help..."
    I was making myself some tea (Earl Grey.) The lady up front noticed my mug and teabasket and asked about it. Half a conversation later, she asks if I eat breakfast. I tell her I'm never hungry until lunch.
    "Well, that explains that ADD."
    Er, sorry. No.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Talking with my roommate last night about running, he was horrified at the idea of me sprinting in my vibrams, and said he thought running in well-supported shoes with long strides and rolling heel-strikes was the best way to run.
    The thing I dont get about stuff like that is if you talk to hardcore runners....they dont think that. Not all of them are into vibrams, although a fair number use them at least periodically, but most are into less structure and I cant think of any who think heel strike is to be strived for.

It's like there is running for runners and running for the masses who must be protected from themselves. Well, to be fair hardcore runners are a slightly odd bunch (I'm raising my own hand here even though I havent run lately) and arent that useful in the marketing arena. They do bizarre stuff like run in 30 year old ratty cotton t-shirts. Can't sell to them. Got to hit up the people you can sell to.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    naiadknight - that is simply unbelievable!

One of my roommates told me that while beef is nutritious, it's also bad for you because it stays in your body for a long time and it takes a long time for your body to digest it. lolwut? She couldn't explain why, but someone told her this when she was younger and she just kind of took it as fact (and stopped eating beef for a while). *shakes head*

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Had one earlier that qualified under "well, at least they're trying to help..."
    I was making myself some tea (Earl Grey.) The lady up front noticed my mug and teabasket and asked about it. Half a conversation later, she asks if I eat breakfast. I tell her I'm never hungry until lunch.
    "Well, that explains that ADD."
    Er, sorry. No.
    Errrrm. No. That's part of taking the medication for ADD, in a lot of cases. I was never hungry during the day, and could eat a cow at night. I was also a bitch at night due to the ADD meds...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly