Page 618 of 881 FirstFirst ... 118518568608616617618619620628668718 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 8805

Thread: Funny CW moments page 618

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    So, we had roast pigs head yesterday ($3 for 1/2 a head!), and I finished up the rest by making it the bast of a soup, which the wif and me had for breakfast. But I didn't slice all the bits up small...

Turns out she's too squeamish to eat a whole pigs nose in her soup for breakfast....
    I have to say, I probably would not either. and wilderness childe has ballz of steel; I am not ready to shave my food (The Wilderness Childe: Pig Head: Part One). I have not yet tried chicken feet at dim sum either. I can kill and dissect lab animals all day long, but actually putting misc body parts into my mouth takes a bit more courage. gonna have to work up to that I think.

I'm wondering if his beef heart jerky would work with beef tongue? (kitoi's kitchen: Vietnamese Inspired Beef Heart Jerky) but it sounds like a great way to eat heart. maybe kidney would work too?

My "funny" CW moment for the day is, I was bad and bought some on-sale valentine candy. I got some of the "queen" brand chocolate covered cherries, the ubiquitous type around at this time. I ate one and all I could taste was the plastic packaging - whatever is in all the plastic they use had infused the candy and it was disgusting. All I could taste was like nasty polystyrene. So I put the rest out in the common area (at work). I also swore off those instant noodles in a cup awhile ago (before paleo), because I could taste the styrofoam container, or whatever additive they have in the plastic, in the food. Similarly, not that any of you would be eating bakery items but, the cheap plastic decorations (most likely from china) they stick on top of decorative cupcakes also do this-- infuse the food with chemicals from the plastic, to the point the entire cupcake tastes like the plastic. There are a lot of sources of synthetic chemical contamination out there, and who knows what chronic health problems they are causing...

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    The coconut water I sometimes drink after a workout has about 11 grams of natural sugar in a glass. So it's not really surprising at all, if there's pineapple there too. I'm actually a little surprised it's so low, but 200 ml... how much is that? Ah well, I wouldn't drink it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yenni View Post
    I noticed an ad for a new pineapple-coconut juice today. I knew without them telling me that it was fat-free and nothing I'd ever drink, but I had to go check out the nutritional info online.

Ingredients: Water, pineapple juice (30%, from concentrate), lactose free milk (20%), sugar, calcium citrate, pectin, citric acid, natural coconut flavouring, natural pineapple flavouring, vitamin C, colour (betacarotene), vitamin D, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG

20 grams of sugar in a glass (200 ml)...

How dare they disgrace the good name of coconut like this?!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    The coconut water I sometimes drink after a workout has about 11 grams of natural sugar in a glass. So it's not really surprising at all, if there's pineapple there too. I'm actually a little surprised it's so low, but 200 ml... how much is that? Ah well, I wouldn't drink it either.
    I thought the point was that there was not any actual coconut in it at all... just coconut flavoring.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

kserge5534 is offline Junior Member
    I saw the following commercial for a rheumatoid arthritis drug. Couldn't help but notice the potentially lethal infection warning since these work by dulling the immune system. Combine that with the food being eaten and I almost wonder if its a sick joke on the ignorance of the people and their faith in CW. No insult intended towards those who might be suffering from it...

TV CM Orencia - YouTube

Rig D is online now Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    This taken 2 days ago: A sandwich board on the road in front of BD's Mongolian Grill, The Greene shopping center, near Dayton OH & Wright Pat. AFB:
    Otherwise, a good spot, pick your meat, pick your veggies, grilled in front of you.Yummy. But dessert? Heaven help us all.

BD Fried Oreo.jpg

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I thought the point was that there was not any actual coconut in it at all... just coconut flavoring.
    Yup, what cori said. I think a glass is 200-250 ml or so. Anyway, they use milk to try get the milky/creamy taste that coconut has, but the juice has no actual coconut in it. The sugar comes from pineapple concentrate, milk and sugar, and the energy from sugar alone (it's 0 g protein, 0 g fat). They just want to profit on the coconut trend that's been going on here. I rejoice since, thanks to it, I am able to find coconut oil and several brands of cononut milk and cream for less money and from smaller shops than before so it's not all bad.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I'm wondering if his beef heart jerky would work with beef tongue? (kitoi's kitchen: Vietnamese Inspired Beef Heart Jerky) but it sounds like a great way to eat heart. maybe kidney would work too?
    I don't think tongue would work very well since it's such a fatty cut. Lean cuts are best for jerky. Muscle meat can be dried and preserved very well at temperatures in the 100F range. But fat doesn't render until much higher, around 220-240. Unrendered fat spoils pretty quickly.

From my little experience with it, kidney seems like it would work alright. Seems like it is pretty lean once you cut off the fat on the outside and the core on the inside.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rig D View Post
    This taken 2 days ago: A sandwich board on the road in front of BD's Mongolian Grill, The Greene shopping center, near Dayton OH & Wright Pat. AFB:
    Otherwise, a good spot, pick your meat, pick your veggies, grilled in front of you.Yummy. But dessert? Heaven help us all.

BD Fried Oreo.jpg
    I can beat that.. the Carron Chipper down the road is the inventor of the,......
    DEEP FRIED MARS BAR! (& yes, ive had them before... )

BBC News - Deep-fried Mars bars: A symbol of a nation's diet?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ^^*stomach rolled* ew
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Looking at the pictures just spiked my insulin (and made my teeth hurt).
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan