Page 617 of 879 FirstFirst ... 117517567607615616617618619627667717 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 8787

Thread: Funny CW moments page 617

eKatherine is offline Senior Member

I realize this is an ancient comment, but...

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Me chatting with my friend last night:

Me: I just made the best dinner ever. It was so delicious!
    Friend: What did you have?
    Me: Well you know I'm moving soon so I am cleaning out my ice box. I made pork meat balls yesterday but I saved the fat. I defrosted thin sliced beef seasoned it and cooked it in the pork fat. Then I took the beef n pork fat and put a few spoon fulls on my veggies.
    Friend: Eating a lot of meat isn't good for you. It causes cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
    Me: ... *facepalm*
    The response to have handy in case the situation comes up again is, "Actually. eating a lot of meat prevents cancer, diabetes, and heart disease."

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    I noticed an ad for a new pineapple-coconut juice today. I knew without them telling me that it was fat-free and nothing I'd ever drink, but I had to go check out the nutritional info online.

Ingredients: Water, pineapple juice (30%, from concentrate), lactose free milk (20%), sugar, calcium citrate, pectin, citric acid, natural coconut flavouring, natural pineapple flavouring, vitamin C, colour (betacarotene), vitamin D, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG

20 grams of sugar in a glass (200 ml)...

How dare they disgrace the good name of coconut like this?!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    So, we had roast pigs head yesterday ($3 for 1/2 a head!), and I finished up the rest by making it the bast of a soup, which the wif and me had for breakfast. But I didn't slice all the bits up small...

Turns out she's too squeamish to eat a whole pigs nose in her soup for breakfast....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Ummmm...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    So, we had roast pigs head yesterday ($3 for 1/2 a head!), and I finished up the rest by making it the bast of a soup, which the wif and me had for breakfast. But I didn't slice all the bits up small...

Turns out she's too squeamish to eat a whole pigs nose in her soup for breakfast....
    Yeah... next time just chop it small, or decide that the nose is your special treat.

Did you see that whole pigs head roll that was posted in a thread a little while ago?
    A thing of pure beauty!
    I told my husband about it... I'm worried he my think I've lost my mind when he comes home to find me de-boning an entire pigs head in one go to recreate it, but it just looked so good.
    He is not the fan of eating skin that I am unfortunately.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yeah... next time just chop it small, or decide that the nose is your special treat.
    Yeah, it turns out that the nose *was* my special treat.

I didn't see th pigs head in the thread. Did it have an apple in it's mouth? Deboning sounds like a lot of work though....
    Last edited by magicmerl; 02-17-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member

eeeewwww MM - thats just wrong. Tell Mrs MM to come and have bacon and eggs with me - at least we don't have to look the bloody thing in the eye - or snout - as it were !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    eeeewwww MM - thats just wrong. Tell Mrs MM to come and have bacon and eggs with me - at least we don't have to look the bloody thing in the eye - or snout - as it were !!!!!!
    But I specifically dug the eye out and gave it to the chickens....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it turns out that the nose *was* my special treat.

I didn't see th pigs head in the thread. Did it have an apple in it's mouth? Deboning sounds like a lot of work though....
    Here you go...
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77380.html

It is in his January archive, just scroll down the page.
    kitoi's kitchen: January 2013

The fella can cool some offal!
    I have to admit, I'm a little in love...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Thanks for the link.

I think I'm in love as well....