Page 613 of 873 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663713 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 8730

Thread: Funny CW moments page 613

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    my friend, Lord love her went to the Dr and was told she in insulin resistance and needed to go low carb. She has been doing WW FOR YEARS. Anyhow, she says well, I am not going to make this hard on me or my family. I am cutting my carbs to 150-200g/day.

smh

She does not listen to me and knows I am VLC but have been LC. She says I am not giving up bread, cereal and fruit. I will eat wraps instead of bread. good grief.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    I actually heard once that the average flour tortilla actually has about the same carb and flour content of a piece or two of bread; the only difference is that in bread its all puffy and spread out, while in a tortilla its densely packed together.

And like the extra large burrito/wrap tortillas likely have even more carb/flour content than the bread that you might have had with the sandwich its replacing
    Exactly. There really is no difference between having the bread or the tortilla really; they probably have the same calories even, so there is zero gain for having a "wrap"; in fact you can buy bread that is only 45 calories/slice, which is reasonable if you must have it. Meanwhile our favorite place to eat in town is the local authentic "taco shack", where I was often getting the burrito specials, but after I started having an interest in paleo one day I deconstructed it - unwrapped the tortilla, and the tortilla was HUGE and the amount of fillings was pretty small actually. So I am thinking most of the calories in the burrito comes from just the tortilla. Of course, it's super delicious, but now I have been getting the carnitas and lengua soft tacos in corn tortilla instead. (haven't brought myself to try the cabeza (brains) taco yet, but someday)

Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    I mentioned this story in my journal, but it's worth repeating as it keeps making me smile...

A coworker of mine is in the Biggest Loser competition at my office, as am I. Yesterday I told him how I lost a couple of more pounds since our last weigh-in and he was amazed because of the things I eat (lots of meat... oh, no!).

I was enjoying a half of a rotisserie chicken and some steamed veggies for lunch at my desk and the coworker stopped at my desk saying, "Whatever weight you lost, you're going to gain right back!" I asked, "Why?"

He responded with, "Well, you're going to eat all of that huge chicken!" And I asked, again, "Yeah, so?" He didn't have an answer right away but just smiled and walked away saying, "I don't get how you can be so slim if you eat like that!"

yep, the one day I ate an entire rotisserie chicken and nothing else, I lost weight.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Overweight, ill coworker to other overweight coworker (both on the Almighty WW):

Did you know that a roll of smarties only has 6.4 grams of carbohydrates? No protein, no fat. You can have two rolls and it'll only be 1 WW point!

Me:*silently screaming in my cubicle*

1st coworker: And it takes 13 pieces of SweeTarts to equal a WW point! See, they can't be bad for you!

I headdesked so hard they had to call the paramedics.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    Overweight, ill coworker to other overweight coworker (both on the Almighty WW):

Did you know that a roll of smarties only has 6.4 grams of carbohydrates? No protein, no fat. You can have two rolls and it'll only be 1 WW point!

Me:*silently screaming in my cubicle*

1st coworker: And it takes 13 pieces of SweeTarts to equal a WW point! See, they can't be bad for you!

I headdesked so hard they had to call the paramedics.
    ummm... er... yeah, there are just no words...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    What kind of floors me is that I hardly ever see anyone in a grocery store reading labels. I know a lot of grocery shopping is really repeating what you did last time you shopped, but really, I'm a people watcher, and there is a huge amount of faith in what that can or bottle says on the front. The one that really taught me was "Tuna in Water" - had soy in it.

Even more distressing is the blind faith some people have in Whole Foods Market. I shop there a lot, and for this area, it has the best selection and prices for grass fed beef and organic veggies (fresh and frozen), but once I'm out of the produce aisle and away from the meat counter, I read every label before it goes into my cart. Veggie oils and soy abound.

Re: WW points. May I just say that while calorie counting may be just a rough estimate, "points" are the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. It takes one even farther away from understanding macros, calories, etc. Forget nutrients, just see what WW says is your points.

If you don't eat foods that list WW points on the box (you know, like fresh veggies and animals), here's the easy peasy formula to calculate points.

Source: http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/c...rs-points.html

Since no one is going to take the time to actually do that for every food they eat, once one buys into the WW myth, they are a slave to packaged foods with the points stated on the box or can. A smart marketing/business model, but a stupid health plan.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Coworker today, who has previously stated that she is "eating paleo-ish" (faileo?) and "doesn't want to lift heavy weights because she'll get bulky":

Her: So I heard that Ramen noodles are great for a pre-workout meal, because of all the carbs and salt. Is that true?
    Me: What are you trying to get out of it?
    Her: .... Carbs and salt?
    Me: Yes, that will get you what you are looking for, then.

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    I was using a curriculum based book today for a language lesson. The lesson was to analyze media, specifically websites to determine how trustworthy they are. The example was a blurb from a blog and a blurb from a news article. The blog was a woman on low carb diet talking about how good she feels and how much weight she has lost, etc. The news article stated that low carb was a fad and people who do it end up quitting because it is too hard, etc. I am sure you can guess which one was more trustworthy. I skipped that lesson and went on the next page.

Advertisement on my buggy at Publix: BUy Mazola Corn Oil: more plant sterols than any other vegetable oil!

Ugh...
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    HAhahah... those things are also deep fried.

She should totally read that label.
    More than carbs and salt in those Ramen noodles... a good bit of fat too.
    Not to mention the other slight FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post

Advertisement on my buggy at Publix: BUy Mazola Corn Oil: more plant sterols than any other vegetable oil!

Ugh...
    I had a good eye roll at exactly the same ad just yesterday while picking up some produce!
    *which is where I tend to get my "plant sterols"(buzz word), ya know*
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-12-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I think this is not even CW, its just stupidity. One of my younger sisters is in NZ, and she told me before her nearly 3 year old was in the front seat of the car, in her car seat, but still. And she says, oh she is OK, I have air bags.
    I just about lost it at her but managed to stay calm and tell her how dangerous it is, not to mention illegal. Needless to say her daughter is now back in the back she says.

JoanieL, thanks for saying that about the WW points! I tried it for a few weeks, and even with the whizzbang iPhone app, calculating points for homemade food (and being confident you were doing it right) was really tricky. All the measuring ingredients, calculating portion sizes, etc... It encouraged you to eat WW food or food from chain restaurants (just look up "TGI Friday's Jack Daniel's steak" or whatever). Hence the co-worker upthread who thought Smarties were healthy because they were low points. I'm sure my average lunch is a whole day's worth of WW points, and I couldn't care less. I also can't be bothered to figure it out. PB is so freeing like that.