Page 609 of 838 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609610611619659709 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 8380

Thread: Funny CW moments page 609

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    Do you think that's true everywhere? I mean, the part about sausages having wheat.
    maybe from the supermarket.
    But the sausages my butcher makes are meat and herbs and spices. Thats it.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Regarding suckers... think about it from this perspective: Zero Nutritional Difference Between Campbells "Healthy" Tomato Soups And Regular, Just Higher Price Tell me that isn't an example of people relabeling products to take advantage of suckers. Tell me that "gluten free" stickers on products that are virtually all gluten free would be any different. In the USA, labeling sausage as "gluten free" is a way to get extra money from suckers.
    Yeah, I'm aware that there's a 'health conscious margin' on various foods. Just try looking at the prices of asian specialty foods in the supermarket vs at a store that the asians shop at

I dunno. Still just seems like smart marketing to me.

I mean where you are, a gluten free label implies that the other sausages have gluten in them. Where I am, it means that the other sausages have gluten in them. Give it 10 years.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 02-07-2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

momrn is offline Member
    Gluten isn't just wheat. Rye and barley are concerns, too. Barley is the biggest sneaky offender. Those small quanities of gluten might be fine for most who avoid for health, but it's crucial for me because of celiac disease. That gluten free label saves me some leg work. I know there is no hidden gluten.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post
    Gluten isn't just wheat. Rye and barley are concerns, too. Barley is the biggest sneaky offender. Those small quanities of gluten might be fine for most who avoid for health, but it's crucial for me because of celiac disease. That gluten free label saves me some leg work. I know there is no hidden gluten.
    Around here sausage with any kind of grain is very rare. I can find sausage with spinach in it easier than sausage with grain.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Around here sausage with any kind of grain is very rare. I can find sausage with spinach in it easier than sausage with grain.
    You've short-circuited the process by feeding the grain to the cow first, right?

I'm so lucky that's not an economically viable thing to do here.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You've short-circuited the process by feeding the grain to the cow first, right?
    Depends on the region, but often/usually yes at least for the last phase before slaughter. That doesn't mean the meat has gluten though.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Depends on the region, but often/usually yes at least for the last phase before slaughter. That doesn't mean the meat has gluten though.
    I've actually wondered about that. I'm allergic to dairy, and to a point I also react to beef. I've always assumed that the dairy allergy was either whey or cassein, but how does that explain the low grade beef allergy? Maybe I'm allergic to what they're fed, instead? I've never had grass fed milk, I wouldn't even know where to find it up here in Alaska.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    While the open mind aspect is true, I am firmly of the opinion that the rectum is an exit only port.
    So no chance of going with the flow? LOL
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Co worker has a serious auto-immune disease that aggravates her joints. Her doc has said not wheat so what does she eat to day some premade "gluten free" pasta in a cream sauce .... she at here SAD dish and I had a BAS with tuna. I really felt sorry for her.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I have a bit of pet peeve about sausages here in Quebec, I have to hunt and pester to find sausages that dont have bread crumbs or corn starch in them. I have my local butcher make them for me now but he wont make too many as I cant afford too many.

Everywhere I go I find them with bread crumbs or some variation in them. I take it that is not the norm? How sad.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.