Page 606 of 871 FirstFirst ... 106506556596604605606607608616656706 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 8710

Thread: Funny CW moments page 606

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    CW inna nutshell

3pruw1.jpg

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    doing a coffee enema was the best thing for her headaches and had made them go away...
    When I was in the academy to become a police officer, (years ago) they told us one of the ways some people were getting away with getting massively drunk w/o having noticeable alcohol on the breath was by an alcohol enema. Because of the large numbers of blood vessels and very little to stop them (little or no lining and easy accessibility) the alcohol is directly absorbed into the blood stream. A kid died that way, enemizing two much alcohol... Anyway, it might be the rapid infusion of caffeine into her blood stream, acting as a vasoconstrictor, is causing a major portion of her headache to go away. Caffeine's effectiveness is why they put caffeine in so many OTC pain relievers. Excedrin is the first one I can think of.

Suggest it's the caffeine and suggest going without a couple of days and see if her headaches get worse. Then try it again and see if it goes away = caffeine's stopping them but only curing the symptom, not the underlying issue.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Only problem with that, is the potential to have headaches either way. With high enough doses or non-filtered caffeine (such as suppository), the brain will have withdrawal from it, generally in the form of headaches. In those that suffer migraines, the withdrawal from caffeine would exacerbate the effects of the migraine. So, it would reinforce the idea that shoving caffeine up your ass = no migraines.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Coffee enemas are big in the gut-healing community. Enemas are step 1, coffee enemas are supposed to work even better.

Wouldn't know!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Man... what happened to just drinking your coffee? I don't even...

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    When I was in the academy to become a police officer, (years ago) they told us one of the ways some people were getting away with getting massively drunk w/o having noticeable alcohol on the breath was by an alcohol enema.
    Great, next ya know cops will be sticking breathalyzers up peoples asses.

vintageeats is offline Member
    These days, it's becoming harder and harder for me not to roll my eyes when someone refers to "healthy" grains.

I'm in a business class that helps start-ups, some of which are involved in making food. A lady last night was talking about the cakes she makes, and then a group-wide conversation ensued about how to use "whole grains" and "raw sugars" and portion control, to make those cakes "healthy". I just checked out, because these days, conversions aren't something I have time for. Sigh. So ill-informed. Maybe I'll launch a side project offering a Primal food lunches.

Also, ew re: enemas :-)

pfair143 is offline Member
    "The time-tested water enema evolved during WWI when German medic supplies – including morphine – were in short supply and nurses were desperate to find ways of alleviating the post-surgery pain of severely wounded soldiers. Water enemas were routinely used, but anxious to find a more potent pain reliever, one resourceful nurse intuitively used leftover brewed coffee and found it to be highly effective."

Can read more here: Whole Body Detoxification (Part 4): The Coffee Enema

I'm not if favor of or against it because I don't personally know anything about it, but an open mind is what got you to Mark's site isn't it?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfair143 View Post
    I'm not if favor of or against it because I don't personally know anything about it, but an open mind is what got you to Mark's site isn't it?
    While the open mind aspect is true, I am firmly of the opinion that the rectum is an exit only port.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

pfair143 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    While the open mind aspect is true, I am firmly of the opinion that the rectum is an exit only port.
    Different strokes for different folks.