Page 605 of 871 FirstFirst ... 105505555595603604605606607615655705 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 8704

Thread: Funny CW moments page 605

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I prefer keeping my feet on the bench because it pushes my lower back into contact with the bench more solidly--no arching my hips up if the weight is heavy. I feel like it helps to keep my form very strict and stable. Watch at the gym how many people arch their backs off the bench while lifting.
    Lol, whut? Powerlifters are all about the arch in the back, nothing wrong with that. If the ass is off the bench, then it's not legit. Planting your feet on the ground allows you to utilize your leg muscles to help drive the lift.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Gluten free sausages arnt the norm here, they put wheat rusk in all the sausages as standard... Exspecially the cheap"guess the pig parts" sausage
    Ahhh... yeah, I've had what your tribe calls sausage ... I thought they were very strange. Around here those are a specialty item rarely seen outside a few retailers serving the expat community so I wasn't thinking in those terms. Here the cheap sausage is mostly fat, water and enough protein to bind them together, and the OK sausage hovers in the 98% "named domesticated animal product" range.

Maybe she was Americano? Deutsch? From somewhere that loves the pastry and the almost-entirely-animal-product sausage? Dunno... but at least I get the joke now.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    DO try it. It tastes like Greek yoghurt, but has 31% fat instead of 10%. So nice... (we need a *drool* icon...)
    I get a cultured cream... basically the locals here spoon the cream off into a bucket and collect it over several days. It begins to sour and has a wonderful "sour cream" flavor that is just divine. It's also so thick it's like spooning soft ice cream. It makes so many great things and, being full fat cream, it's probably well above 40% fat. I make butter from it that has this wonderful complex flavor that, added with a little bit of "Real Salt" is simply the best. Makes the most amazing steak. I literally could eat it raw... the butter that is. I get buttermilk from that that is cultured also and has a nice refreshing tang.

Whipped cultured cream with a hint of honey over fresh fruit... OMGoodness. It doesn't get any better than that. Drizzled with 80% chocolate... I died.

As for getting anything from the store... remember, if it says "pastuerized" or worse "ultra pastuerized" the milk is basically dead... I have severe lactose intolerance... but only from commercial milk. My mother is the same way. When I need it, I will occasionally buy regular "pasteurized" heavy whipping cream from the store. I don't ever buy ultra anymore. It's just too dicey with my stomach. No one likes living in the bathroom.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sires6 View Post
    As for getting anything from the store... remember, if it says "pastuerized" or worse "ultra pastuerized" the milk is basically dead... I have severe lactose intolerance... but only from commercial milk. My mother is the same way. When I need it, I will occasionally buy regular "pasteurized" heavy whipping cream from the store. I don't ever buy ultra anymore. It's just too dicey with my stomach. No one likes living in the bathroom.
    This!
    For years I thought it was "me"... No, it's the crap they do to the milk!
    Natural raw milk is fine in my tummy, and I can drink it without issue.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    ok you kilt-wearing cutie.. I have no idea on the difference in butter either!! LOL

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    A woman I grew up with recently started a blog to chronicle her weight loss journey. One of her more recent entries listed instructions on how to make cake "healthy" and lower calorie so she could eat it more often.

This is a direct quote from her:

"What makes cake so unhealthy is the butter and eggs we put in it." Yeah, because the sugar and refined flour can't possibly be unhealthy...

Sigh. Her solution to making cake healthy? Make it with only boxed cake mix and diet soda. Then it practically becomes a miracle health food!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I was in water aerobics yesterday. My classmates were talking about healthy foods and alternative practices. One classmate was swearing up, down and sideways that doing a coffee enema was the best thing for her headaches and had made them go away completely if she did them regularly. I asked if she thought it might be a sensitivity or maybe brought on by something she was eating that she could remove from her diet. I got looked at like I grew a third eye. Yeah. She's the one putting coffee up her ass and I'm the weird one for suggesting the headaches could be caused by food.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Um.. what? Who decided that flushing your ass out with caffeine was a good idea?

Samphis is offline Member
    I think you could have shortened that story to "coffee enema," and it would have had the same impact.

faithy22 is offline Member
    I tutor a high school kid (male, 15) in chemistry. We meet weekly at Starbucks, so I'm usually sipping on my grande Earl Grey tea with literally 1/3 cup heavy cream in it. We were discussing my "snack" last night:

Student: That looks really good!
    Me: It's super yummy!
    Student: But so bad for you.
    Me: Why?
    Student: Because of all the cream in it.
    Me: Why's that bad for me?
    Student: Because of all the fat in the cream.
    Me: Why's that bad for me?
    Student: Because fat is bad for you.
    Me: Says who?
    Student: {blank stare}
    Me: Why is fat bad for me?
    Student: Because it just is.
    Me: Says who???
    Student: Everyone knows it's bad for you!
    Me: Because the government tells us it's bad for me?
    Student: I don't know why, everyone just knows it.
    Me: {starting to get a little preachy} So...if our bodies store excess energy in the form of fat, and when we lose weight we metabolize this fat and turn it into energy, and the fat on our bodies is the same as the fat that we eat, how can eating it be bad for us? That's like saying that losing weight is bad for us because our bodies are burning fat.
    Student: {really blank stare}
    Me: Wanna learn some chemistry now?!