Page 604 of 894 FirstFirst ... 104504554594602603604605606614654704 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 8933

Thread: Funny CW moments page 604

  1. #6031
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,509
    Primal Fuel
    I looked up creme freiche, I need to find some and try it.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  2. #6032
    Kochin's Avatar
    Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I looked up creme freiche, I need to find some and try it.
    DO try it. It tastes like Greek yoghurt, but has 31% fat instead of 10%. So nice... (we need a *drool* icon...)
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

    --
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

  3. #6033
    sires6's Avatar
    sires6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
    I've been eating bacon and eggs for lunch every day, mind you. Yeah, I'm really suffering.
    I suffered through grass fed steak, my own chicken's eggs (pastured of course) scrambled with herbs and local goat cheddar and brie with a tiny bit of fruit jam (no sugar and no sugar alcohols), fresh mango and hot tea with coconut milk and a little bit of local honey. Oh yeah I'm really suffering.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

    Annie Sires

    Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

  4. #6034
    fifer's Avatar
    fifer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    DO try it. It tastes like Greek yoghurt, but has 31% fat instead of 10%. So nice... (we need a *drool* icon...)

    Creme Fraiche is really good, because it has lactic cultures it's a lot more digestible than cream (especially for people who are not so good with dairy - similar to how French butter is easier for some people to take than plain English style butter)

  5. #6035
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,509
    Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    Creme Fraiche is really good, because it has lactic cultures it's a lot more digestible than cream (especially for people who are not so good with dairy - similar to how French butter is easier for some people to take than plain English style butter)
    ok you kilt-wearing cutie.. I have no idea on the difference in butter either!! LOL
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  6. #6036
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    ok you kilt-wearing cutie.. I have no idea on the difference in butter either!! LOL

    Cultured Butter
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  7. #6037
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,509
    OK.. now that I know what both are I will see if I can find them around here. Ordering on Amazon is hella expensive
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  8. #6038
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    OK.. now that I know what both are I will see if I can find them around here. Ordering on Amazon is hella expensive
    DIY?

    If you can make yogurt you can make cultured cream. And cultured butter.

    At 28% butterfat Creme Fraiche sounds like cultured light cream, or regular cream, or you can do Creme Bulgare which is cultured heavy whipping cream... then beat either one into butter I'm sure.
    I like Creme Bulgare too much as is to ever consider using it for butter!

    You might find the Crema Mexicana (a cultured sour cream similar to Creme Fraiche) in your area is you have a hispanic population and a store that has an area of the isle catering to them?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  9. #6039
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,509
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    DIY?

    If you can make yogurt you can make cultured cream. And cultured butter.

    At 28% butterfat Creme Fraiche sounds like cultured light cream, or regular cream, or you can do Creme Bulgare which is cultured heavy whipping cream... then beat either one into butter I'm sure.
    I like Creme Bulgare too much as is to ever consider using it for butter!
    you lost me here...
    [QUOTE=cori93437;1082672
    You might find the Crema Mexicana (a cultured sour cream similar to Creme Fraiche) in your area is you have a hispanic population and a store that has an area of the isle catering to them?[/QUOTE]

    ok... thinking I have seen this.. I will check when I go back to the store. I bet its with the mexican cheeses and such.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  10. #6040
    DinoHunter's Avatar
    DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,195
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It usally next to the soured cream and cream in the shops here, actully perfect sub for soured cream
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •